Milestone cruises by days only

cdngrl

the milestone cruises (50/ 75...) have been changed from number of cruise credits to cruise days (500/ 750...) as of the beginning of june. those of us who cruise solo and receive double the credits are out of luck now. by the time i get 500 days, i'll be close to my 100th cruise credit.

i was fortunate that my 50th cruise credit happened at the end of may. 2 weeks later my friend had her 50th cruise credit and was told that the rules changed and she needs 500 days.

i just returned from a cruise day before yesterday and the captains circle hostess confirmed that it is now strictly on days. my friend thought she was to be on a special cruise and was disappointed. i think counting days is fair but it would have been nice to know about.

Wonder if it the next cruise after you reach the milestone, like it is for Captain's Circle status, or if it is on the voyage where you actually reach the milestone?

Princess should publish in the Captain's Circle information details regarding:

Loyalty OBC

MTP top 40 qualifications

Milestone

Can you please list what the breakdown on cruise days are for the incentive? I didn't know there was a change and can't seem to find any information regarding it.

Thanks

From what I gather from cdngrl's posting the milestones are 500 days, 750 days and I interpret the next level to be 1,000 days, and so on.

Wonder if this means they are about to change the way Captains Circle levels are achieved as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems a long way between Platinum and Elite. i always thought there should be something in between to look forward to. Not that loyalty is sealed due to perks. We always check out the other lines now anyway.

We will hit 500 days with about 40 credits in Jan 2019 so it helps us.

I remember when Princess was celebrating their 50th anniversary people were getting recognition at the CC party for doing 50 cruises. What did you get in May to recognize the milestone?

We are still a ways off either way but I think actual days is fair. Too many people were getting credit by doing one day cruises. Plus we usually take 10 to 12 day cruises so number wise we make out better then actual cruise numbers towards the reward level.

I wonder how this will affect those that are travel agents and get the honorary Elite status or those that get the gamblers special to reach Elite. Neither of those seem fair to us that actually cruised and earned our status the old fashion way - we earned it.

My only pet peeve is that kids are not recognized for their actual level. I get the 18 and have to be an adult thing but they could still get the colored card recognition just like everyone else. Even a 10 YO should be greeted the same way as anyone in their level with "welcome back". Shouldn't they get the 10% discount in the store (for Elite). They cruised the proper amount to earn it. Yes, Yes, before anyone says it I'll say it for you. I already know they get the benefits earned at 18. Even if the don't get the actual benefits I think they still deserve the "color" of their status.

Thanks, now I get it. So much for me. I finally made it to 21 cruises, so that's over. I need another 300 days to make it to 500, so good bye to that incentive! It's gone just like the chocolate covered strawberries on formal night.

Pam

You will still have the periodic increases in the Loyalty OBC to look forward to. Not a lot, but better than nothing

I think people are confusing Milestone cruises with Captain's Circle levels.... This post was about the little known benefit of Milestone cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will still have the periodic increases in the Loyalty OBC to look forward to. Not a lot, but better than nothing

But wouldn't the change for Milestone cruises from cruise credits to cruise days maybe also affect the Loyalty OBC, which is based on cruise credits?

But wouldn't the change for Milestone cruises from cruise credits to cruise days maybe also affect the Loyalty OBC, which is based on cruise credits?

Sure it could affect other things, but so far, it has been reported that the milestone benefits have changed, but no mention of anything else changing.

This has nothing to do with the number of cruises and/or days it takes to reach Platinum or Elite status, rather the "milestone" recognition which was the 50th cruise credit and 75th cruise credit. We did not hit 500 days before the system changed, but we did hit the 50th cruise credit, thanks to cruising in suites from time to time. It was nice, we had chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, flowers, recognition at the Captain's Circle party, bridge tour invitation.....so I guess we will have our 500th day of Princess cruising honored as well. We still have a way to go for 750 cruise days, but we will enjoy getting there. :)

If one good thing comes of this change it'll be that people can no longer add up real short cruises to climb loyalty levels.

I wish DCL would do the same. It's really unequal that someone who's taken, say, ten 3 night cruises gets the same perks (few though they be) as someone who takes ten 7 night (or longer) cruises.

Thanks, now I get it. So much for me. I finally made it to 21 cruises, so that's over. I need another 300 days to make it to 500, so good bye to that incentive! It's gone just like the chocolate covered strawberries on formal night.

Pam

It is not over, you start getting OBC from Captain's Circle, which increases as you get more cruise credits. From Cruse 22 to Cruise 31, it is $25 per cruise, then it goes to $50 for the next 10, etc., max out at $100 OBC which continues on for you.

Wonder if it the next cruise after you reach the milestone, like it is for Captain's Circle status, or if it is on the voyage where you actually reach the milestone?

Princess should publish in the Captain's Circle information details regarding:

Loyalty OBC

MTP top 40 qualifications

Milestone

On the voyage where you actually reach the milestone......

Right now, we're sitting at just 128 days, soon to be 140 after next month's cruise around Britain, which will be our 20th on Princess. Counting either way seems so far off that it probably doesn't matter much. Now that we're retired, we will be taking a few longer cruises that we couldn't when we worked. So it will take 36 10-day cruises or 30 12-day cruises or a mix of short cruises and longer cruises to reach 500 cruise days--probably not much difference from reaching 50 cruises.