Ocean beach club Cozumel AVOID

DublinIRE

Just putting a warning out to people to avoid this dump of a beach club, 65$ in for all inclusive but the scam is the waiters dont give you any service we literally got 2 drinks all day there kept going to the bar to complain and nothing changed, the drinks were halfs in small little plastic cups,

The beach sellers were also relentless couldnt relax on the beach all in all a complete waste of money and ruined Cozumel for us, reason we ended up there was we didnt realise there was 8 ships in port when we were arriving so options were limited, dont ask a taxi man for recommendation.

Just putting a warning out to people to avoid this dump of a beach club, 65$ in for all inclusive but the scam is the waiters dont give you any service we literally got 2 drinks all day there kept going to the bar to complain and nothing changed, the drinks were halfs in small little plastic cups,

The beach sellers were also relentless couldnt relax on the beach all in all a complete waste of money and ruined Cozumel for us, reason we ended up there was we didnt realise there was 8 ships in port when we were arriving so options were limited, dont ask a taxi man for recommendation.

Haven’t seen any reviews for this condo complex in years but it doesn’t seem as if much has changed.

Is this the condo complex that just north of Carlos and Charlies and Playa San Francisco? If so, then your driver was being paid by them to take you there. Unless prices have changed, US$65 is on the high side for AIs in Cozumel.

Thanks for reporting for others, but best advice for any port is to be aware and have a plan on where you want to go, or you risk getting into these bad situations.

Is this the condo complex that just north of Carlos and Charlies and Playa San Francisco? If so, then your driver was being paid by them to take you there. Unless prices have changed, US$65 is on the high side for AIs in Cozumel.

Thanks for reporting for others, but best advice for any port is to be aware and have a plan on where you want to go, or you risk getting into these bad situations.

Yes that is the one I am thinking of. I don’t know if the buildings ever got finished but I remember many years ago them trying to promote it. At first all was good, then not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

We have had taxi drivers try to talk us out of going to Paradise Beach and going with their recommendation. They even lied about Paradise Beach when I had written information in hand, and talked it down.

This of course sent my antenna up, assuming he was on the take to bring people elsewhere most likely an inferior product. Next taxi, thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

we were there on Friday, Nov 24.

We were a little disappointed, but not because of the alcohol. We don't drink or eat while we are ashore. Some woman in front of us paid $60 pp and was screaming at the staff at the entrance because some particular types of beer and liquor weren't included or whatnot.

There were 4 ships at our terminal (not International, the other one) alone, so all of the beaches we saw were super crowded.

The taxi dispatcher didn't try to sway us either way and patiently told us about all of the beaches/places we asked him about and their entrance fees. I wanted to go to the Money bar, but my family disagreed when we were already at Cozumel so I couldn't look anything else up on the spot.

In the end we decided to go to Ocean Club for $17 pp entrance fee which included a chaise, an umbrella, wifi connection (was very slow and only my hub's phone connected to the 5Gh net, so he did some black Friday shopping done), and use of the pool and the "water park". The "water park" consisted of 2 large inflatable structures.

Taxi was $21 for all 5 of us each way. The cars were modern and had seat belts in them.

The water was very rough and cold, so getting to the "water park" far away from the shore never happened for my hubby and our 6 yo kiddo. Kiddo really-really-really wanted to play and bounce there, but it was impossible to get to. Other beach clubs nearby had their "water parks" much closer to the beach, so kids were playing on them a lot.

The pool was a bit cold as well, but better than the ocean, so kiddo and I spent some time in it with the other kids. The air was permeated with a fried fish smell. It was pretty bad.

The Ocean Club beach was extremely crowded - not enjoyable at all, and people just kept coming in, even though there was nowhere to put them. We paid for 5 chaises, but ended up getting only 4 of them because there were no chaises left (and we got there about 10:30 am which was pretty early).

A lot of people next to us were enjoying the alcohol and food with the all inclusive deal, and the waiters kept bringing both out pretty quickly as far as I could see.

We ended up getting the chaises in front of the music blaring at full volume, and I hated it. The umbrellas were nice and covered 2 chaises. The chaises were decent and not rickety.

All in all, we had a somewhat decent experience, but would choose something different next time. Something with fewer people. For $17pp I expected a bit more space and quiet.

yeah, I know... But it was colder than water in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Princess Cays was a bit chilly, but once you got in, it was fine. Cozumel's water was very rough and much colder. I didn't even get in.

Some people think water temp in San Diego is just fine year round for swimming, but I couldn't get in even in August - too cold. We love Florida Panhandle in August - the water is usually warm even if it's rough.