POA Renovations to 12 and adding rooms on 13

coats141

Does anyone know if the existing rooms on "12" are being

reconfigured? (I know that they are being remodeled) My

"SA" is now being downgraded to a "SB" and I'm confused.

(I booked 3 yrs out for my 20th, now 2 yrs and 6 weeks,

and I'm ok with upgrading the interior but will be upset if

the room floorplan is changed cause it's the largest one.)

*It was a surprise for my Wife and I went all out on this.

CC

It would appear that they are indeed changing the room layout. On the NCL website, the following information is posted:

This amazing suite sleeps up to four guests. In addition to the separate bedroom with king-size bed and walk-in closet, they have a luxury bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. You'll also get to enjoy a living room, dining room, private balcony with hot tub and outdoor dining area and a guest bathroom. Includes butler and concierge service.

PLEASE NOTE:

For sailings starting Sept 7, 2013 the name and description for this category will change to:

2-Bedroom Deluxe Family Suite with Large Balcony

Living room, private balcony, two separate bedrooms one with a king-size bed and walk-in-closet and one with double murphy bed, a double sofa bed, two TVs, two bathrooms one with bath and shower. Butler service and concierge available. Located on deck 9, forward, approx 880 sq ft., accommodates up to 6.

So it sounds to me that they're splitting the living room area to add a second bedroom.

Your right we book the two bedroom deluxe family suite 9500 back in augest and it was a cat. SD now we are a cat. SA for our oct. 13 cruise. wordered if that was right , called NCL and they said that the cabin was now the top suite on the POA. not bad for a frist time suite person can't wait

Well for a "Couple" on their "20th" that kinda sucks !!! (JMHO)

That's why I booked this room in advance to be sure I got it.

Oh Well, can't afford to switch rooms since $$ is now higher.

I can completely understand that! I hope you still have an amazing experience aboard the POA.

• 4 weeks later...
We hope so too, but I'm still upset about it. :mad:

I've booked suite 12006 for a November 2013 cruise. I've talked with 3 different NCL reps and none of them seem to actually know if the room is still a one bedroom or if it is now a two bedroom. I'm just the opposite from the original poster -- I'd be delighted if it had become a 2 bedroom suite! When I read the description on the website, one NCL rep told me, "Oh, you can't trust the website."

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in room 12006, it is a large one for sure, I was not sleeping in it, it was next to the room we were in. After the cruise our Butler took us in there for a look around. It has a huge lanai with a hot tub. It is the largest room on the ship.

It is a one bedroom, and I have not heard anything about it becoming a two bedroom....but who knows.

Edited by Molokai-Chuck

The lack of accurate floorplans for the POA on the NCL website is very frustrating. I just booked a couple of rooms on the 13th floor for a 2014 sailing - it took a lot of calls to different NCL reps to get information about the floorplans that I felt I could trust (I really needed to get the right combination of separate bedrooms per suite).

In the course of those conversations it was pretty clear that 12006 is having another bedroom added. I got the impression that it won't be complete until September.

The lack of accurate floorplans for the POA on the NCL website is very frustrating....

In the course of those conversations it was pretty clear that 12006 is having another bedroom added. I got the impression that it won't be complete until September.

I completely agree that the lack of information and floorplans is incredibly frustrating. I was told just as clearly by a supervisor at the NCL call center that 12006 would not be remodeled to have 2 bedrooms. But I think there is agreement that decks 12 and 13 won't be ready until September.

• 6 months later...
I know you said November (Just not when)

Please let me know about the room.

CC

My cruise is this coming Saturday-- but others have confirmed 12006 is one bedroom, as has NCL corporate. Those of us in 12006 right now have another problem-- a leak in the bathroom-- but that's nothing for you to worry about. Happy cruising!

My cruise is this coming Saturday-- but others have confirmed 12006 is one bedroom, as has NCL corporate. Those of us in 12006 right now have another problem-- a leak in the bathroom-- but that's nothing for you to worry about. Happy cruising!

Midnight Blue please post following your cruise. I sincerely hope the leaking is fixed before you board.

I anxiously await for any information you may have on your return.

Happy Sailing

Cindy

Midnight Blue please post following your cruise. I sincerely hope the leaking is fixed before you board.

I anxiously await for any information you may have on your return.

Happy Sailing

Cindy

I'll definitely post following the cruise. Unfortunately, I know for sure the leak won't be repaired before I board -- apparently, they need 2 weeks with no one in the room to do the repair (it involves ripping up the bathroom floor). The guests in the suite this week didn't want to move and I didn't either as they had absolutely nothing available that was close to comparable to that suite -- not even 2 suites that together might come close to the size of 12006.

NCL has given me significant OBC as compensation. We're going to put a towel down on the leak, ignore it and enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...