Beverage Packages - Family and Usage

Hi, I read some topics about the same subject, but I didn’t find the answer…

Is it possible to buy a beverage pack different for any member of the family, in the same cabin? Example, one like to drink alcohol, other like juices, and other only drink sodas. In my case I just drink sodas, so Royal Refreshment seems perfect, and probably the same for my younger kids, but my wife and maybe my older could enjoy juices, coffees and tea from the Royal Replenish, but it doesn’t worth buying it for everyone…

BTW, can we use Royal Refreshment Pack in the Main Dinner Room or Windjammer? Do the waiters fill them up during the meal? Or we need to go to a refilling station?

And, is it necessary to carry the souvenir glass to be able to use the pack? (in restaurants or around the ship)

Thanks and regards!

Everyone in your party can choose a different (or no) beverage package.

You can use the packages in all the restaurants, including Windjammer and MDR.

You need the souvenir cup to use the Freestyle machine which has over 100 beverage choices. If you don't have the cup, you can get about 6 different beverage choices from bars or restaurants.

Edited by clarea

Everyone in the cabin can have a different beverage package or none at all.

The mug can be refilled anywhere or you can get a soda in a glass at a bar. You have to use the mug at the freestyle machines. My kids rarely used the mugs, they would just go to a bar for the soda. The freestyle machines were often broken on our resent Allure trip. SUPER ANNOYING!!!!

With the royal replenish you can get freshly squeezed oj, which was $4.50. You can get non alcoholic frozen drinks which include strawberry daiquiri, pina colada, they have a mixed berry flavor, frozen lemonade, lava flow, tropical fruit, chocolate, vanilla, Oreo cookie (tastes just like a milk shake).

Small bottles of San pelligrino and regular bottled water. Not the Evian water that's in the rooms though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The freestyle machines were often broken on our resent Allure trip. SUPER ANNOYING!!!!

That is disappointing and a somewhat common complaint recently regarding Freestyle machines.

There is a package that is just sodas, not the royal replenishment and it is like $45 for the week.

Refreshment package, 18 and older 6.50 per day (under is 4.50) + gratudy added on to purchase price.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

If on a ship with the Freestyle machines, in theory - if working, get more than soda b/c flavored waters and powerade are in the machine. It's mainly soda card but called "Refreshment" now.

Coffee, tea, ice water and lemonade (or flavored water) is included in your fare, along with milk and juice at breakfast. If those are the only drinks you need, then no package will be needed. Other items can be bought "a la carte", if you only want something special now and again.

The mug can be refilled anywhere or you can get a soda in a glass at a bar. You have to use the mug at the freestyle machines. My kids rarely used the mugs, they would just go to a bar for the soda. The freestyle machines were often broken on our resent Allure trip. SUPER ANNOYING!!!!

With the royal replenish you can get freshly squeezed oj, which was $4.50. You can get non alcoholic frozen drinks which include strawberry daiquiri, pina colada, they have a mixed berry flavor, frozen lemonade, lava flow, tropical fruit, chocolate, vanilla, Oreo cookie (tastes just like a milk shake).

Small bottles of San pelligrino and regular bottled water. Not the Evian water that's in the rooms though.

Has that changed recently? I thought that Royal insisted that if one person had a package everyone had to have one. I am really pleased if that is now the case as I wouldn't want the top package but my husband probably would.

Has that changed recently? I thought that Royal insisted that if one person had a package everyone had to have one. I am really pleased if that is now the case as I wouldn't want the top package but my husband probably would.

The policy changed in November 2013.

• 4 months later...
Coffee, tea, ice water and lemonade (or flavored water) is included in your fare, along with milk and juice at breakfast. If those are the only drinks you need, then no package will be needed. Other items can be bought "a la carte", if you only want something special now and again.

Where and when there is the availability of coffee, tea, ice water or lemonade? Are these available for free during lunch (Windjammer) or dinner (MDR)? And out of these places and periods - can I go to any bar at any moment and ask one of these with no charge?

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Forums

Where and when there is the availability of coffee, tea, ice water or lemonade? Are these available for free during lunch (Windjammer) or dinner (MDR)? And out of these places and periods - can I go to any bar at any moment and ask one of these with no charge?

Coffee, water and lemonade are always available in WJ. Same plus iced tea are available in MDR and most dining venues.

You can get ice water from any bar or server without charge. We usually give them a small tip when we order ice water without another drink.

Edited by lazydayz

So if my kids want milk or juice with lunch or dinner we have to pay?

Milk is available for no extra charge with all meals. Juice would be extra outside of breakfast. There is a bottled juice package available.

Edited by clarea

If you think your kids will want juice at times other than breakfast, you can bring a couple of empty sports bottles and fill them with juice at breakfast and keep on ice in your cabin. Milk and chocolate milk are free at all meals.

Last year my DH did one of the alcohol packages and me and DD did the soda package.

My DH was so thrilled because he had the opportunity to try so many new drinks...........................and he probably only finished 1/5th of them.

By having his package he was able to try new drinks, many of which he did not like and not feel guilty about finishing them.

He rarely drinks a beer, but wanted to try the specialty drinks and/or drink of the day.

He probably ordered around 7 drinks a day, and maybe drank 3 of them.

I on the other hand am a traditionalist, give me a glass of champagne and I will be more than happy.

And DD was 19 too young to drink:eek:

Sea Ya

When I did the math, if you drink at least 3 sodas a day you save money with the package versus buying a la carte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep in mind when you use your package you get soda from the "gun" dispenser (about half a can worth), whereas when you buy a soda you get the whole can. so technically you'd need to order 6 sodas on the package to equal 3 cans, before you'd break even

I was on the Allure in October and was happy with the Freestyle machines. They were refilled frequently and I only encountered one machine that was out of what I wanted, but it was refilled within an hour. I was pleasantly surprised because I read on CC how they were always empty, but that was not the case at all.

You can get ice water from any bar or server without charge. We usually give them a small tip when we order ice water without another drink.

Thank you lazydays!

But lemonade, that could replace a soft drink during the day out of restaurants, should be paid, right?