Reflections on Crystal Serenity, Pacific Sojourn, LA to Syd - 23 Jan – 17 Feb 2018

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:42 AM.
768 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by Bodogbodog
Actually I don’t think we’ve heard from Art since he headed to South Korea after the cruise for the Winter Olympics - perhaps he’s still up there and helping President Trump out with negotiations with the North
I apologize for "abandoning" all my friends after departing our cruise. We had a wonderful time in Sydney - did a city tour, Blue Mountain tour, Sydney Opera House tour, saw an opera, loved the Four Seasons and then flew to Korea for the Olympics. That was an incredible experience as we had tickets for so many big events including what became the biggest event and hottest ticket at the Olympics - the finals of men's curling. (A little dig for everyone who laughed when I told them we were looking forward to seeing it. Who knew the USA would win the gold? ). Ivanka and the King of Sweden sat right below us. Sorry I can't post my movie, but here is a link to my photos on Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/302134...57664937912157.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Hello from Art & Ellie

10,234 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by artbcpa
I apologize for "abandoning" all my friends after departing our cruise. We had a wonderful time in Sydney - did a city tour, Blue Mountain tour, Sydney Opera House tour, saw an opera, loved the Four Seasons and then flew to Korea for the Olympics. That was an incredible experience as we had tickets for so many big events including what became the biggest event and hottest ticket at the Olympics - the finals of men's curling. (A little dig for everyone who laughed when I told them we were looking forward to seeing it. Who knew the USA would win the gold? ). Ivanka and the King of Sweden sat right below us. Sorry I can't post my movie, but here is a link to my photos on Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/302134...57664937912157.
Wow...what an amazing post-cruise trip.

Nancy
768 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by mskatiemae
Very nice! Love your photos. Thanks for sharing. Please inform us whenever you are planning activities around your trips, because you seem to have a Midas touch for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app
You are welcome. This one had a lot of luck to it. Although I can't post the iMovie I made, I did just post a couple of the videos including the shot where the Swedish team effectively lost the gold to the USA. https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Sydney, Australia
6,271 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by artbcpa
You are welcome. This one had a lot of luck to it. Although I can't post the iMovie I made, I did just post a couple of the videos including the shot where the Swedish team effectively lost the gold to the USA. https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Art - great to hear you enjoyed your time at the Olympics

Now the video I'm really looking for is the Silver/Bronze playoff for the Mens Doubles in Table Tennis in the 2018 Crystal Serenity World Games - that one must go down in World Games history as one of the epic battles

Great to spend time with you and Ellie on this cruise and look forward to catching up again on Crystal
768 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by Bodogbodog
Art - great to hear you enjoyed your time at the Olympics

Now the video I'm really looking for is the Silver/Bronze playoff for the Mens Doubles in Table Tennis in the 2018 Crystal Serenity World Games - that one must go down in World Games history as one of the epic battles

Great to spend time with you and Ellie on this cruise and look forward to catching up again on Crystal
It was so nice to finally meet you in person. We had a truly wonderful time in Sydney. Our dinner at Aria was truly memorable. Ellie and I are seriously considering either the 2019 or 2020 world cruises. Right now we are leaning to 2020.

As far as the Crystal World games, I think the truly competitive match was the mixed doubles with our two friends from Brazil.

Art & Ellie