Bottomless Galley Brunch

Just checking out my Cruise planner for the Allure in December. Thinking about booking the Bottomless Galley Brunch for $36 CAD each. We don't usually book any specialty dining venues but this sounded like something a little different. Would really appreciate any thoughts from CC folks who have done this. Thanks!

Just checking out my Cruise planner for the Allure in December. Thinking about booking the Bottomless Galley Brunch for $36 CAD each. We don't usually book any specialty dining venues but this sounded like something a little different. Would really appreciate any thoughts from CC folks who have done this. Thanks!

My sister and I did this in the Oasis last year. I wasn’t too impressed but I may have been expecting too much. There were a lot of people and it wasn’t well organized. First, they sent everyone back to their rooms to get closed toe shoes (a necessity for visiting galley). Then when everyone returned, they broke us into groups. We had to wait about 20 mins for our group’s turn. We had one glass of champagne and more was not being offered. It was a very short visit to the galley and there wasn’t much happening. With a large group, it is hard to hear and see because the walkway spaces are narrow. We saw the spaces, but no activity apart from some pastry prep. After the tour, we were taken back to the dining room and seated. Because of the various groups going at different times, some people were already eating and some were just leaving for their tour. It took a long time to get served. We were not offered any more champagne so we had to flag a waiter down to ask for more. Not exactly ‘bottomless’. Lunch was the same as the menu being served in the dining room. Nothing special. Our waiter never returned with dessert and it had taken so long, that we left and went to the windjammer for dessert. It might have been the number of people, lack of organization or just the particular group / wait staff we had, but it was not very good. It doesn’t come close to specialty dining experience at the restaurants on board. We loved 150 CP, Chops, Sabor and Giovanni’s! All were worth the money but we bought a package in advance. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the Galley tour on our Jewel Caribbean cruise in February 2017. Our headwaiter informed us of the tour the evening prior. It was $28 USD per person and our 10 year old was free. We thought it was a good way to spend a sea day morning and were not disappointed. As BixBebe said we too were divided into 3 groups for the tour but the groups were started sequentially and we all were done pretty close to the same time. We saw all aspects of the galley and there was activity in most areas including seeing part of our brunch being prepared. The tour was about 45 minutes and is worth doing once'

Once back to the MDR we were seated for brunch and greeted with unlimited champagne, mimosas and bellinis. Brunch starters included salad, soup and sushi. Entrée choices included Beef Wellington and cheesecake for dessert.

There you have it. two somewhat different impressions. You make the call.

My family and I did this on the Anthem last June, I used to work in restaurants, so I loved it! My family not so much, it was included in our cruise so worth it, if I had to pay for it not so much. Food was just like at the main dinning room breakfast and cheap champagne, like I said I enjoyed it but I dig that stuff!

I just booked lunch at Chops - day 3 for $22.70 CAD. Menu sounds great. Booked the Brunch on board last Jan but ended up cancelling it. Prices seem a bit more than a year ago - think the exchange rate is changed quarterly. Did the First Night Done Right last Sept for $20 CAD - notice it is $25 this Sept cruise.

Thanks for all the feedback. It was very helpful! Hoping to hear from someone who has had the experience on the Allure. I suspect the details vary somewhat from ship to ship.

I did it on allure in April. Like previous posters have stated you get broken into smaller groups. There was 125-150 people total and we were split into groups of 15-20. I was in the last group with two of my friends. We got to see a lot of the galley area - soups, pastry, grill, and there was stuff being prepped the whole time.

When we were done there were people who were finishing eating and some just being sat. They sat us on deck five away from the regular lunch area.

We definitely had bottomless champagne- we finished 2 bottles I think between the two of us girls. The waiters were very attentive. There was a table of apps - including a giant ice bowl with shrimp cocktail. Here’s the menu from that day. IMG_0319.thumb.JPG.c9ba00916f4c38107ff3f1f1bcce14a7.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per the other thread listed, we did it on Grandeur last Aug.

It was nice. The menu was brunch, both breakfast and lunch items. We were drinking mimosas and they were bringing them faster than we were drinking them, so had a number on the table at any time.

We ended up arriving late, so had a private tour. We enjoyed it.

We bought it while waiting to board. It was $25 (US), I don't remember if there was an 18% grat added.