Discount Gift Cards?

bobnfl

Yes, I did the transaction through Princess correctly. It's after it's accepted then I get an email that they won't process it.

I've sent them three separate emails about it with the original confirmation numbers so hopefully someone will answer me. Frustrating! And used two different cards so it wasn't the card, which never sent me an email or text asking about fraud or anything.

I could try sending it to my work email.....

I've sent them three separate emails about it with the original confirmation numbers so hopefully someone will answer me. Frustrating! And used two different cards so it wasn't the card, which never sent me an email or text asking about fraud or anything.

I could try sending it to my work email.....

CALL your credit card. It really sounds as though Princess is getting declined on payment. Amex has 24/7 customer service via the phone. I don't know what other card you used, so they MAY also have 24/7 phone cus. service. Get those answers first.

I tried to purchase 2 $1000 gift cards - after I entered the code only 1 gift card for $60 showed on the order. In order to get 2 $60 gift cards I had to place two separate orders & both orders were done with the same credit card.

CALL your credit card. It really sounds as though Princess is getting declined on payment. Amex has 24/7 customer service via the phone. I don't know what other card you used, so they MAY also have 24/7 phone cus. service. Get those answers first.

I’m thinking so. I did get a text from Capital One (the other card) and I approved it but still no go. This is a lot of work for $60! But it’s still a way for us to get a bit back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking so. I did get a text from Capital One (the other card) and I approved it but still no go. This is a lot of work for $60! But it’s still a way for us to get a bit back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you see my post where it took overnight for me to get my email/digital cards?

Did you see my post where it took overnight for me to get my email/digital cards?

Yes, and thank you for responding. It's just taking a lot longer to get the actual part two response from Princess with the codes. I got them for two of them but all the others have been "we are unable to complete your transaction" email after the initial one stating it went through.

I have emailed them with the transaction codes, etc. My guess is tomorrow when real people are there maybe I will hear somethign but will also check the CC in the morning as well. Frustrating! Some hold somewhere with the CC somewhere!

I saw this today, and want to thank the op. Have a cruise booked for Alaska (Aug) with payment due in June. Used the Mother’s Day promo. for 4, $1000.00 cards. Recieved e-mail conformation immediately with a digital card and bonus to print out and take to TA. and pay for cruise. No problems. Just had to enter same info for each card.

Yes, and thank you for responding. It's just taking a lot longer to get the actual part two response from Princess with the codes. I got them for two of them but all the others have been "we are unable to complete your transaction" email after the initial one stating it went through.

I have emailed them with the transaction codes, etc. My guess is tomorrow when real people are there maybe I will hear somethign but will also check the CC in the morning as well. Frustrating! Some hold somewhere with the CC somewhere!

This is throwing me off. What codes FROM Princess? The codes are on the website. The codes are entered on the website during the checkout process. It is called a Mother's Day special and it's still active on their website.

This is throwing me off. What codes FROM Princess? The codes are on the website. The codes are entered on the website during the checkout process. It is called a Mother's Day special and it's still active on their website.

When you get email confirmation that they got the payment, there is a code with it to ID the transaction.

When you get email confirmation that they got the payment, there is a code with it to ID the transaction.

OK ... the confirmation/receipt # that you enter when you pay down your balance. I think that's what you mean. I haven't applied mine yet because there is too much time between now and final payment. Am still looking for price drops. :)

OK ... the confirmation/receipt # that you enter when you pay down your balance. I think that's what you mean. I haven't applied mine yet because there is too much time between now and final payment. Am still looking for price drops. :)

Actually ... yes, there are confirmation/receipt #s on the emails/digital cards received from Princess.

But each card has its own barcode/card #. I was told by Princess rep that MY cards (I'm not saying ALL of the digital cards) has 3 extra 0s in the front of the actual card number. Just an FYI for others when entering the info.

Just saw discount gift cards on eBay for carnival, does princess ever put gift cards on sale? I have bought & used them on carnival and you can save some money. It would be nice to find some for princess.

I don't know if things have changed, but Ebay did have brick & mortar stores selling on there. My hubby bought me a really nice DSL camera years ago from a store on ebay. It was B & M, located in NY.

Another question - I bought two, at $1000 but it won't let me purchase any more than that. Is there a limit? It shows that they are pending on AMEX so I'm obviously going to watch that close to make sure it's refunded but for these last two I got an email from Princess saying they were unable to complete my order. From what I can see the limit is 5 and I am not at that, and it's not that AMEX put a limit on it either? I might try with a different credit card and see if that makes a difference.

Did it ever work for you? Did you get the # of gift cards you wanted?

Did it ever work for you? Did you get the # of gift cards you wanted?

Nope. I did get it all refunded. I got the two I originally sent through that did go through. Luckily I did email support with the transactions in question and did hear back from them today and they will let me order some more WITH the gift cards since there was proof I was trying to buy them in that time period! Much appreciated that.

It is a toss up to basically pay for cruise a few months earlier than needed (it's in November) but every little bit back as a bonus is a bonus somehow so I think I'll give them a call and take them up on it!

Hope everyone else got what they needed! And, crossing fingers, maybe another AMEX offer in the next few months would be another bonus somehow! Somehow that makes us all go AH HAH. We gotcha. A teeeeensy bit.

Cheers!

Nope. I did get it all refunded. I got the two I originally sent through that did go through. Luckily I did email support with the transactions in question and did hear back from them today and they will let me order some more WITH the gift cards since there was proof I was trying to buy them in that time period! Much appreciated that.

It is a toss up to basically pay for cruise a few months earlier than needed (it's in November) but every little bit back as a bonus is a bonus somehow so I think I'll give them a call and take them up on it!

Hope everyone else got what they needed! And, crossing fingers, maybe another AMEX offer in the next few months would be another bonus somehow! Somehow that makes us all go AH HAH. We gotcha. A teeeeensy bit.

Cheers!

Great to hear you'll get to buy the gift cards with a phone call.

My cruise is in October and my thinking was exactly yours. I did get the Amex offer earlier this year, so $100 off. And like you said, it's only a little bonus $$ ... but I'll put the $35 as OBC. The price of the cruise went down, so I paid a minimal fee for an upgrade to a balcony cabin, solo cruiser. Final payment is still a ways off. If price goes lower, I can hopefully get the lower fare.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Great to hear you'll get to buy the gift cards with a phone call.

My cruise is in October and my thinking was exactly yours. I did get the Amex offer earlier this year, so $100 off. And like you said, it's only a little bonus $$ ... but I'll put the $35 as OBC. The price of the cruise went down, so I paid a minimal fee for an upgrade to a balcony cabin, solo cruiser. Final payment is still a ways off. If price goes lower, I can hopefully get the lower fare.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Same to you, Cruise Gal! Nothing is easy. Bet you can guess what happened when I called.....they are checking it out. I sent them copies of the email I got from Princess stating what I can get. Waiting for that return phone call. Problem is now that I know I can get a bit more off, I HAVE to have it, lol!

Same to you, Cruise Gal! Nothing is easy. Bet you can guess what happened when I called.....they are checking it out. I sent them copies of the email I got from Princess stating what I can get. Waiting for that return phone call. Problem is now that I know I can get a bit more off, I HAVE to have it, lol!

OMG ... what? That's insane. All the best to you and your quest. This SUCKS. I've never heard of it being so hard to get gift cards! I take it the 'special offer' is over?

I understand that. My ex-husb. used to just shake his head ... I would go up & down the grocery aisles to buy the item on the coupon.

I yam what I yam ...

• 2 weeks later...

A $1000.00 gift card sold on eBay a few days ago for $500.00. The seller stated that they had planned to take their mother on a cruise, but she had passed away last January.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

A $1000.00 gift card sold on eBay a few days ago for $500.00. The seller stated that they had planned to take their mother on a cruise, but she had passed away last January.moo

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

Awesome deal for someone. But how do you confirm the validity of a gift card on eBay? I have never tried to purchase one.

• Thanks 1

Awesome deal for someone. But how do you confirm the validity of a gift card on eBay? I have never tried to purchase one.

Paying via Paypal also protects the buyer. If the card is fraudulent or zeroed out, Paypal refunds you right away.

• 2 weeks later...