Usage of OBC question

ZambiniGold

First time cruising on Princess, going to Alaska! Just put down our deposit, and got some OBC based on the current offer. First time having OBC.

Question: can the OBC be used for shore excursion reservations prior to boarding or do I have to wait until we board?

Secondary question: the OBC is for my spouse and I (in our names, not the room). Can the OBC be used for my child’s gratuity?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question: can the OBC be used for shore excursion reservations prior to boarding or do I have to wait until we board?

yes, you can. I noticed i can use my OBC to pay for excursions for my cruise in October. Depending on the OBC and the cost of the tour, you might have to pay for the any additional balances due. Like if the tour is 100 dollars and you only have 75 dollars OBC, you have to pay for the extra 25 dollars

yes, you can. I noticed i can use my OBC to pay for excursions for my cruise in October. Depending on the OBC and the cost of the tour, you might have to pay for the any additional balances due. Like if the tour is 100 dollars and you only have 75 dollars OBC, you have to pay for the extra 25 dollars

Great thanks! How far in advance can you book excursions?

First time cruising on Princess, going to Alaska! Just put down our deposit, and got some OBC based on the current offer. First time having OBC.

Yes, but for this purpose when booking shore excursions on line the program only allows it to be used per person. Your wife's OBC can't be allocated to your shore excursion. Some people have had success using other's OBC by calling Princess.

Secondary question: the OBC is for my spouse and I (in our names, not the room). Can the OBC be used for my child’s gratuity?

Yes. The child's on board account must be linked to her credit card, or all three of you are linked together on the same credit card. The way it works. Each person has their own on board account, and there is a summary account for everyone linked together under the same credit card. OBC is just a credit to these accounts, and accounts with OBC begin with a credit balance. As on board expenses are incurred, including the gratuity, they are netted to each account. You don't specifically spend OBC. Get an account print out on the first or second day and you will see how it works. Simple process.

Thanks!

See above

Great thanks! How far in advance can you book excursions?
Whenever they appear in the Cruise Personalizer. There doesn't seem to be a magic date anymore. Princess gets them there when they do.

When the excursions appear for your cruise you can start booking them.

We have a cruise in December and have already booked 2 excursions for it using OBC. Agree that your OBC can be used for your excursions and your husband's for his.

Since this is your first time on Princess, be sure you check out other ways to obtain OBC (I left some on the table on my first cruise!). If you own 100 or more shares of Carnival Corporation stock, that will give you $100 in OBC. If anyone in your cabin is a veteran or active duty military, that's another $100. Once you have a Captain's Club number, you can refer others to Princess. If they cruise within 2 years of your referral, you and they each get $25 (per person referred).

Depending on how much OBC you actually have you may well find that it is totally consumed by the daily gratuities. All gratuities for the cabin will come from that pool.

Depending on how much OBC you actually have you may well find that it is totally consumed by the daily gratuities. All gratuities for the cabin will come from that pool.

Not exactly. Cabin expenses are pooled with a summary folio when all occupants in the cabin are linked to the same credit or debit card.

Since this is your first time on Princess' date=' be sure you check out other ways to obtain OBC (I left some on the table on my first cruise!). If you own 100 or more shares of Carnival Corporation stock, that will give you $100 in OBC. If anyone in your cabin is a veteran or active duty military, that's another $100. Once you have a Captain's Club number, you can refer others to Princess. If they cruise within 2 years of your referral, you and they each get $25 (per person referred).
No, the Shareholder Benefit depends on the length of the cruise.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Note that if you want to use the OBC to book excursions before the cruise, the excursions are billed to each person's account and only that person's OBC can be used to pay for it; you can't pool the credit together.

Note that if you want to use the OBC to book excursions before the cruise, the excursions are billed to each person's account and only that person's OBC can be used to pay for it; you can't pool the credit together.

But you CAN log in separately and book the excursion from both accounts, using OBC from each.

But you CAN log in separately and book the excursion from both accounts, using OBC from each.

Either way uses the OBC from each to pay for each person's excursion.

The problem is if all the OBC is in one person's account you cannot pay for excursions for both people from that one account unless you call Princess and find an agent who knows how to do it for you.