NCL Pearl - AFT cabin 11156....?'s or neighboring cabins

swtpnk

This a first for us being aft like this cabin..We are pretty much excited to have been able to get it...what should I expect in this area? and how is the view, and balcony?? if an upsell is offered, isn't this a cabin to NOT give up?? thanks for any advice. we dont cruise till Jan 11th.

diane :D

swtpnk, I will be in that cabin in September for a 1-night cruise. I'm big on taking photos of our cabins, so I'll post them as soon as I return. If you'd like me to email them to you, email me at cruise_more_often at yahoo dot com. Please put Cruise Critic in the subject line.

We have a similar cabin down the hall, but on the Jewel, booked for the Caribbean in February. It would be a tough cabin to give up for an upsell, should we be offered one.

We’ve never been in an aft cabin before either…but I’ve read a lot about them…and we’re booked in one on the Jewel a few days after you. Check these threads. I think you’ll find them informative.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=463331&highlight=11156+pearl

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=473595&highlight=11156+pearl

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=387870&highlight=11156+pearl

"Thank you" to 1kycat, Don, and cruise-more-often!!

You people are just wonderful.. thanks for taking the time to reply, and for the threads you sent... i hope others that read this get as much out of it as i have...

and yes i will email you for some pics, cruise, if you dont mind me doing that..... im so excited.. these next 6 months will go sooo slow!!! thats life tho isnt it?? :D

THANKS AGAIN, Diane :)

yes i will email you for some pics, cruise, if you dont mind me doing that..... im so excited.. these next 6 months will go sooo slow!!! thats life tho isnt it?? :D
I don't mind at all, Dianne, because I know just what you're feeling. Our first cruise to the Caribbean will be a month later that yours, and we are so excited we're about to pop!

swtpnk,

Don;t give up aft cabin unless you get a really good upgrade. We had cabin 9670 in Mar. and DH and I just loved it. Very quiet area except for the sounds of the aft waves -left our balcony doors open at night (love that sound). The view is just amazing from your balcony. The one thing that bothered us just a bit was other cruisers trying to look down on our balcony from above. Think they were jealous.:D Hooked on aft cabins!

Have a Great Cruise!

NCL SS Norway Eastern Caribbean Feb. 1995

Imperial Majesty Bahamas Oct. 1999

NCL Sea Texaribbean Oct. 2000

NCL Wind Alaska June,2002

Celebrity Mercury Mexican Riviera Oct. 2005

NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean Mar. 2007

Booked NCL Sun (aft cabin 0065) Western Caribbean Oct. 2007

Booked NCL Mexican Riviera Jan. 2008

This a first for us being aft like this cabin..We are pretty much excited to have been able to get it...what should I expect in this area? and how is the view, and balcony?? if an upsell is offered, isn't this a cabin to NOT give up?? thanks for any advice. we dont cruise till Jan 11th.

diane :D

Take good care of MY cabin ;) I will boarding the Gem for 10 days in Feb cabin 11156. Enjoy. So glad I booked it in July 2006

Maybe for you, too windy for me.:eek:

NCL SS Norway Eastern Caribbean Feb.1995

Imperial Majesty Bahamas Oct.1999

NCL Sea Texaribbean Oct.2000

NCL Wind Alaska June2002

Celebrity Mercury Mexican Riviera Oct.2005

NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean Mar.2007

Booked NCL Sun (aft cabin 0065) Western Caribbean Oct.2007

Booked NCL Mexican Riviera Jan.2008

We had this exact cabin on our Alaska cruise May 27. Do not give it up because the view is fantastic especially if you are viewing the glaciers. You get to so going and coming. Love the aft cabins.

Enjoy

Maybe for you, too windy for me.:eek:

NCL SS Norway Eastern Caribbean Feb.1995

Imperial Majesty Bahamas Oct.1999

NCL Sea Texaribbean Oct.2000

NCL Wind Alaska June2002

Celebrity Mercury Mexican Riviera Oct.2005

NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean Mar.2007

Booked NCL Sun (aft cabin 0065) Western Caribbean Oct.2007

Booked NCL Mexican Riviera Jan.2008

I know the forward balconies are windy, but the aft are too? I thought I'd read that they aren't ... anyone?

Okay so I scewed up, not enough coffee this morning when I posted about wind at the stern-Don't know why I was thinking bow when I was the one posting such great things about stern cabins. So now that I have everyone really confused I"ll stop.

Still new at this posting stuff, but really enjoy all the CC comments.

Thanks for not bashing me!:D

Just LOVE all the CC'er comments... i guess im VERY glad I reserved this cabin last Sept.. THATs when we should have HAD this cabin.. we were in alaska when we booked this!!

but, this will be a 9 day cruise, longer than our normal. so im sure we will enjoy it...are the balconys the same size as regular balcony cabins even tho these are mini suites?? (I THINK thats what it is?):eek:

its okay retiredonthesea, we all understood what you meant... because we have done the same thing, well, I HAVE! hahaha but now, shoreguy, we arent gonna be on the GEM, its the Pearl. im sorryyyyyyyyyy.. but i WILL take good care of the cabin!!! Like a good girl scout, always leave it better than you received it!

shoreguy, are you a TA or something?? i read all your posts and they are sooooo interesting... you are sooooo up on all the information and stuff.. just curious thats all.... thanks!!

everyone is sooo helpful on these boards.. i cant thank each and everyone enough...

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... :D Diane

Diane,

I totally agree about shoreguy...his information on NCL is just priceless. I don't care what he does, but this is really what this website is about. He helps out EVERYONE no matter what the question and just gives the facts. I can't believe that he doesn't work for CruiseCritic...they should hire him!

Diane,

I totally agree about shoreguy...his information on NCL is just priceless. I don't care what he does, but this is really what this website is about. He helps out EVERYONE no matter what the question and just gives the facts. I can't believe that he doesn't work for CruiseCritic...they should hire him!

Yes Rick,

you are correct.. it doesnt matter what shoreguy does, and you are right too, he does need to be hired by CruiseCritic!

(now, now, dont let that go to your head shoreguy) he he he.... :D

diane

Diane,

Cruise Critic could not afford me. I need real money to cruise :D Not a TA but like everything I do I want to know all the details. Believe it or not I am in the IT management side of financial services:eek:

Cruise Critic could not afford me. I need real money to cruise :D Not a TA but like everything I do I want to know all the details. Believe it or not I am in the IT management side of financial services:eek:

If you could snag an IT job with NCL your numerous cruises could be FREE! I think it's the least NCL owes you!:rolleyes:

Jim&Judi:cool:

OK OK OKAYYYYYYYYYY.... I give up... im REALLY feeling stupid here....im soo naive at times... but, here goes. Just what is IT in IT management?? is it International Travel??? I have no clue as to what you are talking about... im hoping others just havent said anything yet, just waiting for someone like ME to pop the question... i hope your not laughing at meeeeeeeee.. lol

smiling naively, Diane :)

We were in cabin 11156 while on the Pearl in February and it was one of the best cabins we've ever had! It is very large on the inside with a spacious sitting area and tons of storage space. The balcony, though no larger than any other cabin, has the best views even while in port. There is also something that is kind of strange about this cabin - it's slightly bigger than the ones on either side. Try punching it into cruisedeckplans and see for yourself. No matter what, though, you'll have a great trip! :D

Archived