Koningsdam - extended verandah 7116

Scrappygrrl

Hi all -

O searched but didn't seen any threads with specific room reviews or analyst of deck plans. From the deck plan, it looks like 7116 - is an extended verandah. Do we have any confirmations of this? I am wondering if there is a trade-off I should be aware of (odd room layout, smaller than usual room?) Thanks so much for any insight you can provide!

The ship has only been doing scheduled sailings for a little over a month now. Given that only a small percentage of cruisers are part of Cruise Critic, that would explain while you haven't seen feedback on every one of the over 1300 cabins on the Koningsdam.

I would trust the deck plan to be reasonably correct, and that it would have a standard lay-out since it is not a sideways cabin or in an odd location.

Edited by jtl513

• 4 months later...

We sailed in Cabin 6143 with the extended balcony...nice space but it makes the room

have a tunnel view to the water and you have to go all the way to the balcony rail to get the full view. The room was not any smaller than the other Veranda Rooms.

We sailed in Cabin 6143 with the extended balcony...nice space but it makes the room

have a tunnel view to the water and you have to go all the way to the balcony rail to get the full view. The room was not any smaller than the other Veranda Rooms.

Thanks you Goldcar! This is exactly the information I was looking for. My cruise is in 49 days, I will post some pictures when I get back.

• 11 months later...

Interested in knowing if you would choose this cabin again and if you liked the extra balcony space. Thanks

Yes! We absolutely loved it! The balcony was great! My only cabin compliant was that it was tight for a family of four. I have become accustomed (on other cruise lines) to the kids beds being the pull out sofa with a bunk above and on this ship with the pull out sofa and a bunk over the main bed. Which meant we smacked our heads every time we got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom!

Yes! We absolutely loved it! The balcony was great! My only cabin compliant was that it was tight for a family of four. I have become accustomed (on other cruise lines) to the kids beds being the pull out sofa with a bunk above and on this ship with the pull out sofa and a bunk over the main bed. Which meant we smacked our heads every time we got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom!

We were a family of four in that cabin last year. For future cruisers, we asked the room steward to make up our bed upside down so we would not have the head bumping problem. Also, the large covered area on the veranda came in very handy when we were packing on the last day. Laid the luggage out there and no room in the cabin was taken up with it.

Thanks for sharing. It will just be my husband and I so no worries about smacking the head! lol

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I have a hold on Koningsdam 7116 for a Mediterranean cruise next May. Anyone have an opinion? thx.

We are booked in 7116 boarding next Sunday bound for Norway. I'll report back here about the cabin. I am optimistically hopeful and looking forward to our trip!

Has anyone sailed in 7107 or 7116?

If you choose 7107 I hope you can report back. We chose 7107 on Niue Statendam for the British Isles cruise next year. We are traveling with friends who decided on a Vista suite for a larger room, but we just couldn't pass up that additional outdoor space. Hopefully the weather cooperates so we can use it a lot!

• 3 months later...

Wanted to circle back after a long break and give a fabulous thumbs up for cabin 7116 on the Koningsdam! The space was great, the balcony was huge, we had wind protection and we had furniture out there including an ottoman. I was very happy with our cabin choice. No noise, no neighbors right across the hallway and easy access to elevators/stairs. Yep, I would vote for this cabin again in a heartbeat on this beautiful ship.

Wanted to circle back after a long break and give a fabulous thumbs up for cabin 7116 on the Koningsdam! The space was great, the balcony was huge, we had wind protection and we had furniture out there including an ottoman. I was very happy with our cabin choice. No noise, no neighbors right across the hallway and easy access to elevators/stairs. Yep, I would vote for this cabin again in a heartbeat on this beautiful ship.

That is great news.