Aft cabins on koningsdam

maureenk

I haven’t been able to find any info on aft cabin balcony size. Usually aft balconies are larger than standard but the deck plans make the acts look nearly identical to a standard balcony. Anyone know? thanks!!

We did a 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise in a Vista Suite, 7194. I don't recall the exact dimensions, but we've had bigger balcony cabins on other ships. While we really enjoy aft cabins, for our 2019 cruise on the Nieuw Statendam we opted to book a hump cabin with a far bigger balcony for a lot less money.

This photo gives some idea of the size of the balcony.

2hn9z6v.jpg

Edited by Fouremco

We were in cabin 5198 and the balcony was approx. 6' deep and 10' wide. I do not know the size of a standard balcony on the Koningsdam.

Where did you cruise when you had that cabin? What did you think about having an aft cabin? Positives? Negatives?

Where did you cruise when you had that cabin? What did you think about having an aft cabin? Positives? Negatives?

We cruised the Caribbean. We did like the aft cabin. Positives besides the view, it was easy to go to dining rooms, less foot traffic outside your door, although I think the best part for us was that it wasn't as windy as a side balcony. So we could sit and read even when not in a port. Negatives were the view in port might not be great, looking at another ship, also you have a walk to get to the entertainment and on one ship (not Koningsdam) some one was smoking on a balcony, maybe they thought no one would notice on the aft? Of course several people (including us) did notice and complained, it took a day or two to get them to stop.

We cruised the Caribbean. We did like the aft cabin. Positives besides the view, it was easy to go to dining rooms, less foot traffic outside your door, although I think the best part for us was that it wasn't as windy as a side balcony. So we could sit and read even when not in a port. Negatives were the view in port might not be great, looking at another ship, also you have a walk to get to the entertainment and on one ship (not Koningsdam) some one was smoking on a balcony, maybe they thought no one would notice on the aft? Of course several people (including us) did notice and complained, it took a day or two to get them to stop.

Thanks! We are sailing Norway and hope the aft view will really be appreciated in the fjords. I’ve read that the room set up isn’t to some folks liking....the bed by the balcony. Was it that way for you? We’re the same deck as you were but on the other side.

Here are a few pics and dims of our aft on Koningsdam.

http://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4221-koningsdam/

The cabin itself was ok, but we were not keen on the aft location. Seemed like there was a bit of a 'speed wobble' in the cabin once the ship was underway. Movement seemed up and down and side to side all at the same time.

We were in 7194 on the Koningsdam as well! We were on a Norway cruise and it was wonderful to be on the balcony during sail in/out of the fjords. The only time we felt motion, everyone else was feeling motion as well on the North Sea. We liked the room and had ample room to store our things. The shower is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the help! We have booked a hump cabin and I think I’ll stick with that as 4 of us will be sharing the balcony. We have 1 balcony and 1 inside. The aft balcony looks like std size but the hump balconies are much larger. Appreciate the time to reply and to post photos!!!