Today Tonight thrown off Peach Sunset cruise

chaz cruiser

Hi Everyone,

Just read the below news story about a covert Today Tonight filming crew being thrown off the Star in Vila from the Peach Sunsets cruise. Can't wait to hear all about it from our friends who are onboard at the moment.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20667740-2,00.html

I'm glad they threw them off!! I would be really p#*#*ed of if they were filming me without my permission!!

I have been on 6 cruises and only had trouble once when a football team was kicked off before the boat left on a three night cruise to nowhere (which are reknowned for party cruises) I know what happened in the past is disgusting, but I am in the "law enforcment" industry and had many chats with security on board our cruise on tha Sun in March and they were doing a damn great job!! My daughter, aged 15 was told to leave area's she was not allowed many times, (when she had come looking for me!!)some drunken youths who were having a bit of fun were asked to leave the dance floor by security.

May I suggest the "Today/Tonight team come visit our local pub and disco on Friday and Saturday nights during holiday season for some underage drinking, drugs, breaches of Responsible Service of Acohol, urinating in the street and violence at about 4am in the morning when they are all kicked out of the licensed premises!!!!

Cheryl

I'm glad they threw them off!! I would be really p#*#*ed of if they were filming me without my permission!!

I have been on 6 cruises and only had trouble once when a football team was kicked off before the boat left on a three night cruise to nowhere (which are reknowned for party cruises) I know what happened in the past is disgusting, but I am in the "law enforcment" industry and had many chats with security on board our cruise on tha Sun in March and they were doing a damn great job!! My daughter, aged 15 was told to leave area's she was not allowed many times, (when she had come looking for me!!)some drunken youths who were having a bit of fun were asked to leave the dance floor by security.

May I suggest the "Today/Tonight team come visit our local pub and disco on Friday and Saturday nights during holiday season for some underage drinking, drugs, breaches of Responsible Service of Acohol, urinating in the street and violence at about 4am in the morning when they are all kicked out of the licensed premises!!!!

Cheryl

WELL SAID CHERYL!!!

Cheryl

WELL SAID CHERYL!!!

This is typical behaviour of the trash media reports we all have to put up with. The underhanded, unethical and unprofessional way that the media have to get some headlines for TV and Radio is a disgrace.

I know the Brimble case did happen on board a cruise ship, but this could have happened in any town/city any night of the week, and for the media to continue to try and catch cruise ship operators out in this sneaky way, to me is just totally unwarranted.

Roland

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2007 Pacific Star (August from Brisbane R729 already booked):)

The incident earlier in the year that was mentioned was actually on our cruise in Pacific Star in March, so very pleased to hear that they were finally caught up with.

I suspect TT will come out fighting over this - they won't like that they were caught out.

thanks chaz cruiser... I agree with everyone about this.

what right do the tv networks have invading ones privacy.!!!. to get a story.

I have been on 38 P&O cruises, and not one, have I had a problem.

security has been tightened , but they do a great job.

it seems nomatter what P&O (Carnival) do to better things for passengers , the press will want to find something else wrong.

I will continue to cruise P&O.

kindest regards, Lorraine

What a waste of everyone's time! Why can they not present the real current affair of cruising becoming a more and more popular holiday choice for families and couples alike?

I guess there is a market of close minded, whinging and negative viewers who enjoy being 'informed' by such sensationalist trash, otherwise the show would be pulled off the air.

I can just see Naomi now "Whilst filming our story about the disgraceful behaviour of the passengers on P&O our film crew were disembarked in Vila to silence the media about what really goes on aboard these ships....yadda yadda yadda"

I really wish Naomi would go out and get a real job, one that would give her back her self respect and dignity. If I were being filmed whilst trying to enjoy my holiday I would be furious. What gives them the right??

I agree with a prvious poster on this thread (sorry forgot to get your name before posting) who said that any pub, club etc would see much worsebehaviour on any given night. Give P&O a break. PLEASE.

Just my 2cents worth (maybe I've given about 50cents worth!!!

Why is it not suprising that its Today Tonight doing this and not A Current Affair who obviously has much better things to do.

They could film this cruise and not find anything of substance and then throw in something they got from 2-3 years ago like a scuffle or something for example and play mind games with viewers mixing it into the current day one saying 'as you can see, its still bad today on these cruises, even after everything thats happened'.

Get a life man, seriously, the kind of behaviour and stuff you would see in nightclubs and pubs around Australia would be ten fold worse over what happens on there. I could go for a drive even on a monday night around Sydney and find them an instant story or two about "anti social behaviour".

Whats bad is that for example if they film a guy and girl in a nightclub connecting, u know after a drink, they have a dance and then maybe if they go back to the room for whatever interests they both have, could be just to talk quietly, imagine u were one of those people, u would be looked at like ohh look how trashy you are on NATIONAL TV, just because u got a long with somebody. It would be even worse if a group of guys and girls leave a bar or club together, the camera crews eyes would light up.

on TT they did an expose on insurance scams. People who had made claims then were filmed working or doing backflips. Any one notice the date on those clips, some were from 2002, not exactly recent news!!And they were trying to interview them

on TT they did an expose on insurance scams. People who had made claims then were filmed working or doing backflips. Any one notice the date on those clips, some were from 2002, not exactly recent news!!And they were trying to interview them

Funny, ACA had exactly the same story.

The captain got a round of applause when he announced he had thrown them off.

Having a ball, lots of photos to share. Have copies of witchipoos etcs photos. Still haven't met Kinka :(. Secretly wondering if she knows who we are and not wanting to be associated. The 3 groups that have met up are very well known around the tracks.

Will start writing on Saturday night.

Bye everyone

ADF and KeepC.

"Our crew thrown off by P&O, what they didn't want us to show you".....

"Tomorrow night on Today Tonight, the story P&O didn't want us to bring you"... or words to that effect.

"They confiscated our tapes, but we made copies"

Just some of the lines from Her Smugness Msss Robson, describing the story that will be shown tomorrow night, accompanied by footage of a man "stripping off" (read, getting ready to go in the pool - with bathers on), and of a girl asking for a fruit tingle at one of the bars. Looks like there'll be an interview with the TT person who got kicked off.

Here is Naomi at her best. Enjoy

I agree! that was great. How many times did she say B.S.? We all know where the B.S. is and that is Naomi! :mad:

I see they are are running another story on P&O (according to the promos). Wonder if they'll mention the idiot reporter thrown off the ship?

Can anyone copy portions of the show and post it for the Kiwis and CC posters from other parts of the world?

Archived