Royal Math?

Can someone explain to me Royal math

JS on Oasis for Nov 18 listed at &1,124 plus $111 taxes and fees $1,235 ($2,470 total)

Get to select a room page and JS is now $1,272 plus $111 taxes and fees $1,383 ($2,767 total)

Subtracting the OBC of $250 or free gratuities doesn't get me the original price, what gives?

Thanks

Dave

JS on Oasis for Nov 18 listed at &1,124 plus $111 taxes and fees $1,235 ($2,470 total)

Get to select a room page and JS is now $1,272 plus $111 taxes and fees $1,383 ($2,767 total)

Subtracting the OBC of $250 or free gratuities doesn't get me the original price, what gives?

Thanks

Dave

I’ve found that the first price that you see only updates once or twice a day. If they make changes to the price during the day the new price is not reflected until later in the booking.

They are asking why the first price that they see for a cabin on the website isn’t the same once they go through the booking process and actually select a cabin.

OK, I thought they was a guarantee involved. Thanks Ken.

Thanks

Dave

what are these fees for. $1235 to $1383 seem to be a lot to me

Thanks

Dave

This sometimes happens due to price changes that occur right around the time you are booking the cruise. However, before assuming that, you should make sure that you did not try to select a room with a refundable deposit. The first price that shows is always the non-refundable deposit price. If you select a refundable deposit, the price could easily jump by the $148 per person that you saw.

It could also be the room you selected/were assignds is a different category...ie J3 vs J4. We're in a J3 JS on Rhapsody in December, and it's about $350 more than a J4.

When you choose your location it usually shows above the cabin price +$ for certain locations/ deck or it says included in the price.

Sorry for lack of information. This is during the booking process. The original lowest rate is from the cruise selection page. The rate changes at the select category page. I’m selecting a choose your own room for a J4 with a non refundable deposit. There was no refundable deposit option. I originally thought the increase included fees and taxes. So basically a $148 change from one page to another.

Another cruise listed $1,025 for JS but then only choice was $1,600 something so I knew that JS wasn’t available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry for lack of information. This is during the booking process. The original lowest rate is from the cruise selection page. The rate changes at the select category page. I’m selecting a choose your own room for a J4 with a non refundable deposit. There was no refundable deposit option. I originally thought the increase included fees and taxes. So basically a $148 change from one page to another.

Another cruise listed $1,025 for JS but then only choice was $1,600 something so I knew that JS wasn’t available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

See post 3. It’s nothing to do with math and everything to do with a screwed up website that does not keep real time data of available inventory to update all of the various pages that show pricing.

When you choose your location it usually shows above the cabin price +$ for certain locations/ deck or it says included in the price.

Yes. And sometimes they show rooms available that actually aren’t. It could be that the cheaper price is one category that’s not actually available, and when you go to book, it’s showing the more expensive one since it’s the one that is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could also be that the original price that you see is for multiple cruise dates, i.e. the lowest price for one of several cruises with the same itinerary. When you drill down and see the actual price for your specific date, it could be higher.