P&O hanging onto my money.

Mothballs

My husband and I had booked a cruise on the Pacific Sun departing from Fremantle,Feb 2011 which was cancelled.I received the letter stating this on the 16th October.The cruise was officially cancelled 6th of this month.I rang P&O regarding my deposit and I was told they are working through the refunds.Does anyone have experience of how long it takes P&O to return deposits?

My husband and I had booked a cruise on the Pacific Sun departing from Fremantle,Feb 2011 which was cancelled.I received the letter stating this on the 16th October.The cruise was officially cancelled 6th of this month.I rang P&O regarding my deposit and I was told they are working through the refunds.Does anyone have experience of how long it takes P&O to return deposits?

I think I would ring the quite often maybe every couple of days. I dont think they should hold onto your money for that long. That is if u booked thru P & O otherwise harass ur agent

Icy

So if I book a P&O cruise and pay for it, the money disappears out of my account faster than a dark star can suck up light, but if P&O cancel said same cruise it takes them more than 6 weeks to figure out how to cough up the money? What are they running, a pyramid scheme?

So if I book a P&O cruise and pay for it, the money disappears out of my account faster than a dark star can suck up light, but if P&O cancel said same cruise it takes them more than 6 weeks to figure out how to cough up the money? What are they running, a pyramid scheme?

It's disgraceful but in my experianece, that happens with any company.

I pay my bills weekly and am often in credit. About 18 months ago we were broken into and my mobile phone was taken and I had to ring up to cancel the account (I was no longer under contract). I was about $40 in credit. I got a new phone & went with a different company. In the meantime I kept ringing the old company about my $40. It took them nearly 6 months to return it and when I pointed out to them that if it took me that long to pay my bill my phone would be disconnected, she just said....yeah, that's right:rolleyes::confused::mad:. Not only were they not returning my money but they were still charging me a minimum monthly fee............on an account that had been cancelled.

I pay my bills weekly and am often in credit. About 18 months ago we were broken into and my mobile phone was taken and I had to ring up to cancel the account (I was no longer under contract). I was about $40 in credit. I got a new phone & went with a different company. In the meantime I kept ringing the old company about my $40. It took them nearly 6 months to return it and when I pointed out to them that if it took me that long to pay my bill my phone would be disconnected, she just said....yeah, that's right:rolleyes::confused::mad:. Not only were they not returning my money but they were still charging me a minimum monthly fee............on an account that had been cancelled.

Oh my god, I think I would have reached into the phone and strangled her! What a purveyor of milk products!

Sorry OT here but last sunday we went to get a new phone for son. When I saw the plan prices I decided to get a new one too.

So, a credit check is in order. The salesman puts son's details in first, a 19 year old student, never worked , no credit card, nothing. Ok, he is fine and away he goes.

next, he puts my details in, we own our home outright, have one credit card, no debt and I work 2 days a week and had phone plans before. (son's old phone was in my name)

Well,would you believe it, I was knocked back by 3 because I only work part time. I said what if I didn't work, he said lets try and just put those details in, Well I was accepted!!!!

So if you are a student with nothing behind you or female unemployed, you stand more chance of getting a phone than someone who works part time.

This mind you were for $19 plans.

Strange but very true.

Sorry OT here but last sunday we went to get a new phone for son. When I saw the plan prices I decided to get a new one too.

So, a credit check is in order. The salesman puts son's details in first, a 19 year old student, never worked , no credit card, nothing. Ok, he is fine and away he goes.

next, he puts my details in, we own our home outright, have one credit card, no debt and I work 2 days a week and had phone plans before. (son's old phone was in my name)

Well,would you believe it, I was knocked back by 3 because I only work part time. I said what if I didn't work, he said lets try and just put those details in, Well I was accepted!!!!

So if you are a student with nothing behind you or female unemployed, you stand more chance of getting a phone than someone who works part time.

Strange but very true.

Something very very very wrong with that. This is why so many young people end up with bad credit ratings due to huge mobile phone bills. In my house we all own our mobiles and only have pre-paid, no nasty surprises.

Strange but very true.

OMG what is this world coming to??:eek:

After numerous phone calls my refund cheque arrived today,6 weeks,6 days after notification that the cruise had been cancelled.Too long in my opinion.

Thats way tooooo long. I recently cancelled a cruise i had booked thru an internet ta. They advised it could take upto 21days to receive the refund cheque - nice surprise when it was in the mailbox 9days later.

After numerous phone calls my refund cheque arrived today,6 weeks,6 days after notification that the cruise had been cancelled.Too long in my opinion.

I'm at 6 weeks since notification now, so it will probably be about the same time before I get my refund. I agree that it's too long for something that they made the decision on, and even had time to prepare for.

I hope you didnt pay that monthly fee :mad:

I was a smart a#%*# with a phone company that owed me a whole $11.00 & it took months to refund it..I sent emails stating that i was charging them a late fee of $10.00 for not paying me on time...so the total owing to me was now $21.00...i got my $11.00 refund within days ;)

In my case it wasn't the $$$ so much but the principle of it all..and I'd be p'd off with P & O if I had to wait forever for my deposit back.

On the cruise we are going on in 4 days time, :D I originally booked it through P & O, but found a better deal and a balcony cabin, (P & O said they didn't have any left). I rang P & O, even told them what I was doing, they sent me the refund within the week and I booked through the online travel agent. No problem whatsoever. It may be due to the fact that they had so many to process, with the original cruise being cancelled.

Archived