Are the cabins smaller with an extended balcony

#1PATSFAN

We are considering switching ships due to the outrageous cost of airfare during Feb school vacation week to the Pride we can drive to Baltimore and save $1500.00.

My question is we would like to book a balcony cabin and there aren't many left on the Feb 19th sailing the one I'm interested in is 8208 which is an under the lido dining area. Any thoughts on this cabin?

The other cabin is FWD on the corner of the hump 7152 I tend to get a little sea sick and was wondering if being FWD would affect that?

Also could anyone tell me if the cabin is smaller with an extended balcony cabin 7160?

We have 3 ppl to a cabin, thanks for your imput I appreciate the help :)

It would be helpful if we knew the line and ship you were thinking about. I'm thinking you mean Carnival since you use the words "aft extended" and they use that designation?

But I can answer with respect to the Carnival cruises and the RCCL cruise we've done - the aft balconies are larger. The rooms are the same size as the other balcony rooms.

Other than that, I would need to know the specific ship to see if I can help.

Personally though, we love the aft balconies. My DH will not schedule the cruise unless he can get one. To me the size of the balcony is more important than the room.

The poster said they're on the Pride...Carnival..

I wouldn't want to be as far forward as 7152, if motion is an issue.

I can't imagine being below the dining room would be noisy...it's carpeted and not open during sleeping hours.

The cabins will be the same size...only the balcony may be different.

Carnival upgraded us once to a lovely balcony under the lido buffet. We were woken EVERY night a 4 am for several hours while they cleaned. Complaints were ignored by the purser, security, hotel manager, and anybody we spoke to about the noise. This was my last Carnival cruise. But I did learn to take ear plugs on every cruise, just in case.

Archived