Has any one done this in Belize

toxicfairy

Bacab Eco Adventure Park Escape. Was looking at this as we do not know what the weather will be (we have been to Mexico in Feb several times it seems to be hit or miss and I figure Belize will be the same). If you have done this ship excursion are the things to do in the park very expensive?? Horse back riding?? Food and drinks?? Thank you in advance for any info.

We will be in the Liberty alos does any one know who is playing the piano in the bar?? Love going to the "piano bar".

I believe that was the place we went to in Belize. We did the kayaking in the rain forest, lunch, and hanging at the pool trip in December 2011.

I have heard before on the boards that Belize is a spot in which you want to be with an organized tour and I have to say I agree. You will be tendered to a small clean village spot where there isn't much but shopping and a beer stand of sorts. All of the excursions leave from there. We had a bus tour through the city which was narrated. The drive to the park took 30-40 minutes. The kayak trip was great (we saw a small alligator in the lagoon!) The leaders point out interesting animals and vegetation along the way. After the kayak trip they provided a belizian buffet (included in the price). Drinks were available and not that expensive if I remember right. We then hung out by the pool until it was time to leave.

Our family certainly enjoyed the adventure, would probably do it again.

Hope this helps,

Kathy

There were a number of excursions that originated from the adventure park. There was horseback riding if I remember right. This is really not a port in which you will want to get out and explore on your own (IMHO).

I think there is an excursion that takes you to a small island off the coast which is supposed to be nice. Would probably look into that if we go again.

Kathy

I guess it all depends what you are looking for, we did this and we were kind of disappointed.

Meeting the tour was a PITA, the woman organizing it wouldn't give us a straight answer where we should wait and was pretty short with us. The ride out though was OK, save for the broken A/C on the tour bus. I know it's to be expected but it was REALLY humid! The park wasn't nearly as lush as I was expecting it to be from the descriptions, I know it's technically winter but there were very few flowers to be seen. The butterfly garden wasn't so great (they claim to have just lost all of their butterflies to an ant invasion, not sure if that's true or not) and the boardwalk was pretty flimsy walking for those that aren't so swift on their feet. I saw a lot of elderly people having issues with it and it wasn't advertised as being a bit of a tricky walk.

The pool though I have to say is pretty amazing. It's a gorgeous pool with a waterslide and waterfall. The food was pretty good and the drinks were fairly cheap. However our waitress was having problems ringing us out and kept coming back for more money and would keep swiping the credit card, just got home today so will have to check up on that one to make sure it's OK.

We just did the park but they appeared to have biking, kayaking and horseback riding. It seemed that if you did any of the other things they didn't have much time to enjoy the pool.

If you go IMHO I'd skip the butterfly house and just sit by the pool and enjoy. Take bug spray though, I got bit like crazy.

Oh and if you don't like snakes I'd possibly avoid it, they have a boa constrictor they bring out and while they said it was "just caught" I have a feeling that he's a resident there they bring out to show people every day. Some people were NOT excited about this one lol

Thank you all! I was wondering about the bug spray since it is only February ...guess I will pack it and take it with me ! Thank you for the warning !! I am one of those people who get chewed up bad when no one else gets bit at all!

Edited by toxicfairy

Thank you all! I was wondering about the bug spray since it is only February ...guess I will pack it and take it with me ! Thank you for the warning !! I am one of those people who get chewed up bad when no one else gets bit at all!

Hi Toxic

Definitly take insect repellant! Get a DET tropical strenghth. It's not the maleria that gets you - those mossies are mornings and evenings - it's the Dengy Fever ones which are out ALL DAY. Wear light coloured clothing (not Blue - they like that) and long sleeves and long lightweight trousers - spray your ankles!

Gerry

• 2 years later...
I guess it all depends what you are looking for, we did this and we were kind of disappointed.

Meeting the tour was a PITA, the woman organizing it wouldn't give us a straight answer where we should wait and was pretty short with us. The ride out though was OK, save for the broken A/C on the tour bus. I know it's to be expected but it was REALLY humid! The park wasn't nearly as lush as I was expecting it to be from the descriptions, I know it's technically winter but there were very few flowers to be seen. The butterfly garden wasn't so great (they claim to have just lost all of their butterflies to an ant invasion, not sure if that's true or not) and the boardwalk was pretty flimsy walking for those that aren't so swift on their feet. I saw a lot of elderly people having issues with it and it wasn't advertised as being a bit of a tricky walk.

The pool though I have to say is pretty amazing. It's a gorgeous pool with a waterslide and waterfall. The food was pretty good and the drinks were fairly cheap. However our waitress was having problems ringing us out and kept coming back for more money and would keep swiping the credit card, just got home today so will have to check up on that one to make sure it's OK.

We just did the park but they appeared to have biking, kayaking and horseback riding. It seemed that if you did any of the other things they didn't have much time to enjoy the pool.

If you go IMHO I'd skip the butterfly house and just sit by the pool and enjoy. Take bug spray though, I got bit like crazy.

Oh and if you don't like snakes I'd possibly avoid it, they have a boa constrictor they bring out and while they said it was "just caught" I have a feeling that he's a resident there they bring out to show people every day. Some people were NOT excited about this one lol

Tell me more about once you get off the bus, the walk to the pool? How far is it, is it paved or what? We have a person who broke ankle a year ago & still having some problems. TIA