Furture cruise credits

twocats

We are planning to purchase two FCC for a 2019 cruise. Since we decided this, we have a couple of relatives that want to cruise with us for their first time. Is it possible for us to purchase two more and use them for our relatives? We would be planning our cruise so we can be in adjacent cabins but different credit accounts.

We are planning to purchase two FCC for a 2019 cruise. Since we decided this, we have a couple of relatives that want to cruise with us for their first time. Is it possible for us to purchase two more and use them for our relatives? We would be planning our cruise so we can be in adjacent cabins but different credit accounts.

Only passengers on a cruise can purchase FCDs so you couldn’t purchase them for your relatives.

We were able to buy Future Cruise Deposits for our family members who will be sailing with us to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. This was last December on the Sun Princess. The policy had just come down from headquarters. The only stipulation is they must have sailed with Princess before. Eight of the ten of them HAD sailed so we bought theirs, the other two were children who will be booked in the parent's mini-suite. Ask your Future Cruise Sales person on your cruise and see what they say. If they say no, tell them to call California and ask because it has been done before!

It might be easier to do if you have their Captain's Circle numbers with you, although we didn't. He looked them up by name, address, etc.

Sorry, I just re-read your post and see the relatives are first time cruisers. So I guess this won't work for you. However, others may be interested in the above information.

Not about cruise credits but if they are new cruisers to Princess you do a referral for them and both of you get a referral bonus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If you do this, it needs to be done completely before they book. I started one for my sister who didn't finish it before booking. She did not get the OBC.

We were able to buy Future Cruise Deposits for our family members who will be sailing with us to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. This was last December on the Sun Princess. The policy had just come down from headquarters. The only stipulation is they must have sailed with Princess before. Eight of the ten of them HAD sailed so we bought theirs, the other two were children who will be booked in the parent's mini-suite. Ask your Future Cruise Sales person on your cruise and see what they say. If they say no, tell them to call California and ask because it has been done before!

It might be easier to do if you have their Captain's Circle numbers with you, although we didn't. He looked them up by name, address, etc.

Sorry, I just re-read your post and see the relatives are first time cruisers. So I guess this won't work for you. However, others may be interested in the above information.

Appreciate sharing the updated information about this policy change...thanks.

The program St.LouisCruisers is referring to is called the Welcome Home program. The OBC offering is different from the usual FCDs, and technically there is a 60 day post cruise time limit for purchase.

Reading a link previously posted for the Welcome Home program which has been available for several years it states it’s for “passengers who have just returned home from their cruise” but nothing about being able to purchase FCDs for anyone else.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/Post_FCD_Final.pdf

She wrote that she purchased them on the Sun Princess” and not post-cruise so based on her experience purchasing FCDs for people not on a cruise is now an option for people who have previously sailed Princess.

Although with so many inconsistencies, I don’t know if this was a test on the Sun last December or an actual fleetwide policy change.

Edited by Astro Flyer

So, since your sailing seems to be off into the future, and I see you live not,too far from the pier, I would ask if those relatives wanting to sail with you also live nearby? If so, are you and are they at all interested in going over for a BVE before the cruise. They can apply the $39 that they paid for the BVE against the cost of their sailing and can even but some future cruise deposits while onboard. Sounds like a win win if the Concord I am thinking of is the one that is just east of San Francisco.

Ps ... since it is their first time on princess, be sure to refer them if they future cruise deposit. Thye will each get $25 and you, are the one that referred them will also get $25 for each referral. That’s probably just as good as what they would get for obc if using a FCD .... maybe better depending on the room type.

Edited by Cruise Raider

Can you purchase an FCD if you're doing the Bon Voyage Experience (BVE)? I thought you could, but don't remember if that's true or not. Hopefully, someone else will know for sure. If so, that could solve your problem if the other couple is close to a port that offers it.

Cruise Raider, you type faster than me lol. Thanks for answering my question about buying an FCD while on the BVE. I hope it work out for the original poster.

:D:D:D

And if not the FCD, they can still get $100 between the two of them using the referral. But, I love the idea of getting a nice lunch out in the City for basically no charge other than the transportation of getting there.

Plus, the one doing the referral can use their FCD and then stack their referral credits to their obc ... or give it to their friends and wouldn't be out anything. If the OP's friends use an FCD, they cannot also get the referral credits.

Normally our FCD come as an email. A few times lately the fine print had an offer to add friends and family for an additional $100 each. Haven't done it, but have seen it. Have also gotten emails asking if I wanted to buy more FCD after the cruise.

The program St.LouisCruisers is referring to is called the Welcome Home program. The OBC offering is different from the usual FCDs, and technically there is a 60 day post cruise time limit for purchase.

No, not the Welcome Home Program. It was FCD's purchased while on the Sun Princess from the Future Cruise Sales person. We purchased for eight family members who had cruised with Princess before, and then we booked the family cruise for everyone using those FCD's. They get the same onboard credit we do for using our own FCD's. They had the same 2 year cancellation, too.

Reading a link previously posted for the Welcome Home program which has been available for several years it states it’s for “passengers who have just returned home from their cruise” but nothing about being able to purchase FCDs for anyone else.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/Post_FCD_Final.pdf

She wrote that she purchased them on the Sun Princess” and not post-cruise so based on her experience purchasing FCDs for people not on a cruise is now an option for people who have previously sailed Princess.

Although with so many inconsistencies, I don’t know if this was a test on the Sun last December or an actual fleetwide policy change.

I haven't heard anybody discussing buying them on Cruise Critic, but the Future Cruise Sales person said he had just gotten the okay that week while on a conference call to headquarters, before we even asked him about it. We were very surprised! Maybe someone on a Princess ship can ask about it and report back to us. I hope it wasn't just for the Sun Princess. There really are a lot of inconsistencies with the cruise lines, it seems, just as you said.

We were able to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit for our son (who was NOT traveling with us, but who has cruised on Princess before) when we were on the Princess last December. We were also told this policy had just been instituted the week before our sailing. Our son used it for a cruise he took this May to Alaska!

We were able to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit for our son (who was NOT traveling with us, but who has cruised on Princess before) when we were on the Princess last December. We were also told this policy had just been instituted the week before our sailing. Our son used it for a cruise he took this May to Alaska!

Well, there you go! See, I'm not crazy!

On our January 2018, we purchased FCC for two of our teenage daughters who had never cruised before. The received the same OBC for the November 2018 cruise as if they had cruised previously. Not sure whether actually booking our November cruise on the ship with the Future Cruise Consultant made the difference. It doesn't hurt to ask when you are onboard.

Maybe Princess realized that allowed FCCs to be bought this way actually increases cruise sales.

Don't know if it has changed, but on Royal Caribbean you could buy an FCC and give it to anyone you want to if you did not want to use it yourself.

You can now purchase FCC for people not on the cruise. I purchased 1 for a friend a few weeks ago. The change was made months ago fleet wide.

You could do this also when FCC first came out many years ago and then stopped.