Catching a flight after our cruise on the Seaside out of Miami.

pjwtrouble

Checking to see what peoples experience is on getting into the Miami airport after getting off the MSC seaside. In the past with NCL and self disembark we would get to the airport at 8. Thinking about booking our flight at 10:45 as the next one isn't until 2:45. Please share your experience with me. Does MSC offer self disembark? We do have the Aurea package and I believe that offers priority disembark.

Getting excited!!!

Edited by pjwtrouble
Change wording

If you are up really early and ready to walk everything off you should be ok. We were Aurea in March and left our cabin around 7:15 and the line was HUGE. There is not priority for Aurea. We've never seen a disembarkation line like it. It probably took the best part of an hour to get off so you would want to be among the first. Lots of cabs outside.

You'd want to line up extra early to get off the boat on time. Remember that you still have to go through customs before you can leave, and that in itself took us about an hour to get through. Better safe than sorry to take the later flight.

Checking to see what peoples experience is on getting into the Miami airport after getting off the MSC seaside. In the past with NCL and self disembark we would get to the airport at 8. Thinking about booking our flight at 10:45 as the next one isn't until 2:45. Please share your experience with me. Does MSC offer self disembark? We do have the Aurea package and I believe that offers priority disembark.

Getting excited!!!

We are usually outside by 7 am so barring any delays you should be fine. The biggest problem is the Miami airport which is huge and it's like a zoo. We have made a 927 flight.

We took a cruise with Seaside in May. We self-disembark and went to the line around 7 am. It was already long (up to chocolate shop) and moving slowly. We were out of the terminal before 7:30 am. We took the bus waiting outside of the terminal and left around 7:50 am. We were at MIA at 8:10 (at the American Airlines luggage drop-off).

We have checked-in online but have to drop our bags at the counter. We were at the airline counter by 8:30 am.

If you are out of the cruise terminal by 7:30 am, you can catch your flight at 10:45 am. There are many transportation option from cruise terminal to MIA.