rental car

HOSKI

Who has used a rental car in NOLA? We are staying 2 nights post-cruise and will need an agency that picks up at the pier or is walking distance and that we can drop at the airport. Found some but still looking for good pricing.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Depending on what you plan on doing with your two days in New Orleans you may not want a rental car. If you are staying in the city parking is very expensive and hard to find and traffic is terrible. The French Quarter and the Garden District, via the St Charles trolly, are both very walkable places as is the riverwalk area. There are a variety of tour companies that can take you to the plantations outside of town for a half or full day tour. When we go to New Orleans we have already stayed in or very near the Quarter and parked the car for whole visit.

Anyway that my two cents on driving in New Orleans.

Have a great cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib

Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib

HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib

Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib

HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal

RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib

Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib

HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib

Golden Princess 07/03 Med

Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib

HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada

We are staying out a ways because we have a little one and also my husband thinks we have time to go exploring elsewhere in two days. I tried to go for downtown and no rental but we are doing it his way.

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

Fulton St. Garage/Hertz Rental is located a little less than 3 blocks from the pier. They have a complimentary shuttle from the pier to there. You could rent the car there and then turn it in at the airport.

If you use Hertz, your husband could take the shuttle, get the car, and come back for you and the little one. That way, you wouldn't have to deal with all the luggage on the shuttle.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Cotton

You are so sweet. I knew you'd have the answer. Did you come up with any ideas on the gift delivery places yet?

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

Hi, Hoski:

Cotton is right. Hertz is your best bet. I am e-mailing from my hotel in New Orleans right now (free High speed internet). This has been a fantastic first day in Nawlins for us. We rented a Hertz full-size car yesterday (with Costco discount and an upgrade to mini SUV) we are paying $19.99 per day (exclud. taxes & etc) This is convenient and a good deal for us because there are 4 adults and 1 child (plus a ton of luggage). We were at the first day of French Quarter Festival today. Parked at a lot on North Rampart, about 3 short blocks from Bourbon Street, on the edge of the French Quarter (okay in the daylight, but pretty empty in the evening) for $10 all day. (They charge $5 all day on the weekday).

We will be renting again post-cruise. Post more questions and I will try to help with replies after our post-cruise experience.

We can't wait to board the Conquest on Sunday.

Cynthia

Cynthia

How did you contact Hertz for the rental? I have been going thru the online and haven't gotten a price nearly as good. I am not a Costco member (we don't have them here) but I do have AAA and Sam's club.

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

Hi again Hoski. About the deliveries, I couldn't find that post again, so couldn't answer you. Frustrating to lose a thread. icon_wink.gif Anyhoo, I contacted both of the places I was thinking of, and neither deliver to the cruise ships any longer. They both said they had made deliveries that never ended up in correct cabins, so they just quit. Sorry. I tried.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Thanks Cotton, I got one to deliver the birthday basket and soda but no adult beverages.

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

• 2 weeks later...

Basket company who said they would take care of daughter's basket and my soda has not gotten back to me so now I'm scared to deal with them.

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Archived