Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Hi Skier - Wondering if you have any information on Cabin 9219 on the Divinia? Thanks!

9219 is a standard balcony cabin of 192 sq ft ( 168 living ; 24 bathroom) and a 42 sq ft balcony.

It is however in the rearmost , and narrowest recessed area which will limit the field of view somewhat, and the view downwards will be the top of a life boat, but that is not too much of a problem (it's more of a problem for deck 8)

Pete

Not Skier 52 but I can tell you your room is 191 sq ft and the balcony is 42 sq ft and you will have limited visibility to the right and left from your balcony. He will probably point out where your room will be from the outside of the ship.

Just as riclop said

this is where 9219 is, in the rear recess

If you want to enlarge the image on screen press "Ctrl" and "+" together a couple of times.

"Ctrl" and "-" to go back

9219.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete - Thanks a million for that picture! This is my first time sailing on MSC! Stepping out of our comfort zone but thought we'd give MSC a shot. We are big Princess cruiser (Elite) but would like to try a new line for a change. Thanks again - appreciate your time in sending me this picture.

Edited by janie315

Wow! That's pretty awesome that you're able to point out where the cabin is in the pic! Can I hijack this thread pretty please? :)Do you know where 10235 would be? Thanks!

10235 added as requested

Fabulous position on the corner of the rear hump.

Full 180 degree view, no lifeboat directly below.

9219-1.jpg

Thank you so much!!! This is our first cruise. We're really looking forward to it! :)

You will enjoy it, especially as you going straight into the balcony cabins level and missing out the usual inside, ocean view balcony route.

next time go Yacht Club, it's a completely different experience and well worth it.

Have a great cruise, looking forward to your review

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Can I be cheeky and ask you to point out 9154?

Will my view be spoilt by a lifeboat? And is it a small balcony?

Thanks in advance! :)

9154 is a standard balcony cabin 192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony

your view won't be spoilt by a lifeboat but you will be able to see some of one , but not all of a lifeboat when looking down. Nothing to worry about

Here it is on an image

9154.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 2 months later...

Just back and a few updates on this cabin! No couch, quite location, it had a bathtub and not the walk in shower. A million kids on board last week and more to come we told the next few weeks. Food I though was great! Pizza outstanding, pasta to die for. I do not no what all the negative posts are. Guess they don't no good Italian food! lol...

Just back and a few updates on this cabin! No couch, quite location, it had a bathtub and not the walk in shower. A million kids on board last week and more to come we told the next few weeks. Food I though was great! Pizza outstanding, pasta to die for. I do not no what all the negative posts are. Guess they don't no good Italian food! lol...

Thanks for the update , all the info duly noted.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise and hoetfully you will go with MSC again.

make sure you register for the MSC club and get a discount on your next cruise with them ( unlerss it is one of the special offers that don't allow the discount)

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Pete! Yes, I would cruise MSC Divina again for sure!!! But not durning school vacations. It turned out that several European schools and US schools have Spring break for the next several weeks. On my wish list for the Divina would be an Adult Pool. Kids took over every pool!

Pete, I was looking at moving to cabin 10021 does that have a better balcony than 10015?

Thanks

Jeff

10021 is next dooor to 10015 and therefore has the same type of balcony

cabin 10037 is the cabin with the half steel half plexiglass panel on the balcony. so 10041 is the first all plexiglass balcony.

Here is an image which will explain what I mean graphically, there are two balconies per opening in the steel. So you can see one complete opening and one partial opening to the right of 10015 plus the half and half balcony; five balconies in all before a wholly plexiglass one

a7e54b5d-90e9-44f6-ad55-132e034a5bda.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Sorry Pete, I'm not sure where I got that number from-it's 10028. Thanks

Here is an image of where your balcony is, it's just around the area where the steel changes to plexiglass

10028.jpg

ignore the oval near the bridge as that was used in another answer. being very enviromentally conscientious I've recycled an old image. LOL

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Any pics or info about cabin 9173?

Thanks' date='

dd's mom[/quote']

9173 is a balcony cabin on the central hump and can best be described as a small balcony cabin. It is 148 sq feet (124 living area, 24 bathroom) and the balcony is 34 sq ft.

It will have good views left and right . Downwards it will look on to the top of a life boat (as do many cabins, the main exception being those on the front hump which look straightdown to the ocean), but it is less of the top of the life boat than cabins within the recessed areas. It is labelled as a "bella" experience cabin.

For reference a Standard balcony cabin is 192 sq ft (168 living 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony

Pete

Thanks Pete. I expected as much ... but for the LOW price we paid .... I don't even care!!! I'm sure some people paid even more for an inside. So ... as long as it's got a bathroom, bed and fresh air ... we're good!

dd's mom

Anyone else working on getting clothes ready to pack? I'm ironing and folding today. (Will be too busy next weekend and we plan to leave home on Monday (driving to Miami).