Escape Inside Family Cabin-9439

Wngsfan

Booked an inside room on the Escape for October 2018. I explained to the NCL rep that we would prefer something as close to mid-ship as possible in the hopes of alleviating motion sickness and that we wanted to be close to stairs for convenience. She suggested a family room, 9439. My question is.........does it matter that only two people will be in the room? Will the additional beds be a hindrance or do that tuck away nicely? Also, everyone mentions to stay away from "white areas" but I have no idea what that means? The NCL rep said that she thought this room would be convenient because we wouldn't have to go down multiply corridors to reach our room. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know that the room is not used much, but with the date so far away, if there is something wrong I have time to change rooms. thank you in advance. We are avid CC readers and have already learned so much! I find the research almost as fun as the trip. Cheers!

Booked an inside room on the Escape for October 2018. I explained to the NCL rep that we would prefer something as close to mid-ship as possible in the hopes of alleviating motion sickness and that we wanted to be close to stairs for convenience. She suggested a family room, 9439. My question is.........does it matter that only two people will be in the room? Will the additional beds be a hindrance or do that tuck away nicely? Also, everyone mentions to stay away from "white areas" but I have no idea what that means? The NCL rep said that she thought this room would be convenient because we wouldn't have to go down multiply corridors to reach our room. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know that the room is not used much, but with the date so far away, if there is something wrong I have time to change rooms. thank you in advance. We are avid CC readers and have already learned so much! I find the research almost as fun as the trip. Cheers!

The way the family rooms are set up is two twins that convert to Queen when together, a sofa bed, and a Pullman. If only 2 are in cabin, there will be no need to open the sofa bed, giving you more room and a sofa in cabin, and no need to pull down Pullman. There is a curtain that separates the main bed area and the area where the other passengers would have slept. There is also an extra closet on that side of cabin. The bathrooms have a double sink, and some half bath tubs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

hi! just wanna add my 2 cents, as I have an inside cabin booked, 9435 (forward), on the Escape and I purposely didn't take the area on 9 where you are staying. I had wanted to, so I put the word out on CC and someone on an earlier thread, stayed in 9441/9445 on the Breakaway and with a similar deck setup.......complained that somehow all of the music, day/nite coming from the theater was driving them crazy!! When I asked, I really didn't get any responses. Hopefully someone whos stayed in this area can help!!!:confused:

The way the family rooms are set up is two twins that convert to Queen when together, a sofa bed, and a Pullman. If only 2 are in cabin, there will be no need to open the sofa bed, giving you more room and a sofa in cabin, and no need to pull down Pullman. There is a curtain that separates the main bed area and the area where the other passengers would have slept. There is also an extra closet on that side of cabin. The bathrooms have a double sink, and some half bath tubs.

I believe that you are describing a Family Oceanview. The OP is in a Family Inside (no sofa bed).

hi! just wanna add my 2 cents, as I have an inside cabin booked, 9435 (forward), on the Escape and I purposely didn't take the area on 9 where you are staying. I had wanted to, so I put the word out on CC and someone on an earlier thread, stayed in 9441/9445 on the Breakaway and with a similar deck setup.......complained that somehow all of the music, day/nite coming from the theater was driving them crazy!! When I asked, I really didn't get any responses. Hopefully someone whos stayed in this area can help!!!:confused:

Thank you. I hadn't thought about the noise from the theatre. The theatre is two levels below us so hopefully we won't hear anything. Maybe we will just have to stay up late every night in the District!!

• 5 months later...

Hello. I was just booked in this room sailing this Sunday. Can you tell me how it was? Thank you.

Hello. I was just booked in this room sailing this Sunday. Can you tell me how it was? Thank you.

If this cabin is anything like the family room my daughter had on the Getaway it is right there near the elevators and stairs, and it only has one king bed. The other people would sleep in a sofa that opens up as a double bed and a Pullman that comes down over couch. You just won’t open these, and have a very large room. She even had a double sink in bathroom and a tub and shower combo rather than a shower stall. Very large cabin compared to my tiny inside cabin.