Happy Fourth of July!

WesW

To celebrate our Nations birthday and the sacrifices and dedication our military members have given to help secure our independence/freedom, want to let Regent cruise critic members that Regent Seven seas supports our Veterans above and beyond the call of duty.

You probably do not know that Regent has put together an outstanding & handsome Regent Service Book.

During our South America voyage in February, thanks to the persistence of fellow veterans and the help of our Cruise Director Paul Reynolds, the Mariner supported a "Veterans Get Together."

In February, Ida and I headed to the Observation Lounge on deck 12 for our Mariner Sponsored “Veterans get together.” The Regent Mariner daily newspaper, Passages says, “An opportunity to meet fellow Veterans, share stories, and sign the Regent Service Book.

As the photos show below, our Veteran’s get together was well attended we had 17 Veterans attend ranging in rank from Sergeant to Admiral. Rough estimate is we had 8 Navy veterans, 7 Army veterans, 1 Air Force Veteran and one Marine Veteran.

We began by introductions ourselves, and the service we served in. Soon, a lively pace of veteran stories were shared—from the WWII 93 year old veteran on board, to our one Korean War Veteran. Many of our Vietnam era Veterans shared their combat stories and how they recently went back to visit Vietnam (often on a Regent cruise). Also, from our Gulf War Veterans (including this family's fellow Gulf War Vet, Ida) Gulf War stories were also shared.

Thank you Regent for having the Regent Service Book (did not know this existed) and thanks to the Mariner entertainment team for putting this Veterans gathering together.

So, recommend fellow Regent cruise critic Veterans during their future voyages meet with the Cruise Director or Assistant CD, and ask if they will support a Veterans Get Together. You will get the chance to meet fellow Veterans their spouses and share your exciting stories of service to our wonderful nation.

And Happy Fourth of July Regent cruise critic members!

7594ed06a33273f3c9c7e79982b2cfd7.jpg

99bd2ace91a5f07d17e6e88b4d28b1de.jpg

f4681611fc7e81dea57fa2470e11023e.jpg

6795f43c6e0544dbae040ab12b7f33b8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here. Wes and Ida are inspirations not only for their service to our country but for their kind and accepting natures. I was a career navy brat so the military lifestyle is second nature to me. I credit all the moving around for my love of travel, new experiences, and acceptance of people and cultures. I went to HS in Japan and at one of our reunions, my husband noted the exceptional social skills of my former classmates. I also credit the military for this. Happy Fourth of July!

Ditto, Forgap.

Seeing Wes from Atlanta reminds me of Ft McPherson (where my dad retired after 27 years) and all the 4th of July's spent on bases watching the parades. Great memories.

Wes also to add happy 4th July wishes.

Can I ask are U.K. military veterans allowed to sign the Regent Service Book? Just asking as my husband is retired RAF and would be interested in looking at the book if possible? Thanks, Jean.

Jean, yes the Regent Service book has tabs for most of the World’s Armed forces please see the photo below. There is a European Armed Forces Tab. Hopefully, your next cruise will have a. Veterans Day get together so your husband will get a chance to look through & sign the Service book. Even if there is not a Veterans get together scheduled, suggest he speak with CD and express his interest in signing the service book.

17d0aa29d271f45d746b37f2eac98da4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were onboard the Navigator last November, and we attended a Veteran's Day service. I believe Paul Reynolds was in charge. It was a very nice event, and my husband (former Marine) and I enjoyed it. No mention of an Armed Services book though. Perhaps it's only on the Mariner.

Thanks to all military personnel for their service!

Wes:

Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of Regent’s Service Book and would love to sign it. I’m a 28 year Air Force retiree (we only deploy to places with a Marriott or Hilton) and will look forward to any future events for vets during our upcoming cruises.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk