Desert on X

Cindy and I have our next cruise booked on the Infinity and I usually eat my share of desserts on a cruise - more than at home like most of us. For years I usually favored Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and the self serve ice cream. Don't have a favorite yet on Royal Caribbean yet but Johnny Rockets had a killer milkshake. Their chocolate lava cake wasn't bad.

What's not to miss on Celebrity? What's worth walking up a few extra flights of stairs to burn those calories for?

PS Sorry folks, the title should be "Desserts on X". Desert is where we go to Aruba for :cool:

I'm also a fan of the chocolate lava cake on Carnival, and could possibly consider another cruise on carnival - just for the lava cake :) The night they made the lava cakes on Summitt, I was too full to endulge, but my kids each had two and enjoyed them so much, the waiter put in a special order for 4 more lava cakes the next night!

My favourite dessert on Summit was the Dulce De Leche Crema Catalana. It was sooooo good!!! Not on the menu, but we had a special occasion cake made for my son's birthday which was OMG good. Most nights I had the crème brulee for dinner. My son really liked the chocolate cake. There is a version of the QSINE tombstone dessert which was served one night.

My husband like the every day apple pie now that they finally make it without raisins. But he says the apple pie on carnival was better.

We are normally not big fans of cruise ship desserts, but I have to say that Celebrity, or at least Summit has gotten better in this area.

I also really like the chocolate tart served at Bacio.

I also have a typo in a current thread title, so I won't pick on you :)

We generally skip dessert in the MDR - I find the majority of them to be disappointing.

We instead head over to Café Bacio and indulge there. Nothing like an after dinner Americano and a lovely piece of whatever cake catches our fancy (or mousse, or éclair, or sometimes even a cookie or two).

32818054904_a729a8c344_c.jpg

32818053134_f7fc2862b6_c.jpg

33533082021_230e4d1076_c.jpg

32819579364_fd7769dcd8_c.jpg

32849283993_01396882b4_c.jpg

33278574890_c8eee0273d_c.jpg

The apple pie ala mode and the chocolate cake, also ala mode on the every night list are very good. The real treat for me on Celebrity is the ice cream bar in the Ocean View Cafe. Lots of flavors every day, all very good. The gelato across from Cafe Al Baccio is also very good but not worth paying extra. We get a free scoop from Captains Club :). All of the Al Baccio desserts do look very very good. It is a diabetic's nightmare....

I LOVE the bread pudding that is served in the Oceanview buffet. :hearteyes: I have only seen it at lunch, and it is not served every day. When I go to lunch the first thing I do is check for the bread pudding. They run out fairly quickly. Have a bunch of great desserts.

Carolyn

The caramel sauce for the cheesecake. I could take a gallon of it home and coat every type of cake, cookie, ice cream and fruit in it! Also, I really like everything at Cafe al Bacio!

I think the sorbets that are offered in the MDR are often overlooked. Most are quite good and some appear less frequently than others.

The chocolate or Grand Mariner dessert soufflés offered in Murano are amazing.

I’m also a big fan of the desserts offered (for free) in Cafe al Bacio. Some look amazing and are just so-so when eaten. The oatmeal cookies are terrific.

Also a fan of the bread pudding in the Oceanview Cafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree about the bread pudding. Then if they have peanut butter ice cream, I don’t care what the entree’s are[emoji14]

The peanut butter ice cream is to die for!

I think the sorbets that are offered in the MDR are often overlooked. Most are quite good and some appear less frequently than others.

The chocolate or Grand Mariner dessert soufflés offered in Murano are amazing.

I’m also a big fan of the desserts offered (for free) in Cafe al Bacio. Some look amazing and are just so-so when eaten. The oatmeal cookies are terrific.

Also a fan of the bread pudding in the Oceanview Cafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on the Grand Marnier soufflé in Murano. Fabulous

My husband like the every day apple pie now that they finally make it without raisins. But he says the apple pie on carnival was better. :)

I didn't know they stopped putting raisins in. I will definitely try it again, now that I won't have to spend all that time picking them out.:)

No deserts on X but they do have a lawn. 🤗

Basically all of the desserts on X aren’t worth the calories, just sweet.

That Lava cake on Carnival is a cardiac arrest waiting to happen. We went to a cooking demonstration and they did the lava cake. Tons of sugar, egg yokes and butter, and a little flour to bind it together.

There are a few deserts in Luminae, and the speciality restuarants but it depends on what you like. A lot of nice chocolate offerings.

Personally I would rather have a dessert Martini. 🍸

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I have been eating two or three Creme Brulee's every night I'm on Celebrity for almost 25 years.

Crème brûlée is my favorite dessert even before cruises with Celebrity. Here are some photos of desserts for Celebrity. Mostly of the desserts are from Luminae.

Celebrity Desserts - Google Photos

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

No deserts on X but they do have a lawn. 🤗

Haha - Just wait until they change it up or add a zen garden.

I'm going to go ahead and try Luminae. Cindy deserves it after her disappointing first cruise. We didn't like the Carnival Vista and are ready to move on to a more upscale experience.