wish I knew...

momjkm

2 things I didn't know before my cruise on the Equniox (just off today).

1: there is a community bulletin board at guest relations that has things like a veterans meet up or bridge games (times and places).

2: we had a concierge cabin ~ I found out there was a concierge person to help with things by accident while wandering the ship one day; located in an area called Team Earth.

Other than those 2 things, thank you so much cruise critic friends for all your help! Had an amazing time...

2 things I didn't know before my cruise on the Equniox (just off today).

1: there is a community bulletin board at guest relations that has things like a veterans meet up or bridge games (times and places).

2: we had a concierge cabin ~ I found out there was a concierge person to help with things by accident while wandering the ship one day; located in an area called Team Earth.

Other than those 2 things, thank you so much cruise critic friends for all your help! Had an amazing time...

Just out of curiosity what did you think a concierge class stateroom meant? Nothing in your cabin about the concierge and where her/his desk would be located. I also would have thought whoever you booked the cruise with would have advised you of what all is included in the concierge class cabins.:confused: We've never booked that class of cabin.

Just out of curiosity what did you think a concierge class stateroom meant? Nothing in your cabin about the concierge and where her/his desk would be located. I also would have thought whoever you booked the cruise with would have advised you of what all is included in the concierge class cabins.:confused: We've never booked that class of cabin.

Your response is actually funny! For years, Celebrity has had Concierge class and for years, there was only one concierge for the entire ship.....They only added a dedicated concierge for Concierge cabins this past year. Don't feel badly, Aqua Class cabins get one small bottle of water in their room on embarkation but don't get any more during the cruise. That's gone the other way...when first introduced, one of the features of aqua cabins was that you got daily bottled water...a reasonable expectation since the cabins are, after all, called aqua. They changed that a couple of years ago and took the water out of the aqua cabins.

Finding an explanation of perks in your room? For years, celebrity has had a choice of pillows for concierge and above cabins and they have referred to a pillow menu. No one I've ever spoken to has ever found a pillow menu in their rooms.....not sure if it even exists. You just have to somehow know and ask your cabin attendant for the type of pillow you'd like.

Welcome to Celebrity......

It's amazing that by simply adding the word "Modern" to Luxury, Celebrity was able to re-define the product we now receive and not the product we first received in 1993 when the line was still owned by Chandris, gradually accepted in 2000 when RCI bought them out, and in some instances, now expect us to accept and tolerate their re-defined "Modern" offering!!!

Your response is actually funny! For years, Celebrity has had Concierge class and for years, there was only one concierge for the entire ship.....They only added a dedicated concierge for Concierge cabins this past year. Don't feel badly, Aqua Class cabins get one small bottle of water in their room on embarkation but don't get any more during the cruise. That's gone the other way...when first introduced, one of the features of aqua cabins was that you got daily bottled water...a reasonable expectation since the cabins are, after all, called aqua. They changed that a couple of years ago and took the water out of the aqua cabins.

Finding an explanation of perks in your room? For years, celebrity has had a choice of pillows for concierge and above cabins and they have referred to a pillow menu. No one I've ever spoken to has ever found a pillow menu in their rooms.....not sure if it even exists. You just have to somehow know and ask your cabin attendant for the type of pillow you'd like.

Funny in are you serious! My point is ask. If we were paying for concierge class cabin I'd be asking when I booked the cruise what comes with that for the extra dollars and the first thing I would ask GS once I boarded the ship who and where is the concierge for my cabin. I need to speak with this person.

Edited by davekathy

I've NEVER seen a list of pillow choices and we always cruise concierge class for many reasons....("evening savories" not one of them!) I did ask on our first cruise what the pillow choices were and cabin steward brought us a list but nothing since then and since pillows are usually pretty comfortable I admit I haven't asked. I have learned that if you don't like the savories you can ask for a fruit plate and they'll bring it every day.

Funny in are you serious! My point is ask. If we were paying for concierge class cabin I'd be asking when I booked the cruise what comes with that for the extra dollars and the first thing I would ask GS once I boarded the ship who and where is the concierge for my cabin. I need to speak with this person.

...makes sense to me! But also surprised as you previously pointed out why this information would not have been understood when the stateroom was booked.

OK, I've asked this on other threads. Why does someone need a Concierge? We've stayed in CC a few times and never once thought about trying to find them. We are pretty self sufficient and don't need a lot of help, maybe that's it.

Not making fun or anything, just have no idea why anyone needs a Concierge on a ship.

OK, I've asked this on other threads. Why does someone need a Concierge? We've stayed in CC a few times and never once thought about trying to find them. We are pretty self sufficient and don't need a lot of help, maybe that's it.

Not making fun or anything, just have no idea why anyone needs a Concierge on a ship.

I agree. IMHO it was another gimmick to try to make a certain class of room more appealing. We rarely sail Concierge, but the one time we did earlier this year I noticed that the Concierge desk was almost always empty anyway every time we walked past. But to your original point, as long as you can pick up the phone and handle reservations, deal with issues, etc.., I can't for the life of me figure out what a concierge on Celebrity actually does for you.

At least in our experience on RCI - and I would think it similar on Celebrity - they have assisted with dinner reservations, printing airline boarding passes, certain show reservations (not an issue on Celebrity), Cabana reservations on Labadee, etc. Things like that.

It's definitely wise to take a list of the inclusions with you because I've rarely found them listed in the actual room. That way you know what to ask about. I travel in suites, and it's just as big of a problem at that level, too (at least in my experience).

A few years ago we were on a cruise and I got sick. The concierge fixed my plane tickets to travel home earlier and cancelled my after cruise hotel. When you are on a ship and don't have phone service this is a great help. They can also make reservations on the ship for specialty dinning if you are having trouble getting the time you want. They can help you with port plans and other issues. We normally would never use a concierge but this time it came in handy.

It's amazing that by simply adding the word "Modern" to Luxury, Celebrity was able to re-define the product we now receive and not the product we first received in 1993 when the line was still owned by Chandris, gradually accepted in 2000 when RCI bought them out, and in some instances, now expect us to accept and tolerate their re-defined "Modern" offering!!!

We also had our first X cruise in 1993. Currently booked for a TA in November. DH hasn't been on X for several years (2006). I was on Silhouette with my Mom in 2013 and couldn't believe how it had changed.

In between, we have cruised with Princess and RCI for itinerary and price and now chose X for the same reason for this trip. I'm hoping we won't be too disappointed with the changes.

Sue

Add the Pool Butler to the list of fluff along with priorities.

Another perk that disappeared is the special concierge waiting lounge during embarkation.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Since Aqua Class is supposed to get all perks of Concierge Class (except boarding lunch in DR), then do AQ passengers get to use the Concierge services? Don’t know why I need one, but would like to know I could use it if I wanted to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't feel badly, Aqua Class cabins get one small bottle of water in their room on embarkation but don't get any more during the cruise. That's gone the other way...when first introduced, one of the features of aqua cabins was that you got daily bottled water...a reasonable expectation since the cabins are, after all, called

Maybe they should change the name to Secca Class. We get the Elite Lounge barkeeps to give us a bottle or two when we need them

When we first sailed on the M-class ships, we had a pillow menu in the room, which went away in recent years. But we just got off the Reflection in a CC cabin, and our pillow choices (3) were listed in our letter from the concierge, which listed all of the room perks, as well as her desk location and hours.

When we first sailed on the M-class ships, we had a pillow menu in the room, which went away in recent years. But we just got off the Reflection in a CC cabin, and our pillow choices (3) were listed in our letter from the concierge, which listed all of the room perks, as well as her desk location and hours.

That's what I would expect if we were paying extra for a Concierge class cabin.

Ah...progress....but the "pillow menu" offered 5, not three, choices. hmmm.....

Over the years we the Concierge has:

1. checked us in for post cruise flights

2. printed our boarding passes for our return flights

3. recommended some great "off the beaten path" spots to visit

4. made reservations both on and off the ship

5. invited us to sailaways on the helipad

6. offered the use of her personal hairdryer! (long story;))

Nothing about the concierge services in the cabin. Everything I knew before boarding was from these boards...

I booked online. I didn't know there was a dedicated person on board in a specific location with specific hours. The location "team earth" doesn't indicate that this is there.