Short but Sweet on the Imagination!-Brief review

BobbyD

• 1 month later...
FOOD:

Food, glorious food! Let me begin by saying that we like all different kinds of food and I have rarely had a meal (anywhere) that I didn't like. We are go-with-the-flow kind of people and that involves food as well. Food is subjective and is based on my culinary opinions! That being said, I thought the food on the cruise was very good to excellent.

Guys Burgers: After boarding the ship we headed right up to Guys Burgers and Mr. Fieri did not disappoint. I got a bit carried away with toppings but the burgers were fresh, the cheese was melty and the buns were soft. The fries are great as well, although I didn't remember them having a flavoring added to them but that certainly added to the goodness. I ended up having two over the course of the cruise and my wife visited Guy's an additional time! I was tempted to go with the double and triple that those in line were ordering but I behaved myself. Mostly. The only significant line was on embarkation day and they moved people along very quickly.

Blue Iguana Cantina: Very good as well. I had breakfast burritos (twice) and one day had the pork tacos (3), while my wife had her "extra" Guy's Burger. Service is fast and there was never a line.

Lido buffet: We never really ate in the Lido buffet. I grabbed a slice of pizza once and a quick dessert/snack but for the most part just used it to walk through to get from point A to point B. This was probably the first time on a cruise that we had not eaten in the buffet but we just took advantage of other options. Crowds seemed to be typical for the Lido. For those who don't like fighting the crowds for breakfast, we discovered that the area in between Guys and the Cantina serves a mini buffet breakfast, with all the usuals (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc.) along with made to order eggs and pastries. The Lido might have a few more options but the peace and quiet of eating outside without a bit of chaos was wonderful. It allowed me to get a breakfast burrito and supplement with hash browns (loved them!) and a bran muffin. For example! I highly recommend it and my wife and I were surprised that more cruisers didn't take advantage of this.

MDR: We are MDR people for dinner. We have never eaten dinner in the Lido on our many cruises and rarely eat at specialty restaurants. We were at a table of 2 with Camilo as our waiter. He was awesome and one of the best waiters we have ever had over 18ish cruises! He called our names before we had even sat down for our very first meal. Nice touch. It was our first experience with the American Table and there were many options. I had the flat iron steak off the everyday menu the very first night and Camilo brought me two because "they are small". Service was fast. Perhaps a bit too fast as we like to take our time during dinner but I can't complain. It certainly wasn't rushed at all, just very efficient. I noticed that Camilo had two tables of 10 not in our general area and he treated us as if we were his only customers. Highlights off the menu were Escargot (we love it and wish it was offered every night like RCI and X), chocolate melting cake (of course), Nutella Tiramusu, duck pot stickers, and spring rolls. There were others but those come to mind. Food was typically served hot (a complaint on our recent Allure cruise) and the presentation of the food was solid.

We also had SeaDay Brunch in the MDR. It was great and most of the menu looked very good. I had the Huevos Rancheros and the cheesy grits. Perhaps a bit TOO much cheese, but still very good.

I forgot to mention that I had emailed the Maitre D of the Imagination about 2-3 weeks prior to sailing to ask if we could have a table for 2. Some people enjoy the casual banter of meeting new people but we do not. We prefer to eat either alone or with people we know. Different strokes for different folks! Anyways, the Maitre D came through for us and we appreciate his effort. We never met him but that was ok as well!

To be continued. Lunch!

Bobby, how did you get the Maitre D’s email address?

My new husband and I are celebrating our honeymoon on a cruise in November and would love to get a2 seater table.

Bobby, how did you get the Maitre D’s email address?

My new husband and I are celebrating our honeymoon on a cruise in November and would love to get a2 seater table.

If you have anytime dining, simply ask for one.