Face Cloths

I am off on Discovery 2 later this month. Can anyone advise if there are usually face cloths in the bathrooms of standard cabins please? No problem if not - just need to know whether to take one with me.

I love seeing them called face cloths. A few years ago, I asked in a Walmart for facecloths and was directed to the make up/skin care isle for these popup pre-moistened things. I said NO ... face cloths .... and she said "oh, you mean WASH cloths". Who knew?

Flannels - we were on this ship over Christmas and they were provided. You just have to bear in mind that they may look like they have been attacked by moths as one of our's had. That said, they are changed daily together with the towels. Good trip Britboys.

Many thanks. My first Thomson cruise so just a little apprehensive. I am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather as the main reason for booking this is to get to Havana for a day and a half. I have seen some reviews where poor weather considerably shortened the stay there.

Funny story about asking for a facecloth in wallmart, i once asked for a kettle in a well known american superstore and they had no idea what i was talking about, so i said you know to boil water, tho which there reply was - You want to boil water ? With a strange look. Like i asked them for a flying car. I guess they all use coffee machines, and dont drink tea lol. Eventually we got one. Bizzare lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny story about asking for a facecloth in wallmart, i once asked for a kettle in a well known american superstore and they had no idea what i was talking about, so i said you know to boil water, tho which there reply was - You want to boil water ? With a strange look. Like i asked them for a flying car. I guess they all use coffee machines, and dont drink tea lol. Eventually we got one. Bizzare lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Working in retail I was asked if we had any "night suits"? Luckily I think fast on my feet, thinking suit--2 pieces, night, sleeping OH PAJAMAS!!!

Many thanks. My first Thomson cruise so just a little apprehensive. I am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather as the main reason for booking this is to get to Havana for a day and a half. I have seen some reviews where poor weather considerably shortened the stay there.

If you like chocolate, there's a place in town that, when you stick your head inside the door, makes you feel as though you're wrapped up in a chocolate bar - the smell is fantastic. Only problem for us was that we popped along there on second morning and asked if they took GBP and no luck!

If you like chocolate, there's a place in town that, when you stick your head inside the door, makes you feel as though you're wrapped up in a chocolate bar - the smell is fantastic. Only problem for us was that we popped along there on second morning and asked if they took GBP and no luck!

Do many/any places take credit cards?

Do many/any places take credit cards?

There are two currencies in Cuba - one for the locals and one for tourists called the Cuban Convertible Peso (or something like that). You can exchange cash at the terminal no problem. I did ask our local tour guide (we took the £45 4 hour bus/walking tour) what of the local currencies we would be converted at if we used a card and I'm sorry to say that I did not really understand what he replied. I thought he said that any card system recognised our card and used the Convertible, but I could not be sure. Anyway we didn't bother.

There are two currencies in Cuba - one for the locals and one for tourists called the Cuban Convertible Peso (or something like that). You can exchange cash at the terminal no problem. I did ask our local tour guide (we took the £45 4 hour bus/walking tour) what of the local currencies we would be converted at if we used a card and I'm sorry to say that I did not really understand what he replied. I thought he said that any card system recognised our card and used the Convertible, but I could not be sure. Anyway we didn't bother.

Sorry, didn't really reply to the question - they obviously do take cards but how many I couldn't say.