Discovery- wifi

Hi sorry if asked before but had a look at marella website and have seen that Wi-Fi is available in Wifi zones which is charged to your on-board account. We are not intending to go on the internet a lot- just maybe email home a couple of times. The website doesnt quote any prices so was wondering if anyone has any further info regarding price and wether its worth it. (we will be on the Marella Discovery) Thanks

Edited by Sarah888
Posted before finished

Hey sarah, discovery has wifi all over the ship, signal was ok for us at deck 8 aft js, not sure if its the same strength all over the ship tho, but it is meant to be ship wide so guess it will be ok. I will say it really wasnt the fastest so keep that in mind. Im on discovery in 43 days on a b2b, cant wait lol. Iv not been on the ship since a month or 2 before she was transfered from royal caribbean so cant wait to see whats changed. Love the size of the discovery, lots of glass, always being able to see the sea. - how a cruise ship should be [emoji4]. Btw, iv hear the wifi is £49 a week. Im planning on buying the first week to check if its still ok then if all is well get it the second week too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for a quick reply much appreciated and useful. Even though we have 188 days to go its our first cruise so i keep thinking of different things to ask. I was originally thinking we will all have a complete brake from the internet for a whole week, but with 2 kids (one an older teenager) and me liking to keep up with the news every day that may be wishful thinking. Thanks again for the info and hope you enjoy your b2b cruises

Daughter paid for Wi fi on Discovery 2, so grand daughter could Facetime her father who was unable to travel with us.

Cost was £15 for a day (300mb) £25 for 3 days (800mb) or £49 for the week (1,200mb)

Grand daughter used it up quickly by going on Cbeebees !!

Husband and I managed perfectly well by putting phone into aeroplane mode on ship, then using Wi Fi ashore.

Depends on your needs, I suppose.