Adventure of the Seas vs Celebrity Summit vs NCL Jade

mackfam

Considering a cruise for Nov 2018 on Adventure of the Seas. We have previously been on Quantum, Oasis, and Freedom of the Seas but more recently have cruised on smaller, older ships like the Celebrity Summit and Norwegian Jade which we have really enjoyed.

Looking for comments or comparisons from any recent travelers who have been on these smaller, older ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Adventure is a Voyager class ship that is a bit smaller than Freedom. The basic layout is almost the same. Chances are if you liked Freedom, you will like Adventure and will appreciate the smaller more scaled down size and fewer passengers, but still with with most of the bells and whistles you had on Freedom. She is currently in dry dock to be buffed up and to have additional features added.

Are all the itineraries you’re considering the same?

We’re actually not trying to decide between those ships for the cruise we’re looking at but rather trying to determine how Adventure of the Seas compares to other smaller ships we have been on and liked.

The actual cruise decision is between Adventure of the Seas, Oasis or the MSC Seaside. I know in some ways this is like comparing apples to oranges. We loved Oasis when we were on her but don’t really need all her bells and whistles now we’re traveling without kids.

Adventure is a Voyager class ship that is a bit smaller than Freedom. The basic layout is almost the same. Chances are if you liked Freedom, you will like Adventure and will appreciate the smaller more scaled down size and fewer passengers, but still with with most of the bells and whistles you had on Freedom. She is currently in dry dock to be buffed up and to have additional features added.

Where are you getting the information that Adventure is in dry dock? I couldn’t find that listed anywhere %

Where are you getting the information that Adventure is in dry dock? I couldn’t find that listed anywhere %

A bunch of us had cruises cancelled for this time period through mid Feb. It was well publicized.

Hmmm...Interesting. I wonder why it isn’t on RCL’s refurb site or CC’s, for that matter.

There was an article posted on Cruise Critic last year. I wasn't aware until I booked my December 2018 Adventure cruise a few months afterward when I happened to notice the changes to the deck plan

If you're curious, here's the thread that Bob referenced earlier in his post.

We have been on Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer) and loved them and have also enjoyed Celebrity Summit several times. The Summit, as has been suggested, is a smaller vessel, and whether or not you would prefer one over the other may depend on the cabin you are considering. Adventure would have the edge, in my opinion, if you are looking at a junior suite or smaller, but Summit would have my vote if you are springing for a Sky Suite or larger. This is because Celebrity offers their Go!Best that includes tips, internet, shipboard credit, premium beverage package and access to the dedicated Concierge Lounge (Michael's Club). Neil