Any update on Allure Dry dock?

rid891

Not mine... "No sailing week of Jan 21"

That is only listed in one small box which could easily be overlooked and they then list all of the activities and schedule. The fact that there's no sailing should have been real prominent on the calendar when you pick the sailing and nothing else should have been listed. It's pretty obvious it was a cheap after the fact fix.

So,,, for the week the ship is out of service, they have not planned any other renovations?

I’m sure there are doing over and above regular maintenance but they aren’t adding slides or any large ticket items.

In the future, when more extensive renovations are done, I wonder if they will add water slides and the Ultimate Abyss to the Allure and Oasis.

Allure will be in 2020 and Oasis will be in 2019 for big dry docks, so only time will tell. I would be great if they did.

Are there any webcams or video anywhete to see Allure in drydock?

No web cams...but my eyes are right now looking at Allure at the dry dock here in Freeport. We are here on MJ, and watched the tugs having a devil of a time trying to back her ample aft into the dry dock slip this morning..:o

We were on Allure last week and at one of the Q&A sessions, we were told that the dry dock was to fix the azipod and that the only other thing(s) to be done was a deep cleaning of the ship.

I think the deep cleaning is because the crew has to have something to do while the ship is in dry dock.

In the future, when more extensive renovations are done, I wonder if they will add water slides and the Ultimate Abyss to the Allure and Oasis.
highly doubtful. These things are what seperate each ship within classes. Not to mention that would be a huge expense.

highly doubtful. These things are what seperate each ship within classes. Not to mention that would be a huge expense.

Slides being added to ships is becoming common at RCI (market apparently demands them) - the Voyager and Freedom class ships are getting them, no reason to think Oasis and Allure won't get them during their regular 5 yr dry dock.

Slides being added to ships is becoming common at RCI (market apparently demands them) - the Voyager and Freedom class ships are getting them, no reason to think Oasis and Allure won't get them during their regular 5 yr dry dock.

This blog post links to a Michael Bayley interview from 2015, where he apparently mentioned that slides would be eventually coming to all Oasis-class ships: https://www.******************.com/2015/04/29/royal-caribbean-will-add-water-slides-all-oasis-class-ships. The link to the original article doesn't work and I couldn't find it with Google :(