Late night (10pm+), places to eat on Adventure of the Sea? Is the gym open too?

Do they do the nachos on Adventure? Grandeur did nachos with melted cheese and fixing late at night. My kids loved it.

Nachos are only available during the late afternoon in WJ on AD. (Make your own.) The only thing available after the buffet closes is Cafe Promenade which offers mini-sandwiches and pizza during the late evening/overnight hours. (Or pay $7.95 for room service.....includes as much as you wish to order.)

Nachos are only available during the late afternoon in WJ on AD. (Make your own.) The only thing available after the buffet closes is Cafe Promenade which offers mini-sandwiches and pizza during the late evening/overnight hours. (Or pay $7.95 for room service.....includes as much as you wish to order.)

Ok. Thank you!

I cannot tell a lie, I’ve never actually eaten it, but as an Italian from Jersey all I had to do was look. I shake my head every time I see someone walking by munching on a slice. It does look like cardboard, now you have confirmed the taste. I do love the coconut ranger cookies though and always get a couple before heading back to the cabin at night.
Before shaking your head at someone eating pizza, it is first necessary to ascertain how much alcohol that they have consumed.;):D

I was just looking at a room service menu. I think it was from Harmony.

It looked like, unless I misinterpreted it that an Angus burger or chile chicken wings were $4.95 each? Plus the room service charge.

Please tell me I'm wrong?

Bill

I was just looking at a room service menu. I think it was from Harmony.

It looked like, unless I misinterpreted it that an Angus burger or chile chicken wings were $4.95 each? Plus the room service charge.

Please tell me I'm wrong?

Bill

This is the only menu I've seen:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/data/dining/room-service/menu/In-Stateroom-Room-Service-Full-Menu-web.pdf

Thanks Bob. I hope this is still the current one. I can't find the one I was looking at last night.

I plan on using room service for my late night snack instead of Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos pizza.

If you order the pizza from room service is it the same as Sorrentos?

Bill

For anyone who knows, based on this menu - the "Continental Breakfast" portion that is free delivery -- is that just the beverages & bakery items? "Light Breakfast items", ie, cereals, fruit yogurt" is the start of the $7.95 delivery fee section?

For anyone who knows, based on this menu - the "Continental Breakfast" portion that is free delivery -- is that just the beverages & bakery items? "Light Breakfast items", ie, cereals, fruit yogurt" is the start of the $7.95 delivery fee section?

Everything under the left column that says "Continental Breakfast".

I carry some extra large zip lock bags (and smaller ones). In the afternoon, I'll occasionally put some crackers in a zip lock. In another one, some assorted cheese and finally one for some grapes or other fruit. I put them in the fridge and late, late at night, I'll break out a bottle of the wine and my "cheese and fruit platter."

Before shaking your head at someone eating pizza, it is first necessary to ascertain how much alcohol that they have consumed.;):D

After a couple drinks, anything tastes good! ;)

I remember on Anthem this past May, a group of us we're looking for food after leaving the Music Box. We saw the pizza was still open, there were some employees in front us who took the last 2 pizzas! We asked if we could get a pizza for us, but they said those were the last one's. We were appalled that employees got the pizza before the guests! Nothing against the employees, they work hard, and if they earned the right to be able to eat in the common area then more power to them. But to be given the last 2 whole pizzas at 2am when there are no other options seemed a little bit off...

On a side note, I remember seeing a lot of employees working out in the gym. I thought they had a gym for employees? The gym is already small for such a large amount of people, to add employees into the mix it makes things worse. I think Royal should rethink these policies IMO.

Very slim pickin's on most all RCI ships late night...Adventure certainly included. I very often bring this subject up whenever and wherever I have the opportunity. It would be great if a small portion of the WJ would be open with some offerings like breakfast foods etc.

Cafe Promenade just doesn't do it for me and I certainly wouldn't refer to it as a "buffet". :(

Yup! We refer to RCCL as the hunt for food cruise....late night choices are extremely limited,

• 2 weeks later...

Every post cruise survey, i make it a point to say that 1) there is limited food selections 9pm and after, and 2) the very few options are not good. those little tiny sandwiches at the cafe in my opinion are awful. flavorless. and dont get me started on that pizza...

The Neverending Pizza Debate. They sure do serve a lot of something that would seem to be universally despised. Lol

It's nothing spectacular, but we like it. The only time I didn't care for it, was towards the end of our 9 night Anthem cruise, when they ran out of pepperoni, and the only option was cheese or salami. Also wish they were more willing to do made-to-order.

Thank you for any help to these questions! I know that other cruises sometimes put desserts that they plated from the MDR out later for guests?

Royal has the least late night options compared to competition. Cafe Promenade is about it and will be some small finger sandwiches, cookies, pizza.

• 2 weeks later...

As part of my strategy not to eat too much, I somehow manage to live with the food curfew where options start disappearing rapidly after 9:00 pm.

Some dry snacks in my cabin also help with any late night hunger urges.