Rhapsody of the Seas - July 29 - Aug 5 Mediterranean Cruise Trip Report

Thoroughly enjoyed your review, although I was so jealous bc our Nov cruise on the Vision couldn't make it into Kotor. I wanted to see the sail in, too.

We got to go back to Venice this last week, tho, and if we weren't Southerners, I don't believe we would've survived Heat Wave Lucifer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The hardest part of check in was making the walk from where the water taxi lets you off, and to terminal 107 where the Rhapsody was docked.

Good thing i checked this thread.

We are 8 weeks out and soon i will have to decide whether we would be taking a water taxi from hotel to terminal or others.

"The walk" is makin me a lil nervous, anyway you can elaborate please?

.. Could the people mover be a better option? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The walk" is makin me a lil nervous, anyway you can elaborate please?

.. Could the people mover be a better option?

If you have mobility issues, the walk from outside the terminal in could be a lengthy one. Even from the People Mover to the terminal can be an issue if you are dragging a lot of luggage (about 400 yards - though it's paved and flat). Some of this also depends on which terminal the ship will use since there could be a 100-200 yard diff just in that.

If you have mobility issues, the walk from outside the terminal in could be a lengthy one. Even from the People Mover to the terminal can be an issue if you are dragging a lot of luggage (about 400 yards - though it's paved and flat). Some of this also depends on which terminal the ship will use since there could be a 100-200 yard diff just in that.

Luggages could be an issue for me, my B&B also have an access to the Alilaguna line, that is, if the drop off point make any difference. Or does it?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by stickyshocker

Luggages could be an issue for me, my B&B also have an access to the Alilaguna line, that is, if the drop off point make any difference. Or does it?

Thanks.

From what I remember, the water taxi drop off is at the other end of the People Mover line (as opposed to Roma Piazza), so either way you are bit away from the pier. I think you could get a land taxi from either end to get closer to the terminal if mobility is an issue.

This was so interesting, thank you. We travel from Venice on September 16th but the only place we are going to where you went is Kotor. So I was really interested in your review of it.

With regard to the water taxi, can you get one without booking? We will be arriving from Dublin, with our friends arriving from Toronto supposedly within 20 minutes. We have planned to travel on the Alilaguna Blue Line to Zattere near our hotel, then Zattere connects straight to the cruise terminal the next day. But if it was going to cost less than €50 per couple for a water taxi, it could be worth thinking about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Going July 21, 2018!! Just booked.. how do you find affordable flights to Venice? We are from Denver? I am looking now and $1400-1800 a person is scaring me!

Check Air2Sea on Royal. But prices might be high so far ahead, check after the new year

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going July 21, 2018!! Just booked.. how do you find affordable flights to Venice? We are from Denver? I am looking now and $1400-1800 a person is scaring me!

It was $1000 each out of Newark for us. O think in general flights to Italy are usually around a thousand each.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Are you on the Rhapsody? We are on a back to back june 9-15 and june 15-23.

We are on the 15th to 23rd portion of your trip. We nearly booked the exact same back to back you did but opted instead for a few days in Venice pre cruise and a 7 night on symphony later in the year - it was a hard decision though! Loved the look of those ports across the 2 cruises.

Maybe run into you onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your great trip report. I appreciate the time and effort and I enjoy getting great planning tips from those who have ventured before. We are staying in that exact cabin next December and your trip report didn't mention any negatives about the cabin so I am even more excited.

Can you tell me how you booked Milo? And, about how far was Hotel Londra from St. Mark's Square?

Thank you again!

Thank you for your great trip report. I appreciate the time and effort and I enjoy getting great planning tips from those who have ventured before. We are staying in that exact cabin next December and your trip report didn't mention any negatives about the cabin so I am even more excited.

Can you tell me how you booked Milo? And, about how far was Hotel Londra from St. Mark's Square?

Thank you again!

We thought the cabin was great. Spacious enough, nice balcony and close enough to elevators but not really any noise issues we noticed.

Milo we booked via direct email. He was very responsive, and I really can’t recommend him enough. The best tour guide I’ve had anywhere.

Hotel Londra Palace was very close to St. Marks. I’d say a 5 minute walk if you’re just walking without meandering and checking things out. I think officially it was .3 miles by foot, and very easy to navigate.

Any other questions, let me know.