Muster drill on Sun

timkatmom

• 5 months later...

Garycarla is correct... "you will know". there will be annoucements where to go but also there will be staff and crew everywhere checking you cards and giving you directions of "where to go and how to get there". Was just on the Sun in Oct. and the drill was outside on deck 6... it'll be on your card... no worries.

easy peasy.. enjoy your cruise.

Does muster drill happen on embarkation day, Day 1?

And I believe you're supposed to bring your life jacket with you? I think they will be underneath the bed.

What do you take with you? Room card? Life jacket?

NCL doesn't make you take life jacket with you. Take key card is all you need.

On Sun we had aft mini on 10 and it was outside aft on promenade deck. OP is in a mini forward so not sure where that is.

NCL doesn't make you take life jacket with you. Take key card is all you need.

On Sun we had aft mini on 10 and it was outside aft on promenade deck. OP is in a mini forward so not sure where that is.

Thanks. Is the drill the first day when you board the ship?

Our last few NCL cruises have all had indoor seating for muster drill. If this one is outside it will be the first since my husband's mobility problem. He can't stand for more than a few minutes. Is there a separate meeting spot for disabled so they can sit?

Our last few NCL cruises have all had indoor seating for muster drill. If this one is outside it will be the first since my husband's mobility problem. He can't stand for more than a few minutes. Is there a separate meeting spot for disabled so they can sit?

I believe it is only on the Sun and the Spirit that the muster drill is still held outside, on the promenade deck. I am pretty certain they have alternatives for people with mobility issues.

I believe it is only on the Sun and the Spirit that the muster drill is still held outside, on the promenade deck. I am pretty certain they have alternatives for people with mobility issues.

We were on the Sun this last May in a mini suite, and it was held inside. Of all our cruises on NCL, we have never had the muster drill outside.

Thanks to both of you. Looking forward to Sun cruise next April after dry dock. Our third cruise on Sun but not since 2010.

On the Sun in October, our drill was outside under the lifeboats. The speakers were right over our heads and it was a long, ear splitting event.

The crew will direct you to an inside location for those who can't stand out on the deck.

Our muster drill was also outside on the Sky this year and on POA several years ago. It is no fun in the heat.

Elevators will be out of service for the muster function - use the stairways.

For wheelchair and handicap folks ***** exception made check with the crew.

All muster drills are outside on deck 6 - looking up you will see the life boats that will be used in a real situation.

The life boats are swung out and come level with deck 6 (Promenade) to board.

OK - do not take your life vest with you !

If when an emergency were to occur and you are not able to go to your cabin and get the life vests - go to your muster station and life vests will be provided.

There are smaller vests for children.

Do not bring foodstuffs or beverages to the muster !

For the handicap disabled and elderly folks - contact a crew member your muster drill will be held inside the

ship on deck 6 - in Dazzles or the Windjammer Bar for your assembly point or other location as designated by the crew.

On the back of your cabin door is the muster station information.

Your Key Card is marked with the muster station.

Crew members will direct you - ASK if you have a question.

Oh and as noted by previous poster bring ear protection or cover your ears the muster drill alarm can be

deafening in corners and tight spaces.

Elevators will be out of service for the muster function - use the stairways.

For wheelchair and handicap folks ***** exception made check with the crew.

For the handicap disabled and elderly folks - contact a crew member your muster drill will be held inside the

ship on deck 6 - in Dazzles or the Windjammer Bar for your assembly point or other location as designated by the crew. ...

Thank you for this additional information.

for Deck 11 Mini suites

1001-1015 Muster at Muater Station B on the port side

1201-1215 Muster at Muster Station A on the starboard side

Both of these stations are outside on deck 6 by the forward stairs. You may want to bring a cheap piar of ear plugs as the announcements at muster station A and B are very loud due to half of the muster station being underneath a low metal ceiling . It was so loud alot of passengers were covering thier ears. I used a sound level meter during a crew drill to record the sound level and found that it is 103 DbA. The Special need muster station Is in Dazzles on deck 6 . the crew with the blue vests on deck 6 can guide passengers that are unable to stand for long periods of time or are in wheelchairs there. If you go to Dazzles get there a bit early as it can fill up. Try to get a seat close to the door to the atrium as the 2 elevators facing Dazzles tend to be the least busiest on the ship. Your muster station will be printed on the front of your freestyle card, in the day 1 freestyle Daily and on the back of your stateroom door along with a map to your muster station. also be aware that the announcements are read out in 2 or 3 languages . the actual instructions go on for 20 min when done in 3 languages and about 14 min if done in 2 Languages. On My recent sun b2b one was 3 and one was 2 and were English German and Spanish on the first leg and English and German on the second

Edited by sergeant655