Flight to Windsor, Ontario

BlueHonu

We will be arriving on a cruise and I would like to know if we are safe to take an 11am flight. Vancouver to Toronto(45 min layover) to Windsor. We we live in Michigan, and I thought it would be easier to go through customs this way. We are planning on getting Nexus soon, since we cross the border often. TIA

I'll disagree with the above advice - for early flights it is ALWAYS easier on a domestic Canadian flight precisely because this avoids the sometimes lengthy delays at US preclearance.

OP - you can easily get to YVR in time for a domestic 11am flight, especially if you have NEXUS by then. I would suggest that you self-disembark or get one of the earliest disembarkation slots to play it safe, and figure out how to use SkyTrain so that if there are any delays with cabs you can still get to the airport in ~30mins end to end. Since you didn't say when you were cruising, there's a chance you'll be on one of our notorious three-ship-days which can mean lengthy waits for taxis if you are not among the first few folks off the ship - if you're the only ship in port you could be the last folks off and still make it to YVR in time, but with 2/3 ships in port queues can get long at the pier and at the airport.

I'll disagree with the above advice - for early flights it is ALWAYS easier on a domestic Canadian flight precisely because this avoids the sometimes lengthy delays at US preclearance.

OP - you can easily get to YVR in time for a domestic 11am flight, especially if you have NEXUS by then. I would suggest that you self-disembark or get one of the earliest disembarkation slots to play it safe, and figure out how to use SkyTrain so that if there are any delays with cabs you can still get to the airport in ~30mins end to end. Since you didn't say when you were cruising, there's a chance you'll be on one of our notorious three-ship-days which can mean lengthy waits for taxis if you are not among the first few folks off the ship - if you're the only ship in port you could be the last folks off and still make it to YVR in time, but with 2/3 ships in port queues can get long at the pier and at the airport.

We debark Sept 3 2018. DW doesn't want to take an extra day when returning due to work.

I figured I could bypass the chaos of immigration at the airport. Giving us a chance to make an 11am flight if we get moving in the morning.

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

We debark Sept 3 2018. DW doesn't want to take an extra day when returning due to work.

I figured I could bypass the chaos of immigration at the airport. Giving us a chance to make an 11am flight if we get moving in the morning.

Thanks for the input.

Draft port schedule shows 2 vessels, both decent size (NCL Jewel and Disney Wonder) - this may change but it's usually already pretty accurate on dates by the time it gets published, it's just exact port times that tend to alter. Since Disney is apparently arriving unusually early (5:45am) this means if you're on the Jewel that potentially most of the Disney pax could be off by the time the first NCL passenger sets foot on the gangplank - so taxis might already be at a premium. Learn the route to SkyTrain, have a Chip & PIN Visa or Master Card or Canadian cash to the tune of $4.10pp or more, and you won't need to worry about cabs.

Draft port schedule shows 2 vessels, both decent size (NCL Jewel and Disney Wonder) - this may change but it's usually already pretty accurate on dates by the time it gets published, it's just exact port times that tend to alter. Since Disney is apparently arriving unusually early (5:45am) this means if you're on the Jewel that potentially most of the Disney pax could be off by the time the first NCL passenger sets foot on the gangplank - so taxis might already be at a premium. Learn the route to SkyTrain, have a Chip & PIN Visa or Master Card or Canadian cash to the tune of $4.10pp or more, and you won't need to worry about cabs.
Thank you! We are on Jewel. Just what I was thinking. I was just wondering about time.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...