Adventure Review 12/16-12/23!

First of all Happy Holidays to everyone! I wanted to write a review because I found CC to be so helpful and the AOS thread to be a really good resource for any questions I might have. I also know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone's expectations are different. With that being said a little about my Husband and I. Were in our thirties, very hard working and we enjoy each and every vacation and cruise we go on. This was our third RCI cruise together and we were on a few when we were younger. I hope everyone enjoys my review. I have a lot of pictures on my regular camera and once I get them uploaded I will post a few of the days we were in port and some of the ship. I will also answer any questions the best I can and please try not to be critical or negative. Remember everyone has an opinion and this was my experience for the week. Booking: We booked this cruise while on the Allure last July. We were very excited to get to 5 islands, 4 were new for us.

Pre-cruise: As we all know, there was a lot of stress and uncertainty going into this cruise because of the storms. But I am happy everyone was able to enjoy this cruise as well as the other ones affected even though these areas had damage, like others have said, they are happy for the business to get things up and running.

Day before Departure: We had to drive to NJ so we could leave out of JFK because we were spending the holidays with our family close by. After a dreaded 9 hour drive which at its worst, should have taken us no more then 6, we get to NJ and a text comes in we are delayed an hour. We never fly in day of but we all know the hotel situation so 3 am came early to head to JFK.

Day of, Saturday: We left for the airport in 19 degree weather :o. Made it in no time with NO traffic which was awesome especially if you know the NY area. Checked in and went through security with no problems and decided to get some breakfast which was really good. We ate at the Palm Bar and Grill. Now it was just time to wait for our plane. I love people watching so being at the airport was fun. Also gives me something to keep my mind busy because I am not a fan of flying. We board the plane, Delta, which they were wonderful. The pilot let us know they needed their ten hour rest and thats why we were delayed. It was a good flight and 2 movies later. One new one, Going in Style. Cute movie!

SJU was easy to move through and the transfer from the ship was even easier. Glad we did it though RCI. Hubby and I sat up front and we saw some damage on our trip to the pier. Mind you Sandy hit 5 years ago in NJ and we know what damage looks like, but glad they are turning their city around. I know a lot work needs to be done but they are getting their.

The Pier. When we pulled in at around 2 ish, we saw a line and was like WOW, glad I didn't mention how easy check in was because it took us over an hour to even get in the building. Wasn't the smoothest check-in but could've been worse if it was super hot and or raining. We made it inside where it was even hotter in the building. I would say it took almost 2 hours from drop off to getting to our room. We were very happy to go right to our room. At this point we were exhausted and laid down before muster. Muster is at 5:30. We went to our muster drill and then to WJ to eat. DIdn't feel like getting dressed for the dining room. (I will just put the disclaimer out now, we are not "foodies" but we do enjoy a good meal and I worked in the restaurant business for 13 years.) The food was fine on the ship. Some better then others but more then happy with their options and the fact the staff makes sure you are happy. Came back to the room, showered and relaxed. Enjoyed sail away from our balcony, which this was our first one on the outside of the ship, we did one over the 2 different neighborhoods on our other ships. I was sad I missed the comedian, but we were way to tired to make it till 10 am and St. Kitts was the next day.

**I am going to try to get as much done tonight but I just got home after 2 weeks and there is much to do!!!

Ok so I was way to tired yesterday to continue! So Day 2, St. Kitts!! We did an excursion through the ship. We took a catamaran to snorkel and then they took us over to Nevis. The crew that was on the boat was amazing and we had a really great time. We enjoyed the ride to the area where we snorkeled. They gave us all our equipment. In the mean time they were making some delicious rum punch that we got to enjoy when we got back on the boat where we had a great lunch. We then went over to Nevis and enjoyed some beach time. There were a few small bars you could get drinks from. The weather wasn't super sunny so we decided to have a drink and wait till it was time to get back on the boat. I am a major beach girl so it was an easy decision because it wasn't sunny. The sun didn't come out till we were headed back to the ship where everyone enjoyed A LOT of rum punch. Safe to say, we got back to the boat and ate and needed some rest. We did this excursion because last year we toured St. Kitts, so we wanted to do something new. Tonight was formal night so we did not go because my husband only wears shorts, even in the winter. Yes I know there is a major debate but you know what we don't care what anyone else thinks, we paid for our cruise and we both get dressed each day for work so we just want to be comfortable. We are not a couple who likes to get super fancy so we just went to the WJ again. Side note, I have never seen so many people wear jeans to begin with to dinner. We were on My Time dining. This vacation was really to do as much as we wanted but also little. Didn't want to always have a commitment. Also because it is port intensive, it was just to ENJOY!!!!! The show was, Invitation to Dance. The singers on this ship did a great job. The dancers were good too but I really enjoyed the singers. Bed to early because we had another excursion in the am!

*We tried to go to the dinning room for breakfast each am because the WJ was very busy and hard to get a seat. I also struggle with rude people, yes I know its going to happen were on a cruise but I found my self a little more annoyed earlier in the trip. Granted it is the first time we left out of SJU!

Day 3, St. John, Antigua: We did a beach break through the ship. We met a nice couple who we hung with at the beach. We took a taxi to one of the 365 beaches on the Island. A part of me wants to go for a year and go to each and everyone. Maybe this could be a life goal!! Anyway, the water was beautiful, beach was nice and we had lunch at the restaurant. It was nice to have the chairs ready for us and we just paid for the umbrella. We enjoyed our day and lunch was ok, I am very picky when it comes to meat, so I was a little more hesitant but everything else was great. They gave you a coupon for 2 drinks, soft drinks or water. Glad we did this though the ship because it was a quiet beach, 20 min ride or so. Only thing I wasn't a fan of was them trying to sell you stuff. I get it, they want to make money but once you say No, NO means NO. Anyway, we headed back to the ship, got ready and went to my first CC meet-n-mingle. It was nice, fun to meet people on here but there was only 4 of us. Met some nice staff members. Daniel the activities manager, who was hilarious. This was our first time in the dining room for dinner. We had a great server and requested him for the rest of the cruise. I enjoyed how much everyone cared about your cruise and wanted to make sure you were happy. We have done the Allure and Oasis, so it was a nice change. We went to the tribute to the Eagles and the band did a great job. My husband and I love all types of music and enjoyed this. The only thing we did not enjoy was a the very rude women who would not shut up during the whole show. If you go to a show, enjoy the show, it's not a bar! There was a comedy show again but we were tired! Sad I missed it because I heard he was funny but this was also a vacation that we wanted to rest. My husband's job is very demanding and I am a teacher!

Day 4, Martinique: Today was our lazy, we slept late, ate, went to Next Cruise where we decided to book another cruise, The ABC islands. The major reason we did this is because we had a FCC from the few problems we had in our room, which were all fixed but we were inconvenienced a few times and not happy with the issues but they offered the FCC, so we weren't gonna turn it down. Like I said, I love the beach, so getting away next year during the cold season is up my alley even thought we want to do Alaska in 2019. We napped and then got ready for dinner. We did a few things tonight on the ship. I found the entrainment options were great. You could stay busy or just chill, thats what we enjoy the most. We went to the Millionaire show where both hosts were great. The questions were funny and so were the 2 guests who were part of the show. Karaoke was up next, we saw a few minutes and then headed to Jackpot. Again the singers were AMAZING! We then headed back to the Battle of the Sexes which was HILARIOUS! After that, back to the room to get ready for St. Lucia!!!!! Still working on the rest of our trip but laundry comes first. I have 4 out of 5 bags unpacked in less then a day so I am happy with it. Had to take one kitty to the vet this am, she wasn't happy with us not being here :o

All done, I think the title spelled out will be less confusing. Thanks.

I understand! Thanks. I am newer to CC, I love reading but don't post at much. I really wanted to do a review because I find it really helpful. Started reading the Freedom posts, not feeling the love for Freedom like Adventure. But hopefully that will change when it hits SJU!

I understand! Thanks. I am newer to CC, I love reading but don't post at much. I really wanted to do a review because I find it really helpful. Started reading the Freedom posts, not feeling the love for Freedom like Adventure. But hopefully that will change when it hits SJU!

It will be tough without Adventure in San Juan, she has been there so long, it's like an institution. Many will miss her in San Juan. We get one more shot on her there this coming March.

Hopefully I can get this done tonight. It has been nice remembering our cruise since the cold has taken over! Day 5, St. Lucia: I have always wanted to visit St. Lucia. Glad we finally did but out of 5 islands, tomorrow was my favorite but today, our excursion booked through Spencer was my favorite. Contacting Spencer Ambrose tours was easy and he was very nice to deal with. We did the Land, Sea and Beach. We got on one of their boats where we met another great family. Took a little ride to the town of Soulfiere (hope the spelling is right) anyway, we got off and went to the volcano. It was neat but very smelly! Then we went to a waterfall. Very pretty but I was ready for the beach where they served us lunch and had some rum punch but I decided not to indulge this time! They took us to a little beach by Sugar Beach resort. Small beach but beautiful clear water next to the pitons. The snorkeling was amazing and the fresh fruit smoothie we got from a local was AMAZING! After a nice time at the beach it was time to head back. They toured more of the islands by boat giving us great history and facts about the island they also stopped at certain places around the island. Showed us one resort that I can only dream of going to. Back to the ship where we relaxed from a busy day and went to dinner. It is amazing how having fun takes a lot out of you. We had another busy night of shows, the Ice Show which was good, the Adele show which was literally AMAZING. Amy Jo does a fantastic job. It was like you were really at a Adele show. Then we stayed for the Love and Marriage show which is always amusing. I would have loved to go dancing under the stars, but staying up late hasn't been easy this trip. Back to the room because our excursion got canceled so we are just playing it by year!

Day 6, Barbados: By far my favorite beach. After reading about things to do we decided just to beach it. We were going to one beach and heard everyone going to the Boatyard which I read about and I am glad we did. The beach and water were simply breathtaking. You know when you buy a beach calendar and think how awesome it would to be there, well this is one of those places. $20 a person to get in, includes chairs, umbrella, welcome drinks, bathrooms, snorkeling if you wanted, blow ups in the water and a ride back. Nice relaxing and enjoyable day. We could have eaten there but we waited till we got back to the ship. We decided to try Johnny Rockets just for a change. Was happy we did, just a change even though WJ has burgers. We used out bogo milkshake. We went back to the room and changed our dinner and relaxed. I sat on our balcony as we left this gorgeous island and closed my eyes. I love watching sunsets and it was the perfect time to do this. I overlooked that tonight was formal night. But we went to the dining room, enjoyed the lobster and my favorite, baked Alaska!!! I wait all week for this. During dinner we were asking if we wanted to do the Galley tour and he would give us a discount. We said sure! I was happy with the sun I got all week and was winging our sea day. We did the Quest which is always a good time. People are funny, especially when they have liquid courage.

Well I will finish my sea day, departure and final thoughts tomorrow.

Thought I was going to be more eager to finish this up but with NYE, LAUNDRY and going back to work it has taken me a little longer.

Day 7, Sea Day: We were actually really excited to just relax and go with the flow today. The 2 families we had met, we were hoping to run into them today. We knew we had to be at the Galley tour for 11 am. We were asked yesterday if we wanted to do this and they said 40% off so we did. My hubby wanted to do the tour of Allure and Oasis but $150 is totally crazy. Anyway, we waited to eat till our brunch. I love they gave you bubbly one you walked in and/or fruit punch. I enjoyed the fruit punch but when you mix it with bubbly even better. So they gave us a fact sheet which I really enjoyed, I like numbers. I can be that person to ask a question you would never think to ask. We did the tour and then sat to eat. We like to sit by our self to eat, not that we don't like to talk to people but sometimes it can be awkward like tomorrows breakfast, stay tuned. So we ordered our food. Select menu, I had the butternut squash soup which was by far the best soup I ever had, I had french toast and then the pumpkin cheesecake. French toast was the best I had on the ship, cheesecake sucked! So we went back to the room where I put my bathing suit on to go down the water slide once. I did this for my Aunt who loves water slides. It was fun to go over the ocean but I had to push my self along. Then I went to the pool where I ran into our new friends and sat with them. Husband went to explore, maybe gamble but in the end he didn't. He isn't a huge gambler but enjoys playing when were on the ships since we use to live so close to AC. Had 2 drinks, and never went in the pool because it was so nice out. I really enjoyed the pool side music! If I had maybe 2 more drinks, would have been dancing with everyone else. Finally decided to head to the room to get ready for dinner at Giovanni's.

Giovannis: This was the best meal we have had in awhile, on and off the ship! I am Italian and worked in a fine dining Italian restaurant for almost 10 years, so I am pretty picky but I am very happy to say we were very satisfied. I also love wine but want to make sure I like it so I asked for a taste and he bought a glass but in the end didn't charge me for it because I hadn't finished it but it was good, most Italian PG's are. I loved the bread presentation and my hubby loved the roasted garlic. They also gave us olives, but we don't eat them. We both had a mozzarella caprese. Delicious. I could eat this everyday! We then had a shared pasta of carbonara without the egg, it was good and could tell it was homemade pasta, I had a melt in your mouth filet and ate all of it. I usually never eat all my meal anywhere. My husband had the Osso Bucco. He tried this a few years ago because he is very picky and I said you will probably enjoy it and well now he does. For dessert, I had a canoli and got a scoop of tiramisu for my better half and he had the same but a bigger scoop. Only thing I will say, they should fill the canoli table side, it was a little soggy but it was a great dinner.

We decided to walk around a bit and realzing we didn't buy much, I decided to get some shirts! Then we headed back to the room to pack and getting ready for the end of a wonderful vacation! We headed to bed early so we could be up and ready to go. Glad we did because this was the worst night and am for noise. I get everyone has to get off the ship but starting at 5:30 am wasnt fun.

We made sure we had enough time to get going in the am but everything was packed, triple checked and ready to go.

We went to the main dinning room since we had our carryons. We couldn't sit by our self but we sat with 2 other couples. One was young from CA and not the easiest people to talk to and other older from OK. We ended up spending the rest of the day with them and even lunch at the airport. We then waited in the theater to get off. This was the first time we waited because of our late flight. It really wasn't bad at all. Getting our luggage was even easier, customs and getting our shuttle to the plane! I read taking the shuttle sucks because you wait for your luggage but we were the last ones on the shuttle so our luggage was out first. Got to the counter to be turned away to go through the agricultural line, wish we knew a head of time but took a few minutes to head back to counter to get our boarding passes. I don't rembeber the exact times but it wasn't to long to go through security. We then went to the store to get my mom a tooth pick holder, her thing, and waited to lunch at Margaritaville! It was good, I had quesadillas and hubby a burger. We had great company! Then went right to boarding the plane and headed back to JFK!! :(

Flight was good, watched 2 movies, Atomic Blonde and Home Again! I enjoyed both. It wasn't super cold but I was missing the palm trees. I was still in my flip flops. Again our luggage was first out! Now back to driving home to see family and get ready for the Holidays!!!!!

Ok so I was way to tired yesterday to continue! So Day 2, St. Kitts!! We did an excursion through the ship. We took a catamaran to snorkel and then they took us over to Nevis. The crew that was on the boat was amazing and we had a really great time.

I'm glad to hear this. As a rule, I am not a fan of Royal's excursions, but I did this one in 2014 and it was one of the best Royal Excursions I've done.

I'm glad to hear this. As a rule, I am not a fan of Royal's excursions, but I did this one in 2014 and it was one of the best Royal Excursions I've done.

We were really happy with it. I get nervous not doing it with RCI but starting to venture out more after finding cc and all the tips.

• 2 weeks later...