Sunshine vs Magic

natlteam10

We are starting to plan our 2018 family cruise. We are looking at either the Sunshine 8 day or the Magic 7 day. The port are the same. We would like your opinion on the 2 different ships. I know the Magic is newer, but the Sunshine itineraries have an extra day.

Also, my family and I love to spend ALOT of time in the sports bar when we have cruised on the Freedom. I know the Magic doesn't have a sports bar...The Magic is a little cheaper, but not enough to factor into our decision.

What are your thoughts and why?

I like the Dream class ships...Been on the Breeze (sister ship of Magic and Dream) and we really liked the ship and the promenade deck which offered outside seating for eating and drinking and hot tubs too.... Sunshine was remodeled/refurnished (Used to be the Destiny) and seems more crowded in my opinion. Being a smaller ship and also cramming in additional cabins and public spaces along with an expanded Serinity area...eats up alot of space. Liked the ship when it was the Destiny...doesn't appeal to me now with the changes

We haven't been on the Magic, but have been on the Sunshine and the Breeze. We enjoyed both. For some reason we really like Sunshine better and will be back on her soon for our platinum and first B2B.

I'd go for the 8 day just to get more out of my travel dollars since I fly.

Good luck!