Ventura in the BoB Decamber 2017

CCFC

Now in the good old days, on a proper liner, there would be fiddles on the edges of the tables. Ropes up the stairs. I have been on a 15,000 ton ship in a Force 11 and although it was very rough, things did not fall off the tables. These big blocks of flats are not made for this weather. Me, err, another glass of wine I think!

Goosebear belief me it was bad I was on the ship when it happened.

Unlike a storm where the ship bobs or sways from side to side the winds pushed the ship over on it's side and stayed there for a good 20 maybe even 30 minutes.

We had 3 captains messages in the cabin. This is where we were when it happened. I almost rolled out of the bed we listed so much. The curtains were hanging at an angle from the balcony door, we half expected the chairs and table on the balcony to end up next to the door and window ( they didn't and stayed put). We lay on the bed watching things roll off the work tops and the suitcases fell off the wardrobe shelf.

For me it was better to ride it out in the room, Hubby tried to stand up and he struggled to stay up right. He was more worried than I was, so much he got dressed just in case Muster was called. It wasn't.

In the morning we spoke to our steward and he said in all his 14 years at sea he had Never experienced anything like it. The captain said something pretty much the same.

The return was a complete opposite it was a mill pond.

We heard so many stories each night it was going to be a cruise to remember for a lot of people.

One story was 100 people booked return flights from Ibiza to fly home rather than risk the same thing happening again.

These had to rearranged as we didn't get to dock in Ibiza due again to high winds so they got off in Gibraltar.

The clips in the dinning room don't show how bad it was just more the aftermath.

Hi Minikiss - we were also in bed - I woke up when a glass of water on the bedside table hit me full-on - went all over me, I got up, fell and rolled into balcony door. The noise the ship was making was shocking - very, very, frightening experience and a lot of injuries apparently. Many flew home from first port and also from last port before Southampton not wanting to experience the Bay again.

I thought at the time that there must have been some damage to the ship. Not surprised repairs required in the Caribbean. The ship groaned all night - horrible!!

Wonder if the noro has been controlled - gone on since mid-November!! Too soon to tell though. If they continue to neglect hygiene, then noro will keep rearing its ugly head!!