A record of onboard prices

Eglesbrech

So why are you wasting your precious time posting a reply then?

To each their own,

I totally agree and as your thread was asking to post prices most of us try to do that.

I am on Ventura at the end of August and will have no problem posting photos of drinks pricelists.

I appreciate the posting of the current/recent prices of drinks on P&O. Not been back that long from our last cruise but couldn't remember all the prices of those drinks we tend to buy and never bothered to take any pics - maybe I will in future.

If you have no interest in the price of drinks on a cruise then fine, but as others have said, why bother to post.

Historic prices can also be useful and interesting. How are prices changing relative to inflation?

I have no wish to start yet another thread on gratuities but would hazard a guess that drink prices have increased far less over the past couple of years than auto gratuities.

If they roll out the new drinks package scheduled to start on Azura tomorrow fleetwide, I won't be tempted on future cruises, £50 per day between us is our average spend, so pitched far too high for us.

Maybe you are tempted to try Cunard. Maybe you won’t when you see their prices. More or less double that of P&O. Especially the wine which is completely stupidly over the top prices.

So if you like a drink or three stay with P&O.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe you are tempted to try Cunard. Maybe you won’t when you see their prices. More or less double that of P&O. Especially the wine which is completely stupidly over the top prices.

Agree totally, Cunard prices are really silly. It’s probably the highest bar bills we have had on a cruise for the least amount of wine!

P&O are reasonable and at least comparable with hotel prices, at the moment anyway.

• Like 1

Sorry but their is more to my cruises than alcohol and dont pick my cruise line just because they have cheap drink prices. For how much I drink the price is negligible and think the whole cruise package on Cunard is far superior than on P&O and worth every penny extra. The same drinks we have on Cunard might cost over the whole cruise £50 more than what I would pay on P&O so is not worth spending thousands on an inferior cruise just to save £50.

• Like 1

sorry but their is more to my cruises than alcohol and dont pick my cruise line just because they have cheap drink prices. For how much i drink the price is negligible and think the whole cruise package on cunard is far superior than on p&o and worth every penny extra. The same drinks we have on cunard might cost over the whole cruise £50 more than what i would pay on p&o so is not worth spending thousands on an inferior cruise just to save £50.

:):rolleyes::D

Edited by cyprus1959

Sorry but their is more to my cruises than alcohol and dont pick my cruise line just because they have cheap drink prices. For how much I drink the price is negligible and think the whole cruise package on Cunard is far superior than on P&O and worth every penny extra. The same drinks we have on Cunard might cost over the whole cruise £50 more than what I would pay on P&O so is not worth spending thousands on an inferior cruise just to save £50.

No I expect most people don’t pick their cruises on that basis. If the did then the AI on Fred is probably the best bet at just £15pppn 😀.

Cunard is still better but not as much better as it once was imo. The food in grills has gone way down market compared to the almost open menu you used to have there. I still think they over charge for their drinks but, as you say, it does not stop me booking with them or other better lines.

• Like 1

Just off Azura last week. Prices were around 5% more than the Ventura prices posted . Would be interesting to see where they go in the com8ng months. I would expect to see further rises to make the new drinks package more attractive.

Attached Britannia in room drinks B820 15th July 2018.

Am I correct in saying that the room service drinks prices are slightly higher than one would pay if ordering the same drink from an on board bar.

Am I correct in saying that the room service drinks prices are slightly higher than one would pay if ordering the same drink from an on board bar.

Have a bag full of receipts here !. Zinfandel west coast swing... same price as in room, £17.95 in Sindhu, Epicurian, Glass House, Beach house and Blue bar... the Mrs's favourite !

Sorry but I have better things to do on my cruises than take photos, notes of drink prices and have no interest in what they cost in 2010, 2005 or 2000. Life is too short and go on cruises to enjoy not worrying about price increases what items everywhere havent increased in last 5, 10 or 15 yrs.

:'):'):'):'):'):')

To help a fellow CC member surely taking a photo of a price list and posting it on this thread is an easy thing to do and not a problem.

Just checked the price of my favourite on board beer "Old Speckled Hen" and according to the room service price list its £4.15.

It used to be £3.95 as per the Oceana June 2018 price list posted earlier in this thread.

That's why I queried in a previous post if the room service prices are slightly higher than the on board bar prices.

Also, according to the room service price list I see it's listed as Gluten Free.

I didn't know that.:confused:

Edited by P-L-B

To help a fellow CC member surely taking a photo of a price list and posting it on this thread is an easy thing to do and not a problem.

Couldn’t agree more. Otherwise, what is the point of these forums? I just found the response so funny and pointless!

Just checked the price of my favourite on board beer "Old Speckled Hen" and according to the room service price list its £4.15.

It used to be £3.95 as per the Oceana June 2018 price list posted earlier in this thread.

That's why I queried in a previous post if the room service prices are slightly higher than the on board bar prices.

Also, according to the room service price list I see it's listed as Gluten Free.

Room service "Hen" and "estrella" are both gluten free versions, propbably expalins price difference ?

hen.thumb.jpg.66da34318a8816fb507b4fa5091feaba.jpg

Old Speckled Hen is my drink on board too.

They must put a small fee on room service drinks or maybe the general price has gone up.

We have a short cruise on Ventura soon so I will post a photo then.

Room service "Hen" and "estrella" are both gluten free versions, propbably expalins price difference ?

Thank you, ok as you say the Gluten free option may the reason for the price increase.

Old Speckled Hen is my drink on board too.

They must put a small fee on room service drinks or maybe the general price has gone up.

We have a short cruise on Ventura soon so I will post a photo then.

Yes, I remember you mentioned in one of your previous posts that Speckled Hen is your on board drink.

Same here. :beer-toast:

It looks like the normal Speckled Hen is not listed in the room service menu only the Gluten free option.