Would a Review on the 6-night Rhapsody out of Venice be useful?

Hello fellow cruisers,

I just returned from Europe where we sailed the 6-night cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas out of Venice. We called at Split, Croatia, Athens, Greece and Katakolon (Olympia), Greece.

Just wondering if a review might be useful for anyone? I usually try and do detailed photo reviews (you can see the links of previous ones in my signature), but before I spend too much time on it, I thought I'd ask here!

I just did an 8 day cruise in June on rhapsody with 3 days in Venice pre cruise. We had a fantastic time so would be very interested in your thoughts also. Our ports were Venice , Split , Corfu , Crete , Santorini , Athens , Katakalon. Busy schedule!

If anyone has any questions I can help with also please feel free to ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just did an 8 day cruise in June on rhapsody with 3 days in Venice pre cruise. We had a fantastic time so would be very interested in your thoughts also. Our ports were Venice , Split , Corfu , Crete , Santorini , Athens , Katakalon. Busy schedule!

If anyone has any questions I can help with also please feel free to ask.

We are spending three days in Venice too. I was there years ago on a land trip, so I would welcome any suggestions for Venice. How did you find the embarking and debarking to be? Also, do you have any recommendations for activities on the ship? I already plan on attending the trivias and am doing the sushi class since I really enjoyed the one on the Anthem. So I was wondering if there was any other activities you found to be worthwhile. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

We rented an apartment and spent three nights in Venice pre-cruise, so I will try and write an extensive review, including our time in Venice.

I probably won't get the opportunity to start my review until the weekend (I'm solo parenting this week and still fighting jet lag), but when I do, I'll post the link here!

Spoiler alert: we loved the ports and had a great time!

Hello fellow cruisers,

I just returned from Europe where we sailed the 6-night cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas out of Venice. We called at Split, Croatia, Athens, Greece and Katakolon (Olympia), Greece.

Just wondering if a review might be useful for anyone? I usually try and do detailed photo reviews (you can see the links of previous ones in my signature), but before I spend too much time on it, I thought I'd ask here!

I know I will read it and it will help me with future cruise choices.

We are spending three days in Venice too. I was there years ago on a land trip, so I would welcome any suggestions for Venice. How did you find the embarking and debarking to be? Also, do you have any recommendations for activities on the ship? I already plan on attending the trivias and am doing the sushi class since I really enjoyed the one on the Anthem. So I was wondering if there was any other activities you found to be worthwhile. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed in the Palazzo Vitturi hotel which turned out to be a great choice in terms of location - set in a small square , so quiet but close to both st. Marks square and Rialto bridge. Highlights of Venice were a gondola ride (€80 ) but so worth it and we went to Murano which was so peaceful compared to Venice which is rather overrun with tourists! Venice at night is great - much quieter and great atmosphere . Take some time and get lost - just walk the small back streets - great fun! You will find better , cheaper food the further you go into the back streets.

We took a private water taxi to the ship on embarkation day and it was great - let us off right at the pier where our luggage was instantly taken by porters . Embarkation was very quick (we were in a suite so had access to the suite line ) - there was rather a long queue at the regular checkin desks but it was moving very fast. We had a taxi booked to the airport on disembarkation which turned up exactly on time and we were at the airport in about 20mins. There is no self carry off facility on this particular cruise but all luggage was waiting for us when we disembarked at 8am.

We really enjoyed rhapsody - this was the smallest ship we have been on to date so wasn't sure what to expect but had a fab time. The staff were amazing - about the best crew we have yet come across. We didn't care much for the shows to be honest but the music in the various venues was brilliant - especially in the centrum. Karaoke in the shall we dance lounge was also good. We weren't really looking for activities as such because the itinerary was so busy (1 sea day in an 8 day cruise) that we just relaxed on our balcony for a few hours after coming back from the various ports and before dinner. We found the MDR food to be very good , helped by an excellent waiter / assistant waiter team and a brilliant head waiter who looked after my wife's gluten free needs so well. We did chops grille one night and it was amazing - possibly the best chops meal we have had on any RC ship.

Highlights of ports for us were Santorini and Athens.

Hope something here helps!

We stayed in the Palazzo Vitturi hotel which turned out to be a great choice in terms of location - set in a small square , so quiet but close to both st. Marks square and Rialto bridge. Highlights of Venice were a gondola ride (€80 ) but so worth it and we went to Murano which was so peaceful compared to Venice which is rather overrun with tourists! Venice at night is great - much quieter and great atmosphere . Take some time and get lost - just walk the small back streets - great fun! You will find better , cheaper food the further you go into the back streets.

We took a private water taxi to the ship on embarkation day and it was great - let us off right at the pier where our luggage was instantly taken by porters . Embarkation was very quick (we were in a suite so had access to the suite line ) - there was rather a long queue at the regular checkin desks but it was moving very fast. We had a taxi booked to the airport on disembarkation which turned up exactly on time and we were at the airport in about 20mins. There is no self carry off facility on this particular cruise but all luggage was waiting for us when we disembarked at 8am.

We really enjoyed rhapsody - this was the smallest ship we have been on to date so wasn't sure what to expect but had a fab time. The staff were amazing - about the best crew we have yet come across. We didn't care much for the shows to be honest but the music in the various venues was brilliant - especially in the centrum. Karaoke in the shall we dance lounge was also good. We weren't really looking for activities as such because the itinerary was so busy (1 sea day in an 8 day cruise) that we just relaxed on our balcony for a few hours after coming back from the various ports and before dinner. We found the MDR food to be very good , helped by an excellent waiter / assistant waiter team and a brilliant head waiter who looked after my wife's gluten free needs so well. We did chops grille one night and it was amazing - possibly the best chops meal we have had on any RC ship.

Thank you! It certainly does!

Angelinaxoxo1 tell me your secret to having a taxi there waiting for you please.

Also were there two formal nights?

Did you book any private tours or did you go with ship excursions?

Thanks in advance!

Angelinaxoxo1 tell me your secret to having a taxi there waiting for you please.

Also were there two formal nights?

Thanks in advance!

Lots of Land based Taxis there to meet the ship, for a quick ride to the airport, we did this as year and will again next year.

Enjoy

We booked ahead with Trevisio Car service - Marta responded promptly; tvcarservice@gmail.com <tvcarservice@gmail.com>

Also were there two formal nights? We were on the 7 night cruise (Dubroknik, Kotor, Santorini,...) and there were two "formal" nights

Thanks in advance!

We toured independently everywhere except for Katakolon. Have a great cruise!

We disembarked from Rhapsody yesterday morning and did the self-assist. The customer service desk told us it’s available but not advertised as an option.

We disembarked from Rhapsody yesterday morning and did the self-assist. The customer service desk told us it’s available but not advertised as an option.

We were not aware of that - useful info for those on the future cruises.