Celebrity Reflection-Family Celebration and cabin choices

Europeantraveler1

Hello! In 2020 we will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and would like to treat our family to either a “Western” or “Eastern” Mediterranean cruise on the Reflection (our first time cruising on Celebrity cruiseline). We have cruised on several lines and our favorite, so far, is the beautiful HAL’s Konningsdam. This Feb. we will be trying out Oceania’s Riviera! BUT, our grandsons will be 14 and 16 in 2020 and we thought the Celebrity might be geared more to a younger, adult crowd and also offer a little bit more for the boys to do than the other lines we’ve grown to appreciate.

My question is......does the Reflection have any suites with two bathrooms that would accommodate my daughter/husband and their two sons a little more comfortably? Keeping the cost in mind....we even thought why not secure an interior cabin for the boys and then across the hall, a balcony cabin for my daughter/husband. We have one more (single) daughter so we are talking accomodations for seven people and of course, want to get the most bang out of our buck.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello! In 2020 we will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and would like to treat our family to either a “Western” or “Eastern” Mediterranean cruise on the Reflection (our first time cruising on Celebrity cruiseline). We have cruised on several lines and our favorite, so far, is the beautiful HAL’s Konningsdam. This Feb. we will be trying out Oceania’s Riviera! BUT, our grandsons will be 14 and 16 in 2020 and we thought the Celebrity might be geared more to a younger, adult crowd and also offer a little bit more for the boys to do than the other lines we’ve grown to appreciate.

My question is......does the Reflection have any suites with two bathrooms that would accommodate my daughter/husband and their two sons a little more comfortably? Keeping the cost in mind....we even thought why not secure an interior cabin for the boys and then across the hall, a balcony cabin for my daughter/husband. We have one more (single) daughter so we are talking accomodations for seven people and of course, want to get the most bang out of our buck.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm not sure there'd be much on the Reflection that would interest teen boys. You might want to look into one of the large family suites on RCI. Those have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sofabed in the living room, and a huge balcony. Sleep 6 easy. And there's tons more for the boys - rock climbing wall, mini golf, flowriders, etc.

The older ships would be reasonable. We took our son and his wife and son for a Christmas/birthday/anniversary present one year. It was not a bad price, all things considered.

I'm not sure there'd be much on the Reflection that would interest teen boys. You might want to look into one of the large family suites on RCI. Those have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sofabed in the living room, and a huge balcony. Sleep 6 easy. And there's tons more for the boys - rock climbing wall, mini golf, flowriders, etc.

The older ships would be reasonable. We took our son and his wife and son for a Christmas/birthday/anniversary present one year. It was not a bad price, all things considered.

I was thinking much the same thing. Celebrity is definitely not geared towards teens any more than HAL. RCI would be a much better choice.

RC have a range of rooms far more geared to families. On the Freedom class the Royal family suite, for example, and on Oasis class I would recommend the Aqua theatre suite.

On Celebrity the RS is great for two little ones who can share a sofa bed or one older child or adult but not two teens...not really enough space for a fold away and the second bathroom is just toilet and shower...That leaves the PH on the S or M class or Reflection suite on Reflection. This could work for all of you ( 4 adults in the two bed rooms, teens one in the sofa bed and one on a roll out). Financially for 6 of you this may not be much more than 3 separate rooms if you add in the perk value...worth doing some sums!

Suggest you do some browsing of categories and also ship facilities on Celebrity and Royal. Whatever you choose have a great family vacation!

Thanks for all the answers! I have been contemplating the Edge, also. Our grandsons are quite laid-back and unassuming. They won’t mind if there aren’t zip-lines; water park slides; and 24/7 “teen-time” options. It all depends.....if we have ‘sea’ days or if the itinerary has us visiting a port each day. If we choose the lengthier cruise, then it might be nice for them to have those extras. My husband and I are used to the smaller, more intimate ships so going to a ‘mega’ ship will be something we’ll have to weigh with the pros and cons and seriously consider as an option for our entire family.

We sailed on the Reflection last year with our teenage daughter for the Italy/Greece cruise and will be back on it again next summer. She was 14 last year and had a great time. She is also not bothered about zip lines, rock climbing walls (and the queues that go with them). She made loads of friends on board and is still in touch with quite a few of them.

The summer med cruises tend to have more teens on board. They went to the teen club the first night to meet people and then generally after that did their own thing.

You may have to wait and see which Celebrity ships will actually be sailing in the Med that year though. It is all change for 2019 so could change again for 2020.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh this is encouraging! THank you for taking the time to send your experiences on the Reflection cruise!! We are checking with my daughter on what time of the year is going to work out best for the boys as they will both be in high school that year. So we’d be cruising either at the beginning of the school year in Sept. or near the end around June. The year 2020 will be here before we know it!! I noticed Regal is already posting cruises for that year!!!