Westerdam --- Tendering

Any photos of the wheelchair lift the Westerdam has ??? Thanks.

There used to be a video on HAL's website after clicking on "Accessibility" in the bottom left corner of the main page. Not certan if it's still there but would check that first.

Helpful info but no video ----

Having been to Tahiti and Hawaii, sounds like a wonderful cruise. Be sure to come back and tell us all about it and the accessibility on the Westerdam (lift). We were on it when it was brand new and I don't remember a lift. Vicki

my daughter has a very disabled son. He is confined to a wheelchair all the time. Cannot eat by mouth fed tube in tummy and sleeps in his chair. They are on their first cruise with RCL. And have had trouble getting on excisions as he has to be in his chair and it is too big vfor the shuttle buses. it has cost them nearly £300 to transfer from Palma airport to the ship. I hope everything goes well for them on this cruise as it might be the start of a new way of travel for them.They take him away every chance they can but as he is now in his twenties and they are older it's getting much harder. I wonder if any other cruisers have had their experience ? And what cruise lines would be better for them.?

I would highly recommend princess cruises for fantastic accessibility for people in all kinds of wheelchairs, they have always taken good care of me and been very respectful to me, my caregiver and my my power wheelchair

thank you to the two cruises who have sent in suggestions I will pass it on to my daughter. I have had a e.mail and they are enjoying there cruise and my grandson has made lots of friends.so this might be the start of anew adventure for him.

My husband and I have been on Maasdam last year. my husband is paraplegic, so he cannot walk or stand. We asked HAL about tendering and everything seemed fine until we were in the tender port. First they refused to carry my husband down like other cruise lines do and after I asked for the lift which should be there they didn't know anything about this. Security told me that they don't have a lifter and also that they never like to tender people who are not able to walk down by themselves. We never book HAL again.

FYI Oceania Marina is the first ship we had which has regular elevators down to the tender boat.

My husband and I have been on Maasdam last year. my husband is paraplegic, so he cannot walk or stand. We asked HAL about tendering and everything seemed fine until we were in the tender port. First they refused to carry my husband down like other cruise lines do and after I asked for the lift which should be there they didn't know anything about this. Security told me that they don't have a lifter and also that they never like to tender people who are not able to walk down by themselves. We never book HAL again.

FYI Oceania Marina is the first ship we had which has regular elevators down to the tender boat.

Given that only the HAL Prisendam does not have a tender wheelchair lift, I would have gone directly to the Captain as it seems that security personnel just didn't want to be bothered. Also the Captain makes all the final decisions not the security personnel.

Archived