Maasdam New England and Suites

F22mom

My 2 sisters and I are planning the New England Cruise next summer. We will probably start in Boston with an extra day in Boston and maybe an extra day in Montreal. Questions.

Is it worth seeing Montreal? what is there to see in Montreal. We have been to Boston.I have lived there temporary once and I think my other sisters have not seen all of Boston. But they are anxious to see more of Boston than Montreal. but then again.... Another question is that i was thinking the suite would be better than one have to pay a room by themselves. Has anyone had a suite. Is it just one large room or there are separate rooms. We don't like being in the same bed so we would have to have 3 beds. What do you think?

What did you see when you went on this cruise? One sister is a lighthouse buff the other likes shopping. I would like to do both and see the countrysides. Any thoughts?

Are you talking Neptune Suites?

There is nothing to separate the main beds from the sofa bed in the sitting part of the cabin -- it all one big area. The King size bed you can request to be made into twin beds.

We stayed in Montreal one for 4 days after a cruise. We did several excursions from the hotel and also walked the underground for tons of shops and restaurants. Saw churches, countryside, etc.

Montreal is beautiful with a lot of character - especially Old Montreal. It's not that far from the cruise port IIRC.

Montreal is definitely worth seeing.

KK's info on the Neptune Suites is spot on.

Maasdam's Neptune Suites and verandahs are larger than the newer ships.

That's a great itinerary. Enjoy :)

Montreal is GORGEOUS! I would love to be going with you. :D We've been there three times, before and after cruises, and we love that city. Here is a link to some pictures I took before a cruise that left Montreal on the Maasdam (

). There are quite a few Montreal pictures in there as well as from Quebec City, PEI, Sydney and Halifax.

You're going to have a terrific cruise.

Montreal is the second largest French-speaking city on earth. Lots to see and do there.

But I'd rather spend three days in Quebec City...

Exactly - Montreal is an attractive, fairly modern city, but Quebec is a beautiful, one of a kind city - much of it hundreds of years old, and lovingly maintained.

thanks so much for all your posts. keep them coming. Especially on the Montreal. I definitely have to look at the pictures. We decided to 3 separate cabins. We all want our privacy. lol. pretty excited about the itinerary. :cool:

We were on the Maasdam in June, Boston to Montreal. I can't say enough good things about the city and the people. Don't believe that they are rude if you can't speak french. We were there for three nights and could have stayed longer. Check some of the travel sights for downloadable guides on Montreal..

Also loved Boston for the three nights that we visited prior to our cruise. We did not think we would really like the cruise and went because we love the Maasdam (all the older ships as well). Very, very pleasantly surprised about the cruise and the ports. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

My wife and I were in Neptune Suite 023 last August. You might want to take a look at the pictures she took for her website at the link below. I think the three of you would be comfortable. There is a separate dressing area that she really enjoyed using. Happy cruising!

Maasdam Neptune Suite 023

Thank you so much Jim for your wife's outstanding photos !!!!

We will be in that Neptune suite for our month cruise (Inca Empires)!!! Loved the pics

PS Happy Anniversary too

Denise:)

Thank you so much Jim for your wife's outstanding photos !!!!

We will be in that Neptune suite for our month cruise (Inca Empires)!!! Loved the pics

PS Happy Anniversary too

Denise:)

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed seeing her pictures. I will let her know. Happy Travels! [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Are you aware that HAL charges 200% for a solo cruiser in a Cabin?

I have been traveling solo since my husband passed and I have never paid 200% (100% more than double) for a cabin. It is more than a double but less than I would have paid for the two of us. I believe it comes out to around 50% more, but if you like your privacy and don't want to share it is worth it.

I just did the Maasdam New England/Montreal cruise and it was not that expensive. I did a guarantee cabin and got Cabin 420 which was an ocean view at the aft of the ship. The cabin was one of the largest I have been in since I have been traveling with HAL and I would book it again.