Trivia?

electroguy

My wife and I have been on a lot of cruises, but not on Celebrity. We have enjoyed the trivia offered on other cruises and wonder if Celebrity offers daily trivia. We also like the other various (non pool area) games on Princess, Norwegian, etc. How does Celebrity compare? We are interested in trying a cruise on the Silhouette, but don't know if they offer the kind of entertainment we enjoy. Any help is appreciated.

How much trivia you get depends on the cruise. I've seen days with 4 or 5 trivia sessions and days with one. I've been on ships where they had to move venues because trivia was so popular, and others where it struggled to attract a dozen players.

In general I find that Celebrity dedicates less resources to trivia than on Royal for instance, but even though we are big trivia buffs we have never had anything to complain about. Celebrity is also a little less focused on games in general (scavenger hunt etc) but you will usually find there are enough game-type activities to keep you occupied.

On Celebrity Eclipse in September, the only trivia worth attending were -

• Eddy's Tricky Trivia, presented by the cruise director Eddy Jenkins; and
  • the music trivia.

Eddy is very entertaining, and knows his stuff, whereas the other members of the entertainment crew are just reading the answers off a card, and look blank if anyone dares to seek clarification.

On Celebrity Eclipse in September, the only trivia worth attending were -

• Eddy's Tricky Trivia, presented by the cruise director Eddy Jenkins; and
  • the music trivia.

Eddy is very entertaining, and knows his stuff, whereas the other members of the entertainment crew are just reading the answers off a card, and look blank if anyone dares to seek clarification.

I agreed that the music trivias are the most fun. The general knowledge trivias are frequently by some individuals who have been on the ship for many weeks and know which questions will be posed. I cannot figure out why they come week upon week.

I agreed that the music trivias are the most fun. The general knowledge trivias are frequently by some individuals who have been on the ship for many weeks and know which questions will be posed. I cannot figure out why they come week upon week.

I have been at a game where another team had a notebook full of answers and was looking them up. They scored perfect scores for every round. Annoying, to say the least, considering our team only missed one question to put us in second place, and we were actually using our brains. We were having a friendly chat with the activities person before and after the game and didn't even mention it, but as she was gathering her stuff to leave, she brought over the basket of trinkets and told us to take what we wanted. At that time, the prizes were just Celebrity-branded items like keychains and playing cards so I cannot imagine why the other people would get satisfaction in "beating" anyone by using an answer book. :rolleyes:

On Equinox recently there were three trivias per day; 1 in the am, and 2 in the afternoon, with the first in the afternoon a music trivia.

We’ve been on b2b sailings, and the 2nd week, we let the moderator jknowwe’ve heard the questions, & they will mix up the trivias. Its amazing that people cheat in order to win a key chain!

On Equinox recently there were three trivias per day; 1 in the am, and 2 in the afternoon, with the first in the afternoon a music trivia.

We’ve been on b2b sailings, and the 2nd week, we let the moderator jknowwe’ve heard the questions, & they will mix up the trivias. Its amazing that people cheat in order to win a key chain!

This one couple who won every general information trivia contest had been on the ship for many weeks. It was interesting that when the DJ did a difficult music trivia contest, this couple walked out in the middle as they probably were not going to win. All kinds out there.

• 3 months later...

Might be doing my first Celebrity cruise soon. I am curious because I saw some previous programs from last year but does Celebrity just do some sort of Morning and late evening Music Trivia?

I'm more of a Movies, or specific Music genre (Like 80s, Movie Score trivia).

Sorry for the bump but if anyone knows.

Might be doing my first Celebrity cruise soon. I am curious because I saw some previous programs from last year but does Celebrity just do some sort of Morning and late evening Music Trivia?

I'm more of a Movies, or specific Music genre (Like 80s, Movie Score trivia).

Sorry for the bump but if anyone knows.

Well, all of the cruises we've been on have never had a 'late night' trivia. As was mentioned, trivia usually has a morning one (usually at 10), and at least 1 or 2 more in the afternoon/early evening (2,4 PM) and an occasional trivia at 9 in a public area where it is like a game show. Usually the AM is general trivia and the afternoon are a mixture of music/general/tri-bond/identify pictures/movie...you get the picture. And my experience is that the music is either genre or decade. Movies and music are my favorites also.

I don't know if it is every X ship, but they seem to have discontinued Progressive Trivia. sadly.

We love trivia but have noticed that it just isn't the same as it used to be. It seems like many of the staff that lead it are not big fans of trivia. The questions prove that! Plus we used to win a boatload of trinkets that we could never use in a lifetime. This past 12 night yielded 2 decks of cards and something small that I can't remember. Lame.

Progressive trivia was definitely still

a thing on Infinity in January. A lot of fun and a way to meet new people as my husband doesn’t play and I teamed up with new folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Progressive trivia was definitely still

a thing on Infinity in January. A lot of fun and a way to meet new people as my husband doesn’t play and I teamed up with new folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news!

We just played it on Oasis and realized how much we missed playing.

It is a great way to meet new people.

Well, all of the cruises we've been on have never had a 'late night' trivia. As was mentioned, trivia usually has a morning one (usually at 10), and at least 1 or 2 more in the afternoon/early evening (2,4 PM) and an occasional trivia at 9 in a public area where it is like a game show. Usually the AM is general trivia and the afternoon are a mixture of music/general/tri-bond/identify pictures/movie...you get the picture. And my experience is that the music is either genre or decade. Movies and music are my favorites also.

I don't know if it is every X ship, but they seem to have discontinued Progressive Trivia. sadly.

We love trivia but have noticed that it just isn't the same as it used to be. It seems like many of the staff that lead it are not big fans of trivia. The questions prove that! Plus we used to win a boatload of trinkets that we could never use in a lifetime. This past 12 night yielded 2 decks of cards and something small that I can't remember. Lame.

Thank you.

The last cruise we went on was a HAL for 2 weeks and the trivia was definitely catering to a much older crowd. It took 5 of us together just to win something on the last day.

why do so many adults cheat?? Last cruise we checked our own answers and the group beside us wrote answers in that they missed and marked then as right .. then they won fist place . Ruins it for others

I have no idea. But it sure does make you wonder about people, doesn't it!

All of the progressive trivia we have played have been on sea days. And the suspense sure does build up on a 14 night cruise!

why do so many adults cheat?? Last cruise we checked our own answers and the group beside us wrote answers in that they missed and marked then as right .. then they won fist place . Ruins it for others

The same reason they break in line in front of you. Why they load up on food in the buffet. Why they hog the chairs by the pool. A lot of classless people on a cruise.