Compliments to Princess EZAir

StknCPA

My mother in law is onboard a cruise right now--left from Los Angeles last weekend. But, the night before her departure was a bit unsettling to her daugher and I.

I checked her flight status using my travel app at 8:30 before she went to bed. All looked fine, and I assured her of that. But, when I checked again at midnight, her flight showed as cancelled! (Flights were being cancelled at SFO due to the fires.)

I checked the airline website, and it confirmed canceled. It also showed her as already booked on another flight--a late afternoon flight that departed SFO after the time the ship was to leave. Not going to work.

I began to panic, but then I remembered she booked through Princess.

She had been asleep for hours and needed her sleep to travel the next day, so I called Princess EZAir myself. While I have to admit there were some minor communication difficulties, I was very pleased that the representative ultimately was able to change her to a flight on another airline that departed close to the original flight time and in plenty of time to make the ship. It was nice to talk to one person that could see the itinerary, be aware of the timing, find a replacement flight, cancel the original flight, and book onto the new flight. And, at no extra charge!

It was great to be able to calmly tell her the next morning that she could have slept another half hour because she was now on such and such a flight.

I thank Princess EZAir for helping my mother in law as well as allowing me to help her.

When I travel, I tend to book airfare directly, but I might rethink that after this experience.

Yes, this is a story with a good ending and how smart of you to keep on top of the travel situation.

But this is another story that is also a word to the wise. Do not attempt to fly in on same day of a cruise. Even in otherwise "good weather" locations, things happen. This person was lucky, but I wonder if others might have missed the ship? Yes a hotel room adds to the cost, but the stress elimination is well worth it.

It's so good to hear this, thank you! I used to not be a fan of EZ Air but now with refundable pricing, I love it! I search often for a lower fare and when it comes up, it just takes one simple call to Princess to cancel the old booking and get the new booking at the lower price. Best of all, we have the comfort of knowing they'll get us to the ship. Love it! I just hope ChoiceAir with Azamara is as good.

I love EZAir especially for internatonal flights. Great prices. So, glad she was giving another flight and made it to the ship ontime.

Question:

What phone number did you call them at in the middle of the night? Princess is not open at that hour and I have never noticed an emergency number to call associated with any of our flights and we have been doing at least three trips a year. I just looked over all our info for our upcoming cruise and no emergency number.

Would like to have it to put in my booking notes.

The reason I also ask is because Princess will not allow you to talk to anyone at ezIr - that has been my experience the past six months. I was having a major issue and the Princess rep would put me on hold and call EZair. It was so frustrating - never was able to help me like years ago when you could directly talk with an agent at EZAir. I tried talking with several different reps or several days.

Thanks

I love EZAir especially for internatonal flights. Great prices. So, glad she was giving another flight and made it to the ship ontime.

Question:

What phone number did you call them at in the middle of the night? Princess is not open at that hour and I have never noticed an emergency number to call associated with any of our flights and we have been doing at least three trips a year. I just looked over all our info for our upcoming cruise and no emergency number.

The reason I also ask is because Princess will not allow you to talk to anyone at ezIr - that has been my experience the past six months. I was having a major issue and the Princess rep would put me on hold and call EZair. It was so frustrating - never was able to help me like years ago when you could directly talk with an agent at EZAir. I tried talking with several different reps or several days.

Thanks

YES! i hate having to go through the princess rep. it would take a lot less time to talk to ezair direct like we used to.

when the op says "While I have to admit there were some minor communication difficulties" perhaps they mean doing it all through the princess rep?

Question:

Thanks

My mother in law got an email from Princess just a few days before her trip date. It had reminders about various matters. It also said "if you encounter unforseen flight or weather-related delays, please call the En Route Desk." Phone numbers were provided: 800-545-0008 if within US or Canada, 661-284-4410 outside US or Canada, 13 24 88 within Australia.

Apparently, these are generic numbers, because it goes on, "if you encounter unforeseen flight or weather-related delays and you have purchased Princess Vacation Protection and/or Princess eZAir." Numbers provided: 866-509-7712 within US or Canada, 603-894-9386 outside US or Canada. (Nothing said about Australia here.)ac8c8d91246c6873497a2654a13f4124.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Edited by StknCPA

YES! i hate having to go through the princess rep. it would take a lot less time to talk to ezair direct like we used to.

when the op says "While I have to admit there were some minor communication difficulties" perhaps they mean doing it all through the princess rep?

He said she was asleep for hours so I assumed it was in the middle of the night when no reps are on duty. Hopefully op will get back to us.

Of all the reps I talked to, no one could or would tell me why the new policy. What a waste of time for the reps to have to call EZair then get back with us - one did it three times. More of a waste of time for me.

The minor communication issues were:

The call started with a recording. The machine hung up on me. Fortunately, I tried a second time, because it worked the second time.

The other problem was trying to communicate alpha numeric numbers and figuring out which one they wanted. I started with the eZAir confirmation number, but that didn't work. We went through at least three numbers--i don't remember what they were-cruise confirm? Itinerary number? All this time having difficulties communicating the alpha portion--even after switching to Alpha Bravo stuff. We ended up with the cruise itinerary number and last name--I think.

But it all worked out.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about this positive story.

Also, compliments to the OP for checking the flight status at midnight.... Might have been a different story if the OP didn't do that final check.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

I was still up. Preparing tax returns...

Try to keep up. 5 posts back has your answer (#12).

Thanks for letting me know. I have been having issues with my computer and that post was not showing up until just now. Darn computers - they are wonderful until they stop working.

Interesting. I always use ezair and have never received that email. Nothing like that from my trip eight weeks ago. I have a cruise coming up in 5 weeks and will be be looking for it.

OP, hope she is having a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...