Princes Cruises - New rip off for drinks package.

CavaGirl

Perhaps it is just me, but it does seem like imbibing more then 15 alcohol drinks a day is a bit much. In fact, in my old paramedic days I treated patients who were in great trouble (physically) from drinking less. The cruise lines are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to alcohol. Passenger drinks too much,,,,passenger jumps (or falls) overboard....passengers family sues the cruise line. or ...Passenger drinks too much....passenger falls down and injures him/her self.....and later sues the cruise line for negligence for allowing them that many drink.

I do agree that these drink packages seem to be overpriced. But the solution is actually very simple...don't buy a drink package.

Hank

Wow.....my alcoholic ex-hubby didn't even drink 15-40 drinks per DAY! :') That's ALOT!!

Question: one poster mentioned that bottled water is now given in little bottles. Anyone know if the daily bottled water given to full suites passengers is also in small bottles?

Also noticed that the max price per drink has gone from $10 to $12 and the discount on a bottle of wine has gone from 40% to 25%. This tells me they are probably going to increase the price of drinks since most now are under $10. A $40 bottle of wine will now cost you about $7 more. Those all-inclusive cruise lines are looking better and better.

What happens to people who purchased the AIBP or it was included in the cruise price under the old terms?

It's hard for me to image drinking more than 15 alcoholic drinks a day. Someone could start with three mimosas or bloody Mary's with breakfast, a couple of glasses of wine with lunch, three beers by the pool in the afternoon, a martini or two before dinner, another couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and then a couple of drinks after dinner--and still have one drink left on the limit.

The $68.99 US per day includes the 15% service charge.

The 15 per day drink limit is only for alcoholic beverages.

So, someone help me, because I did get a C in Calculus 3 about twenty years ago, but how is $4.60 per alcoholic beverage a rip off?

I think most folks would be hard pressed to put down 15 in a day, not impossible, but that is a big day of drinking. However, what kind of cruising experience would you have if you did that everyday for a seven night cruise?

I get that nobody likes terms being changed on them, but seriously the limit imposed is at the upper limit of what anyone could claim is responsible alcohol consumption.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

If the cost of what you drink is $10, you would only need to have an average of seven drinks per day to make the plan worth purchasing.

Not to mention the non-alcohol: the specialty coffees, high-end teas, milkshakes, bottled waters, fresh squeezed juices, etc.:hearteyes:

Dilly, dilly

The Countess

I get the limit of 15. But why can't it be shared. If i am allowed 15 drinks then why can't I share it with my hubby who will drink only a few?

To be honest I have shared with my other half before but never hit more then 10 in a day. They are still making big bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the limit of 15. But why can't it be shared. If i am allowed 15 drinks then why can't I share it with my hubby who will drink only a few?

You do realize that Princess has terms and conditions for the package.

Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.

To be honest I have shared with my other half before but never hit more then 10 in a day. They are still making big bucks.

If you shared you cheated !! You are an example of why this was changed

If you shared you cheated !! You are an example of why this was changed

If you think that it has changed by a few people taking an extra one here and there you are sadly mistaken. Princess has raised rates cut back on food selections adding more rooms to improve bottom line income.

I read through this thread and I think I missed something. Did no one question why this person was upset that there was a limit of 40 drinks a day at some time?

I think the OP was merely pointing out that the so called "UNLIMITED" beverage package was never really unlimited. Whether there is a cap at 40 or 15 is irrelevant - if it was, indeed, unlimited then there would be NO LIMIT!

You still can share.

Just be discreet & you'll be fine. ;)

Since they're capping it at 15 drinks per day they should just issue punch cards like the coffee card & officially allow sharing.

You still can share.

Just be discreet & you'll be fine. ;)

Since they're capping it at 15 drinks per day they should just issue punch cards like the coffee card & officially allow sharing.

This post highlights the problem of why prices increase and benefits decrease.

Drink sales are the biggest revenue generator onboard the ship. They offer these packages for convenience and for them to generate money. They run the numbers and make the cost of the package high enough where most people won’t hit cost parity with their daily purchases, thus increasing their revenue.

By engaging in, or encouraging the sharing of the package you are contributing the to problem and when Princess runs the numbers they will always make the change in their favor. Clearly too many people were gaming the system and they saw much larger drink purchases that what would normally take place. I’ve also read where some people would order shots and then take them back to their cabin where they put it in a container to take off the ship.

Princess wouldn’t have made the change to the program if people weren’t taking advantage of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Drink sales are the biggest revenue generator onboard the ship. They offer these packages for convenience and for them to generate money. They run the numbers and make the cost of the package high enough where most people won’t hit cost parity with their daily purchases, thus increasing their revenue.

By engaging in, or encouraging the sharing of the package you are contributing the to problem and when Princess runs the numbers they will always make the change in their favor. Clearly too many people were gaming the system and they saw much larger drink purchases that what would normally take place. I’ve also read where some people would order shots and then take them back to their cabin where they put it in a container to take off the ship.

Princess wouldn’t have made the change to the program if people weren’t taking advantage of it.

Just my 2 cents.

You are correct sir.

:)

Can't say that I've seen it either.

I will say Princess is very afraid of getting a bad reputation & will react to bad press and that may have been a reason (other than the cost of sharing)

agreed

Just my 2 cents.

Also agree with you! It's a real shame what some people will do. :(

Also agree with you! It's a real shame what some people will do. :(

Question - what is the cost of a 7&7 or Crown & Coke on board? I’m trying to decide on getting the drink package.

Also, on Carnival, both cabin mates must buy the package. Is this true with Princess or can I buy it without my wife purchasing as well?

Mike