Active Military OBC

zogrand

My husband is a veteran and he receives the Military OBC. We submitted his DD 214 to receive this. We're taking our son-in-law on a cruise. He is active military. What does he need to submit? The form states "a military verification certificate" but he doesn't know what this is. Is his military ID sufficient or does he require more? TIA everyone!

Carol

You didn't say how long he has been in the military but he should have received a DD-214 every time he has reenlisted. When my husband was active duty, he received the DD-214 prior to each reenlistment. I would call Princess and ask if his ID card is sufficient if he is still on his first enlistment.

My husband is a veteran and he receives the Military OBC. We submitted his DD 214 to receive this. We're taking our son-in-law on a cruise. He is active military. What does he need to submit? The form states "a military verification certificate" but he doesn't know what this is. Is his military ID sufficient or does he require more? TIA everyone!

Carol

When I cruised while on active duty I submitted a copy of both sides my Military ID, DD Form 2A, if I remember correctly, with the SSN and ID number blanked out. Worked very time.

See attached form from Princess.

As noted from drpack - easy to do. Just make sure it is forwarded to Princess a few weeks before your cruise in order to give them time to apply it. Once done, it will be on his princess file for future cruises.

BTW, Officers only get a dd-214 when they retire or if they exit before retirement, so you might not get one for 20 to 30 years - unlike Enlisted who get one at the end of every enlistment.

Thank you all so much. I knew I could count on CC for the help I needed. I've forward this info on to my son-in-law. We were supposed to go to Alaska as a family last year for our 50th Anniversary but he was in Iraq and we wouldn't go without him. He and I thank you for your info!