Free WiFi in Ports

RPD

Does anyone know where to find free WiFi in the ports? I'm bringing an iPad and hoping to avoid having to pay RC's onboard internet fees. We're sailing on the Oasis in June to the Western Caribbean. Thanks.

IF you're going to Cozumel and if you will be docked where we were on the Freedom, you are very close to Senor Frog. If you walk a little closer you might be able to go online. In St Thomas I sat on deck 4 port side in front of Senor Frog and I was able to go online there. :D So it might work for Cozumel too, I haven't tried it there.

Cindy

There are shopping areas when you get off the ship in most ports. Several stores post signs advertising free WiFi. If you don't see any signs, look for the 25 or so people sitting on the ground using their laptops. That's usually an indication of a hot spot.

I love that advice, look for 25 people sitting on the ground using laptops:) But it is so true. I know in Nassau you can see folks sitting on the curb outside the building. In many ports an internet cafe is very close to the pier, follow the folks carrying laptops. When I was in Mexico I went in to one at the pier, something like $5 for an hour, but the yahoo screen was in spanish, didn't think to ask the clerk how to change it, so I just tried to remember where the buttons usually were, pretty funny.

Archived