Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:56 AM.
#1
Spain
193 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Hello. We are booked in an SF suite aft for an upcoming cruise on the Jade out of Miami.

The itinerary was very affected by the hurricanes of last year.

I've just been sent the possibility of an upgrade to a Haven suite. We have been in the Haven 3 times on Epic.

I cannot see any reference to a Haven Restaurant on the Jade. So my queries are

1 Is there a Haven restaurant on the Jade?
2 If not where is dinner taken? Breakfast and Lunch were in Cagneys the last time we were on the Jade in an SF suite.

Thanks for your help in deciding if an upgrade is worth the money.......I know someone will have been in the Haven on the Jade since the refurb.

All help appreciated

Deeko
#2
1,530 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
There is not an haven restaurant on the Jade. As you mention, there is a suite breakfast/lunch option in Modernos and Cagneys but for dinner you only have the regular options everyone else has, with the bonus of having the concierge make reservations for you if you want.
#3
Oregon
2,657 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Here is a link to a video found on youtube showing the refreshed Jade after her update. At 12:51 into the video there is a tour of the Haven on the Jade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6gR0JFSZl0

Would you mind sharing the bid minimums to go from SF suite on your sailing to Haven suites?

Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen (and Larry)
Gr Princess June 01 Carib / Costa Medit Jan 04 Carib / NCL Sun March 06 Carib / NCL Pearl Sept 07 Alaska 40th Anniv / NCL Star Jan 08 Mex Riv / NCL Pearl May 08 2 Nite / NCL Spirit Apr 09 Carib / NCL Star Nov 2009 Mex Riv / NCL EPIC Aug 10 / NCL Pearl Oct 10 KJ & Mom / NCL Star Pac Coastal Sept 11 Big 65 for Larry / NCL Star from NO to Carib Jan 13 / NCL Sun to Alaska June 13 / NCL Epic 8 Day Carib Jan 14 / NCL POA Hawaii Oct 14 / NCL Getaway Carib Jan 15 BEST SHIP EVER / NCL Dawn 14 Day Boston to New Orleans Oct 15 / NCL Jewel Mex Riv Dec 15 / NCL Pearl 10 Day Alaska May 16 / Explorer of the Seas Sept 16 / NCL Jewel Panama Canal Feb 17 / NCL Jewel 8 Day Alaska May 17 / Regal Princess TA Sept 2017, NCL Jade Carib April 18

Looking Forward to NCL Bliss 9-30-2018, NCL Jade 10-24-2019
#5
Florida
144 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Yes, very curious what the bid offers were as we are in an SF on the Pearl and hope to bid up to something "haven"...???Love to hear...
Thanks,
Rob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mariner of the Seas RC 2008 7 days
Jewel NCL 2009 7 days western mini suite
Dawn NCL 2011 10 day southern mini suite
Sun NCL 2012 10 day east/southern mini suite
Pearl NCL 2014 10 day east/southern aft facing mini suite
Jade NCL 2017 10 day eastern aft facing PH suite
Pearl NCL 2019 11 day west/east aft facing PH suite Cruise cancelled for a charter...
Dawn NCL 2020 14 day southern aft facing PH suite
#6
Massachusetts
2,182 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Quick question, we also got the bid to upgrade email today for our Jade cruise in March. We are currently in a balcony cabin and might be interested in bidding on a Non Haven Suite. Do these suites get all the same perks as the Haven suites minus the Haven access?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Click below to see my newest cruise video!
To see more VIDEOS & SUBSCRIBE,


COMPLETED CRUISES
8/2018 - Norwegian Dawn
3/2018 - Norwegian Jade
9/2017 - Norwegian Dawn
7/2017 - Norwegian Breakaway
2/2017 - Norwegian Escape
7/2016 - Norwegian Breakaway
7/2015 - RCCL Liberty of the Seas
8/2014 - Norwegian Getaway
6/2014 - Norwegian Breakaway
4/2014 - Norwegian Breakaway
1/2014 - Norwegian Breakaway
8/2013 - Norwegian Dawn
7/2012 - Norwegian Dawn
7/2011 - Caribbean Princess
6/2010 - Caribbean Princess
2/2009 - MSC Orchestra
6/2008 - Caribbean Princess
5/2000 - Norwegian Majesty
8/1991 - Carnival Fantasy
#7
Oceanside, NY
327 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
If you have been in the haven on the Epic I don’t think you will like the Jade. We were in the haven on the Breakaway and then the Gem. No comparison. Did not like the Gems haven. There is no haven restaurant on the Gem or Jade. No haven lounge or bar. No concierges desk on Jade or Gem. The courtyard is smaller. I would only do haven again on the mega ships not the smaller ones. Just my point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#8
Oregon
2,657 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Chesneygirl
Quick question, we also got the bid to upgrade email today for our Jade cruise in March. We are currently in a balcony cabin and might be interested in bidding on a Non Haven Suite. Do these suites get all the same perks as the Haven suites minus the Haven access?
Yes, full suites with category designation starting with S (rather than M for mini-suite) receive all the usual NCL
suite perks. You don't know how many times I watched your video on two bedroom suite .... love all your videos.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen (and Larry)
Gr Princess June 01 Carib / Costa Medit Jan 04 Carib / NCL Sun March 06 Carib / NCL Pearl Sept 07 Alaska 40th Anniv / NCL Star Jan 08 Mex Riv / NCL Pearl May 08 2 Nite / NCL Spirit Apr 09 Carib / NCL Star Nov 2009 Mex Riv / NCL EPIC Aug 10 / NCL Pearl Oct 10 KJ & Mom / NCL Star Pac Coastal Sept 11 Big 65 for Larry / NCL Star from NO to Carib Jan 13 / NCL Sun to Alaska June 13 / NCL Epic 8 Day Carib Jan 14 / NCL POA Hawaii Oct 14 / NCL Getaway Carib Jan 15 BEST SHIP EVER / NCL Dawn 14 Day Boston to New Orleans Oct 15 / NCL Jewel Mex Riv Dec 15 / NCL Pearl 10 Day Alaska May 16 / Explorer of the Seas Sept 16 / NCL Jewel Panama Canal Feb 17 / NCL Jewel 8 Day Alaska May 17 / Regal Princess TA Sept 2017, NCL Jade Carib April 18

Looking Forward to NCL Bliss 9-30-2018, NCL Jade 10-24-2019
#9
Florida
144 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Originally posted by Chesneygirl
Quick question, we also got the bid to upgrade email today for our Jade cruise in March. We are currently in a balcony cabin and might be interested in bidding on a Non Haven Suite. Do these suites get all the same perks as the Haven suites minus the Haven access?
Yes you get everything but access to the Haven...Everything else is the same on the Jewell class ships, for suites and haven...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mariner of the Seas RC 2008 7 days
Jewel NCL 2009 7 days western mini suite
Dawn NCL 2011 10 day southern mini suite
Sun NCL 2012 10 day east/southern mini suite
Pearl NCL 2014 10 day east/southern aft facing mini suite
Jade NCL 2017 10 day eastern aft facing PH suite
Pearl NCL 2019 11 day west/east aft facing PH suite Cruise cancelled for a charter...
Dawn NCL 2020 14 day southern aft facing PH suite
#10
Oregon
2,657 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by TYSONBOXER
If you have been in the haven on the Epic I don’t think you will like the Jade. We were in the haven on the Breakaway and then the Gem. No comparison. Did not like the Gems haven. There is no haven restaurant on the Gem or Jade. No haven lounge or bar. No concierges desk on Jade or Gem. The courtyard is smaller. I would only do haven again on the mega ships not the smaller ones. Just my point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your input. We've stayed in several NCL suites but never in a Haven suite. We're booked in Jade forward facing 10500 with bump out living room and good sized balcony with nice shaded area from the bridge. We've wanted to stay in this stateroom for a long time and were able to book it outright for a reasonable price by NCL standards so will probably just stay where we are and be happy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen (and Larry)
Gr Princess June 01 Carib / Costa Medit Jan 04 Carib / NCL Sun March 06 Carib / NCL Pearl Sept 07 Alaska 40th Anniv / NCL Star Jan 08 Mex Riv / NCL Pearl May 08 2 Nite / NCL Spirit Apr 09 Carib / NCL Star Nov 2009 Mex Riv / NCL EPIC Aug 10 / NCL Pearl Oct 10 KJ & Mom / NCL Star Pac Coastal Sept 11 Big 65 for Larry / NCL Star from NO to Carib Jan 13 / NCL Sun to Alaska June 13 / NCL Epic 8 Day Carib Jan 14 / NCL POA Hawaii Oct 14 / NCL Getaway Carib Jan 15 BEST SHIP EVER / NCL Dawn 14 Day Boston to New Orleans Oct 15 / NCL Jewel Mex Riv Dec 15 / NCL Pearl 10 Day Alaska May 16 / Explorer of the Seas Sept 16 / NCL Jewel Panama Canal Feb 17 / NCL Jewel 8 Day Alaska May 17 / Regal Princess TA Sept 2017, NCL Jade Carib April 18

Looking Forward to NCL Bliss 9-30-2018, NCL Jade 10-24-2019
#11
Massachusetts
2,182 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by kjquilts
Yes, full suites with category designation starting with S (rather than M for mini-suite) receive all the usual NCL
suite perks. You don't know how many times I watched your video on two bedroom suite .... love all your videos.
Thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Click below to see my newest cruise video!
To see more VIDEOS & SUBSCRIBE,


COMPLETED CRUISES
8/2018 - Norwegian Dawn
3/2018 - Norwegian Jade
9/2017 - Norwegian Dawn
7/2017 - Norwegian Breakaway
2/2017 - Norwegian Escape
7/2016 - Norwegian Breakaway
7/2015 - RCCL Liberty of the Seas
8/2014 - Norwegian Getaway
6/2014 - Norwegian Breakaway
4/2014 - Norwegian Breakaway
1/2014 - Norwegian Breakaway
8/2013 - Norwegian Dawn
7/2012 - Norwegian Dawn
7/2011 - Caribbean Princess
6/2010 - Caribbean Princess
2/2009 - MSC Orchestra
6/2008 - Caribbean Princess
5/2000 - Norwegian Majesty
8/1991 - Carnival Fantasy
#12
Spain
193 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Hi all.
Thanks for all your thoughts. Just in from another New Year party so sorry for delay 23.30 here in Spain.
Everything has been very helpful.
The SF suites on the Jade 3 times now have given us so much eg breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, butler service and priority this and that I think we'll stay put!!
I think the upgrade to say an H4 was about £1400 sterling. Of course a bid is possible.
Given the premium plus advantages already it would be difficult to justify the extra.
We'll probably take some "day passes" in Grand Cayman or elsewhere.
We are booked to come back from USA to Europe on Epic in the Haven and can easily justify that difference in price. With the Haven restaurant the "speciality" restaurants are really not needed.
Hope all goes well for you all in your own planning.
Anyone on the 23 March ex Miami Jade cruise. We are sorry to miss St Thomas. The ABC islands don't hold as much interest for us as the original itinerary. However the tragic results of the Hurricane were shocking for so many in the area.
I still think that perhaps NCL were a bit quick off the mark to change so much so soon.
Again my appreciation for all replies.
Deeko
#13
Virginia, USA
3,902 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by deeko
Hi all.
Thanks for all your thoughts. Just in from another New Year party so sorry for delay 23.30 here in Spain.
Everything has been very helpful.
The SF suites on the Jade 3 times now have given us so much eg breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, butler service and priority this and that I think we'll stay put!!
I think the upgrade to say an H4 was about £1400 sterling. Of course a bid is possible.
Given the premium plus advantages already it would be difficult to justify the extra.
We'll probably take some "day passes" in Grand Cayman or elsewhere.
We are booked to come back from USA to Europe on Epic in the Haven and can easily justify that difference in price. With the Haven restaurant the "speciality" restaurants are really not needed.
Hope all goes well for you all in your own planning.
Anyone on the 23 March ex Miami Jade cruise. We are sorry to miss St Thomas. The ABC islands don't hold as much interest for us as the original itinerary. However the tragic results of the Hurricane were shocking for so many in the area.
I still think that perhaps NCL were a bit quick off the mark to change so much so soon.
Again my appreciation for all replies.
Deeko
We made the best of the revised Jade itinerary although would never have booked that itinerary as we'd been to A&C several times. Enjoyed Jamaica although it was one we wouldn't have chosen. Not much to do in Grand Cayman. Entertainment was okay although not as good as previous cruises on the Jade. Seems like NCL changed whole cruise season, not just months immediately after hurricane as we were. Enjoy your special cabin and cruise!
#14
Spain
193 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Thanks HokieP

I agree re the ABC islands. We went to a beach on Aruba last time we were there. Bonaire has not much to commend it. Anyway a cruise is a cruise!!
We would have loved the original itinerary but what the heck!!
we had flights booked from Europe and hotels in Miami........so we look forward to March.
Thanks for your reply
Deeko
#15
White House TN
473 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
We will be in Jade Haven on our March cruise in a courtyard penthouse. Even though there is no haven bar or restaurant, we still want to have the experience. Upgrade bid to owners suite ( which is now sold out) at another $500 pp is too steep for us. The cabin we chose looks really nice. If anyone is interested, I can report back if I thought it was worth staying in the haven or not.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#16
Spain
193 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Hi Janice,

Sorry for delayed reply. Still big New Year activity here in Spain. The Three Kings Arrive today. Today is the big time for childrens presents!
You will enjoy the Haven and will have a great time.
You will be hooked and next time on eg Epic you will love it even more. Happy cruising. Is it the March 23rd cruise???
Bon voyage
Deeko
#17
954 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Hi,
Sounds like I am on a similar itinerary in 3 weeks. I understand about making the best of the changes.I was outvoted by fellow travelers as to canceling, so I am trying to muster up some enthusiasm.
Would you mind telling me what you did in Jamaica? I'm not a fan, but maybe I am missing something.

Any noteworthy experiences/things you could pass along would be very much appreciated.

Originally posted by HokiePoq
We made the best of the revised Jade itinerary although would never have booked that itinerary as we'd been to A&C several times. Enjoyed Jamaica although it was one we wouldn't have chosen. Not much to do in Grand Cayman. Entertainment was okay although not as good as previous cruises on the Jade. Seems like NCL changed whole cruise season, not just months immediately after hurricane as we were. Enjoy your special cabin and cruise!
#18
Oregon
2,657 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by deeko
Thanks HokieP

I agree re the ABC islands. We went to a beach on Aruba last time we were there. Bonaire has not much to commend it. Anyway a cruise is a cruise!!
We would have loved the original itinerary but what the heck!!
we had flights booked from Europe and hotels in Miami........so we look forward to March.
Thanks for your reply
Deeko
If you find yourself in Bonaire again may I suggest a guided sailing and snorkel trip with Woodwind. Ours was absolutely the best excursion we've done on any of our cruises. They have two sailings a day for cruisers. People from our roll call thread booked up both sailings and I think everyone had a wonderful time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen (and Larry)
Gr Princess June 01 Carib / Costa Medit Jan 04 Carib / NCL Sun March 06 Carib / NCL Pearl Sept 07 Alaska 40th Anniv / NCL Star Jan 08 Mex Riv / NCL Pearl May 08 2 Nite / NCL Spirit Apr 09 Carib / NCL Star Nov 2009 Mex Riv / NCL EPIC Aug 10 / NCL Pearl Oct 10 KJ & Mom / NCL Star Pac Coastal Sept 11 Big 65 for Larry / NCL Star from NO to Carib Jan 13 / NCL Sun to Alaska June 13 / NCL Epic 8 Day Carib Jan 14 / NCL POA Hawaii Oct 14 / NCL Getaway Carib Jan 15 BEST SHIP EVER / NCL Dawn 14 Day Boston to New Orleans Oct 15 / NCL Jewel Mex Riv Dec 15 / NCL Pearl 10 Day Alaska May 16 / Explorer of the Seas Sept 16 / NCL Jewel Panama Canal Feb 17 / NCL Jewel 8 Day Alaska May 17 / Regal Princess TA Sept 2017, NCL Jade Carib April 18

Looking Forward to NCL Bliss 9-30-2018, NCL Jade 10-24-2019
#19
White House TN
473 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by deeko
Hi Janice,

Sorry for delayed reply. Still big New Year activity here in Spain. The Three Kings Arrive today. Today is the big time for childrens presents!
You will enjoy the Haven and will have a great time.
You will be hooked and next time on eg Epic you will love it even more. Happy cruising. Is it the March 23rd cruise???
Bon voyage
Deeko
Sounds like you are having a blast!
It’s the March 5th cruise. I’m sure we will love it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#20
Earth
17 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by kjquilts
Thank you for your input. We've stayed in several NCL suites but never in a Haven suite. We're booked in Jade forward facing 10500 with bump out living room and good sized balcony with nice shaded area from the bridge. We've wanted to stay in this stateroom for a long time and were able to book it outright for a reasonable price by NCL standards so will probably just stay where we are and be happy
kjquilts, would you have any photos of Jade 10500 you would mind to share? We're thinking about selecting that cabin for a future cruise.