BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:28 PM.
937 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
So we've been on a bunch of NCL cruises.. sailed the Jewel, Gem, Breakaway, and the Dawn. We will be aboard the Escape in May, and was just trying to get some info on it. I've been doing a lot of reading online, but I was looking for some insider tips.. I'd love to hear about your favorite restaurants, shows, common areas, bar tenders, meals, etc.. If you'd care to share any tips, tricks, or secrets about the Escape, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
686 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
It's only been a few hours since you posted and it's a holiday so there isn't much traffic. However, there is a ton of great reviews, pictures, etc out there that have already discussed what you are asking. Click on the "research" tab at the top of the page and get some info while you are waiting on answers here.

Merry Christmas.
northwestern Pennsylvania
242 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Spend the extra $ for a Thermal Spa pass. You won't regret it. It's a place for total relaxation and quiet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
barb65
937 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by barb65
Spend the extra $ for a Thermal Spa pass. You won't regret it. It's a place for total relaxation and quiet.
My wife was considering this, thanks for the info!
Sandusky Oh
3,616 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by barb65

Or check to see what the upgrade to Spa cabin costs. We paid a little less doing it this way.

In any event Spa was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SS Emerald Seas - 1978
Fascination - 2002
Triumph - 2005
Freedom - 2009
Victory 2012
Destiny - 2012
EPIC 2015
Vista 2018
Bliss 2019

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]

Newfoundland, Canada
3 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Raspberry Guava Mojitos from Sugarcane Mojito Bar are a must!!!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Breeze December 2013
Norwegian Getaway July 2014
Norwegian Star November 205
Norwegian Escape December 2017
937 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by beerman2
Or check to see what the upgrade to Spa cabin costs. We paid a little less doing it this way.

In any event Spa was great!

I'll do this, thanks!
2,187 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
The District Brew House makes a great morning reading spot if you want a place inside.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-weltek
West Coast
43 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
The best meal I had on the Escape was at Pincho Tapas! We had the Specialty Dining for 3 meals and used one credit for lunch here. So worth it!!
Atlanta, GA
1,744 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
If you have the drink package, you can drink on the waterfront at the 5 'oclock somewhere bar and the Cellars wine bar for no additional cost... All of the restaurants that have seating on the waterfront are "for fee" establishments.
Originally posted by marktwothousand
Are there any restaurants or bars to eat/drink on the “waterfront” that aren’t extra cost?
Atlanta, GA
1,744 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
I agree with another poster that suggested using an SDP credit at Pincho Tapas. One of the best meals on the ship. And, most definitely try Food Republic at least once.
937 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by sid_9169
I agree with another poster that suggested using an SDP credit at Pincho Tapas. One of the best meals on the ship. And, most definitely try Food Republic at least once.

Excellent info! Thanks! Getting back to your other comment, about bars on the waterfront, are 5 O'clock and Cellars the only bars on the Waterfront? I remember on the Breakaway they had a really cool bar called Maltings (I think) on the Waterfront, and it was a great hangout
937 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by weltek
The District Brew House makes a great morning reading spot if you want a place inside.
I definitely plan on spending LOTS of time there!