Dates and prices right now? new year pricing?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:44 AM.
South Carolina
245 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
We are searching for a cruise sometime in Sept, Oct or Nov. 2018. We have sailed once with NCL. Looking at the website the selection seems very small, we sail from any of the FLA ports, and the prices seem high right now. For example Port Canaveral is only showing me one cruise and its Thanksgiving week. It is normal for dates to be held back this time of the year and the prices be at the highest right now?
Will more dates come available in the next couple of months and is there any chance prices come down?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past cruises
Carnival Fascination 6-11-2011 Review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1430824
New York
50 Posts
Joined May 2017
The dates by now are pretty much already set... did you check all your filters that only certain cruises are coming up. There should be a decent amount of cruises coming up out of fla ports

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rodger R
rjr0112

RCCL Harmony OTS - Nov 10-18, 2018

Past:
Norwegian Breakaway - July 2-9, 2016
Norwegian Dawn - 12/2002

76 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I have the same problem. I was looking for NCL or Royal cruise in May 2019. It seems like inventory is VERY limited, or all of the ships sailing out of FL haven't yet been listed. And, the prices seemed to be higher than I anticipated. I was thinking (for 3 people in a balcony) $2,500. It's more like $3,600 - $4,100, depending on cabin location.
Michigan
152 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
May-October is off season for Florida cruises as many ships reposition to Europe and Alaska. Most return in November and are running full schedules by Thanksgiving. Epic is the only NCL ship that sails 7+ day itineraries out of Port Canaveral and it's one of the last to reposition in the fall. Everything for 2018 has been posted for quite some time, so if you aren't seeing it it's because it isn't offered.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
Windward 1996? - Southern Caribbean
Norwegian Star 12/24/06 - Mexican Riviera
Norwegian Getaway 11/27/16 - Western Caribbean

Anthem of the Seas 8/31/17 - Canada & New England
Big Apple
7,013 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
August thru October is "prime" hurricane season down in Florida ... where there are usually great last minute prices and good availability of staterooms across many categories - deals to be seized if you have flexible travel plans and/or a day away if driving ... among all major mass lines.

Plus the new typical 120 days (NCL) cancellation policy for 7 day cruises, why not wait for better bundles to come along ... maybe, another tax sales in mid April.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Breakaway Semi Live 10/29-11/3/17 Halloween Storm Special Take #2 Link w. Dailies
Latest - NCL's iConcierge App, WiFi, FAQ/guides, tips/extras, etc. GSC cellular services & WiFi.
NCL Gem - 7D FL/GSC/Nassau (4/29/17) Pix, Dailies, MDR menu/pix, FAQ, WiFi & Extras. Link - CC published Gem review.
NCL Breakaway - 7D Bermuda (5/22/16) Semi Live Quick Update, Pix & Extras - Link
NCL Breakaway - 7D FL/GSC/Nassau (3/22/15) Pix Review, FAQ & Extras
NCL Breakaway - 7D FL/Bahamas (3/23/14) Sailaway (photos,) Inside/Balcony, FAQ, Dining & Review
CCL Splendor 8D E. Caribbean (9/22/13) Pix Review - *8B* Balcony 8417 & 8419 PDF Links: FunTimes, Internet & some Menus **
NCL Gem - 9D E.Caribbean Review (11/7/2012) post Hurricane Sandy NYC Dailies, Maps, & Specials.
RCCL Explorer of the Seas (Bermuda 5D - May 5, 2012) Review
NCL Jewel: (Bahamas 7D - Feb. 13, 2011) Freestyle Daily schedules
NCLA Pride of America - 7D Hawaii May 2009 Review Road to Hana (video) photos (u/l from NCL Star: Mexico Rivera, March 2009 & Alaska, Sept 2009)
NCL Crown, Bermuda 2007 & 2006, NCL Dawn 2005 & 2003, NCL Sea 2001
RCCL Voyager of the Seas (Canada/NE 2004)
Premier Cruises SS Sea Breeze (1998) Prince of Fundy Cruises MS Scotia Prince (1993, 95)
Strollin' down the avenue that's known as A1A, FL
11,699 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Check your filters. I'm seeing a number of itineraries with availability for that time frame.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#curmudgeonoftheseas
----
First Cruise: TSS Carnivale - March 1983
152 nights at sea and counting...
Next Up: Norwegian Jade

CARNIVAL - Carnivale, Festivale, Paradise (x2), Triumph, Miracle, Destiny, Fascination, Valor, Glory, Conquest, Liberty (x3), Sunshine

NCL - Norway, Skyward (x2), Getaway

COSTA - Costa Riviera

WINDJAMMER - Yankee Trader

PREMIER - Oceanic

RCCL - Song of Norway

PRINCESS - Star Princess