Dog on ship, continued

Problem is it’s ruining it for people that really need a service animal 😩 on our cruise last year I never saw a dog, but I did hear one barking all the time in a cabin when I’d walk by it. A true service dog would never bark...

The bogus forms on the internet. The all encompassing Federal law. Two problems that come together to allow scumbags to bring their "fur baby" onboard. This need to END. Tie for all cruise lines to demand a change in the law requiring pre-certification by a managing organization. This situation STINKS> Hear us RCI?

Is this too much to ask royal Caribbean, I DONT THINK SO

Emotional Support Animal Policy effective on July 1, 2018.

Following are some of the highlights of the policy changes:

• Customers will submit documentation at least 48 hours before travel.
  • JetBlue must be notified of emotional support animal travel and receive documentation no less than 48 hours prior to departure
  • Three forms of documentation will now be required:
    • Veterinary Health Form
    • Medical/Mental Health Professional Form
    • Confirmation of Animal Behavior Form

• Each customer will only be allowed to travel with one Emotional Support Animal
  • Acceptable emotional support and psychiatric service animals are limited to dogs, cats, and miniature horses
  • Customers that have indicated they are traveling with an Emotional Support Animal will be sent an email with instructions on submitting documentation.

Perfect. Would solve a lot of problems.

Why would the dog have to wake him up while taking the ride in the car???????

Not for regular Diabetic patient but with Type 1 Hypoglycemia Unawareness, and at times have potentially saved their owner from falling into a Coma. There are trained Diabetes Service Dogs. Like said not sure of Local/Federal Laws protecting someone from having to keep dog in cage, these dogs need to be closer to owner to detect low blood sugar.

Edited by ONECRUISER

The bogus forms on the internet. The all encompassing Federal law. Two problems that come together to allow scumbags to bring their "fur baby" onboard. This need to END. Tie for all cruise lines to demand a change in the law requiring pre-certification by a managing organization. This situation STINKS> Hear us RCI?

I love those forms that people are wasting good money on. At least they are spending something, and when you see someone with one you know it's not a real service dog. I just wonder it those sites do BOGO's or Buy one get 50 percent off another like Royal does. :halo:

Service caterpillar.

36632982_10216216785708103_8546507202712567808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1012571a97b999206eefbf89149b8d27&oe=5BD64319

HOW DARE YOU!!!! you are marginalizing ESI’s (Emotional Support Insects) I got a bad pinch from a binding clip several months ago. The only relief I get from that traumatic experience is my support cockroach (cocky).

I take him/her everywhere. I think you owe all of us an apology for your ignorance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In a perfect world this would be a non issue. My neighbor owns a apartment rental agency. They now consistently see people getting apartments with ESA in dwellings that have a no pet policy.

It is federal law. Very few things can be done to protect the landlords rights. They must rent to them. In fact, over his career he had a handful of legitimate SA’s. In the past few years its an epidemic. Coincidence or ridiculous bastardization of the ADA?

Not sure what the big deal is if you see a dog on a ship. They are easy to avoid I am sure. We have seen dogs on ships, some on leashes others in a pocket books, and it didn’t affect us one way or the other.

And yes, you can get certificates online, or just make up one of your own, as there is no official certification.

Why can’t people just mind their own business is beyond me. These complainers are much more annoying than a dog that happens to be somewhere on a very large ship.

HOW DARE YOU!!!! you are marginalizing ESI’s (Emotional Support Insects) I got a bad pinch from a binding clip several months ago. The only relief I get from that traumatic experience is my support cockroach (cocky).

I take him/her everywhere. I think you owe all of us an apology for your ignorance.

If he's so precious to you, why didn't you write "Cocky"??? I call shenanigans on you!!!!!!

Service dogs should be required by law to be certified by a licensed trainer. And the certification should be required entering areas where animals are restricted. This "You can't ask" thing is ridiculous... And emotional support animals? Stay home and support your emotions with your animal. The rest of the world does not need to be subjected to dog poo unnecessarily, particularly after paying for a rather expensive vacation and considering the ongoing health risks on ships.

Service dogs should be required by law to be certified by a licensed trainer. And the certification should be required entering areas where animals are restricted. This "You can't ask" thing is ridiculous... And emotional support animals? Stay home and support your emotions with your animal. The rest of the world does not need to be subjected to dog poo unnecessarily, particularly after paying for a rather expensive vacation and considering the ongoing health risks on ships.

Certified by whom?

Not sure what the big deal is if you see a dog on a ship. They are easy to avoid I am sure. We have seen dogs on ships, some on leashes others in a pocket books, and it didn’t affect us one way or the other.

And yes, you can get certificates online, or just make up one of your own, as there is no official certification.

Why can’t people just mind their own business is beyond me. These complainers are much more annoying than a dog that happens to be somewhere on a very large ship.

I agree. I think it would be a nice change of pace to see dogs on a ship. I'd enjoy it.

Would you enjoy the fleas? The smell? The nose prints on glass? The slime on walls, handrails? The urine or "poop" smell and stains on carpet? The extra cost for ripped soft goods? The fur - both airborn and on surfaces? Say if some landed on the creme brulee on your dining table? The barking or crying when left alone? The sneezing if you are allergic? What if you were the family that booked a suite that wasn't quite cleaned enough to get rid of the dog "smell"?

While we love our little chihuahua, he gets a sitter while we cruise. No sense in risking an offensive action or stressing about his care.

When it's in your business, it's everyone's business. No one has a problem with the cuteness. It's the other

Would you enjoy the fleas? The smell? The nose prints on glass? The slime on walls, handrails? The urine or "poop" smell and stains on carpet? The extra cost for ripped soft goods? The fur - both airborn and on surfaces? Say if some landed on the creme brulee on your dining table? The barking or crying when left alone? The sneezing if you are allergic? What if you were the family that booked a suite that wasn't quite cleaned enough to get rid of the dog "smell"?

While we love our little chihuahua, he gets a sitter while we cruise. No sense in risking an offensive action or stressing about his care.

When it's in your business, it's everyone's business. No one has a problem with the cuteness. It's the other

Sounds like your dog needs obedience school.

Plus 1. I'm allergic to dogs.

Dogs are on board the Queen Mary 2 but not in staterooms. They are well cared for in the ship''s kennels which the owners can visit. Service dogs are treated differently and allowed to be with the passenger. I don't know how they determine true service dogs from those with Internet certificates.

Wouldn't bother me. I've had dogs. I love dogs. I have no problems with them.

I first complained about a yappy little dog that ruined a lot of people’s cruise in March, 2012. Shows were disrupted, people were kept awake by the barking when he was left alone, people at his table were disgusted when he sat in the owners lap and ate off the plate in the MDR, etc. That thread ran 20 pages. 6 years later it’s still an issue. I don’t know how it will be resolved. I suppose it will take a lawsuit or two by someone who gets bitten by one of these animals.

I first complained about a yappy little dog that ruined a lot of people’s cruise in March, 2012. Shows were disrupted, people were kept awake by the barking when he was left alone, people at his table were disgusted when he sat in the owners lap and ate off the plate in the MDR, etc. That thread ran 20 pages. 6 years later it’s still an issue. I don’t know how it will be resolved. I suppose it will take a lawsuit or two by someone who gets bitten by one of these animals.
Someone was bitten on an airplane and airlines are starting to crack down. Cruise lines need to follow.

Not always easy to avoid. Last year on a Freedom cruise, their was a couple sitting next to ours in the MDR. They had a dog in a cage. Not sure if it was a service animal. The dog did a load, and the stink was horrible. I thought our waiter was going to throw-up because of the smell. We asked the Head Waiter to move us to another table, but none were available. Instead, my wife and I got complimentary meals at Chops for the rest of the cruise.

Sounds like your dog needs obedience school.

I don’t have any dogs, although i have had in the past. What does obedience school have to do with shedding? Even well brushed dogs shed as they stroll around unless they are a poodle. Training is never-ending. Do you want to spend an hour a day re-inforcing YOUR dogs training? Valuable dogs are never fed at the table. The food we eat is not necessarily good for us, what moron thinks that it is good for a “service animal”? Animals fed “people” food often have fatty livers, bad kidneys, blaster stones and heart disease. LEAVE THE PETS AT HOME!